Week 6 Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

Weak is a relative term

it would not be unfair and has been said more often that socal is weak after Big 3

in all seriousness, Buchanan can play.  I don’t know if they’d finish 3rd in Trinity but they’re more than capable of doing so.  If they can beat Central (Fresno), they may be Folsom’s NorCal 1AA opponent and if so, Remind me and I’ll bet you they give keepnit closer with Folsom than whoever socal sends 

Bless your heart Pops. 

Nocal are dreamers too

Sammy is a Chamaeleon that rides the coattails of other teams success. He starts at Mater Dei, then SJB, then the Trinity League, then the Southern Section, then SoCal, then NorCal, then Bishop Gorman, than any random West coast team that plays a out of region opponent. 

Sammy just has too much time on his hands because the teams he should be representing aren't very good at football  

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Sammy is a Chamaeleon that rides the coattails of other teams success. He starts at Mater Dei, then SJB, then the Trinity League, then the Southern Section, then SoCal, then NorCal, then Bishop Gorman, than any random West coast team that plays a out of region opponent. 

Sammy just has too much time on his hands because the teams he should be representing aren't very good at football  

Wrong.  I start with St. Paul then Servite.

You forgot to tell everyone that I’m also the commissioner.   Lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pops said:

There are lots of NorCal teams that could fit between #2 and #3 in Trinity 

Have you noticed that @Eddyr2 and @dntn31 don’t dwell on League pride as much as perennial cellar dweller servite 

trust me if Folsom actually played and beat BG, sammy would turn in the team with no weaknesses and bask in state pride 

JSerra and DLS would be a good game...Bosco and MD would beat DLS by 3 scores...DLS would end up either 3rd or 4th in the Trinity League.

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Pops, please tell us you are trolling when you say Buchanan is a good football team. You were touting this line in the DLS thread so I went and watched the YouTube stream to see for myself.

The verdict is Buchanan is not that good and would have their doors blown off against most of the nation's Top 25. 

As the season progresses, DLS is showing us that they don't belong with the teams they are ranked with.

Agree. DLS played like crap.  DLS should have rolled that team. Game should have been put away early but offense fails to execute. Spartan defense was simply awful.  Nothing but missed tackles and arm whiffs. No one it seems, wanted to put a body on some one. Special teams as well. Granted most thought there would be a let down after playing two physical teams back to back before this game, and a 4 hr bus ride down didn't help, but still.  Against Gorman a week ago you could see glimpses of Spartans being a worthy  top 15 team, but this game for sure puts doubt to that assumption. They really never showed up for this game.

5 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Agree. DLS played like crap.  DLS should have rolled that team. Game should have been put away early but offense fails to execute. Spartan defense was simply awful.  Nothing but missed tackles and arm whiffs. No one it seems, wanted to put a body on some one. Special teams as well. Granted most thought there would be a let down after playing two physical teams back to back before this game, and a 4 hr bus ride down didn't help, but still.  Against Gorman a week ago you could see glimpses of Spartans being a worthy  top 15 team, but this game for sure puts doubt to that assumption. They really never showed up for this game.

That’s a more realistic explanation than Pops touting Buchanan. 

9 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

JSerra and DLS would be a good game...Bosco and MD would beat DLS by 3 scores...DLS would end up either 3rd or 4th in the Trinity League.

Bosco and MD capable of beating anyone not named IMG (or maybe SJC) bub3 scores easily so I won’t debate the line but DLS is going to show up this year with the intention of winning vs just being happy to be there 

Am not saying JSerra not capablenif beating DLS but odds would be similar to DLS vs either of the machines 

am not sure you were paying attention from ‘99 to ‘16 in between Md section titles but DLS does pretty well against socal’s best and outside of ‘04/‘05 hasn’t lost to socal outside of their best team 

30 minutes ago, Pops said:

Bosco and MD capable of beating anyone not named IMG (or maybe SJC) bub3 scores easily so I won’t debate the line but DLS is going to show up this year with the intention of winning vs just being happy to be there 

Am not saying JSerra not capablenif beating DLS but odds would be similar to DLS vs either of the machines 

am not sure you were paying attention from ‘99 to ‘16 in between Md section titles but DLS does pretty well against socal’s best and outside of ‘04/‘05 hasn’t lost to socal outside of their best team 

Sorry didn’t have time to read this too busy watching the last 2 Open Bowls

35 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

The D1 would have been the open. Those are DLS SBG loses no matter what they were called.

I said Open 

I excluded ‘06 and ‘07 as pre-open where DLS went 1-1 vs socal’s best 

no agenda — the point is the same — you’re picking flyshit out of the pepper 

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Let’s see what happens between Bishop Amat and Chaminade next Friday. JSerra beat Bishop Amat by 21-20. If chaminade plays them close there’s no doubt that DLS/Folsom would be top 3 in Trinity League. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Let’s see what happens between Bishop Amat and Chaminade next Friday. JSerra beat Bishop Amat by 21-20. If chaminade plays them close there’s no doubt that DLS/Folsom would be top 3 in Trinity League. 

Maybe...Folsom, DLS and JSerra all seem really good. Not Great but really really good.