Week 6 Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

7 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Being I am across the country, I am no expert on Cali HS football, but wouldn’t your claim be a result of the fact that SoCal has their best group of teams all playing for a spot on the D1 / Top Bowl game?  I find it hard to believe these bowl games would be very competitive if the SoCal reps in the state bowl games were MD, SJB, CC, etc. and they weren’t all fighting for the D1 spot.

this is true.The top 18 southern section teams are all in one playoff division for the open bowl.with the folsom rule and all the section open playoffs up north they are assured of sending their best teams.The kicker is they lost all 5 top SBG a couple years ago anyway.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Being I am across the country, I am no expert on Cali HS football, but wouldn’t your claim be a result of the fact that SoCal has their best group of teams all playing for a spot on the D1 / Top Bowl game?  I find it hard to believe these bowl games would be very competitive if the SoCal reps in the state bowl games were MD, SJB, CC, etc. and they weren’t all fighting for the D1 spot.

Exactly, a guy from across the country understands more than the NoCal homers. 

Top 20 vs top 20, NoCal would be lucky to win a game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

this is true.The top 18 southern section teams are all in one playoff division for the open bowl.with the folsom rule and all the section open playoffs up north they are assured of sending their best teams.The kicker is they lost all 5 top SBG a couple years ago anyway.

Easy there.  And I believe it's known as the Folsom/SS Rule, since y'all wanted that extra week of prep for DLS.  Should really be named the DLS rule, since it came to be, because DLS was winning WAY too many bowl games. 

21 hours ago, Blueliner said:

No frustration and DEFINITELY no hate here. My brothers in SoCal are still my Cali brothers at the end of the day. But NorCal does just fine. Look at NFL rosters.

How can you explain your halo team, DLS giving up 50+ in back to back humbling crushing losses? NorCal doing just fine ?? LOL!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Radish said:

How can you explain your halo team, DLS giving up 50+ in back to back humbling crushing losses? NorCal doing just fine ?? LOL!!!!!!!

Yep. Those were tough losses to come to grips with after years of SoCal ownage. The reality is plain as day as to what the playing field looks like now. We’ll just keep plugging along without transfers and hope for the best.

19 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Is that senior transfer eligible yet?

I know you’re just jabbing, but he’s eligible after the bye week....playing as a safety and WR. Not even sure where he’ll end up on the depth chart. It’s actually a very interesting story as to why he transferred in the first place, essentially sacrificing his senior year as a one of Norcal’s best QBs to sit 5 games and not play QB at DLS. But I’m guessing that really doesn’t matter to you. This is highly unusual for DLS, and is not an athletically motivated transfer. Apples and oranges when talking transfers.

8 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I know you’re just jabbing, but he’s eligible after the bye week....playing as a safety and WR. Not even sure where he’ll end up on the depth chart. It’s actually a very interesting story as to why he transferred in the first place, essentially sacrificing his senior year as a one of Norcal’s best QBs to sit 5 games and not play QB at DLS. But I’m guessing that really doesn’t matter to you. This is highly unusual for DLS, and is not an athletically motivated transfer. Apples and oranges when talking transfers.

Lmao Come to find out Folsom has a bunch of transfers too.

13 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Lmao Come to find out Folsom has a bunch of transfers too.

If Folsom wants accept upper-division transfers, that’s their business. Not sure they have. 

And just so we’re clear, DLS accepted one non-athletically motivated transfer that had to sit 5 games. And when eligible, that player will be playing a position that isn’t where he excelled. 

Apples to oranges. 

7 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

If Folsom wants accept upper-division transfers, that’s their business. Not sure they have. 

And just so we’re clear, DLS accepted one non-athletically motivated transfer that had to sit 5 games. And when eligible, that player will be playing a position that isn’t where he excelled. 

Apples to oranges. 

Let you tell it 

6 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Truth is Folsom is a really good team. In the mix for 4th best team in the state. They will win the 2nd tier SBG and will end the season the 4th highest ranked team in the state, behind DLS, 1st and 2nd place teams from the CIF SS D1.

We really won’t know that. They didn’t score against the only decent team they played. Buchanan of Clovis looks better and I predict they lose this Friday against Fresno Central. Those teams don’t Recuit like Folsom does either.

4 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

Read the NoCal board. There is plenty on it. If you aren’t capable, I can copy and paste for you.

So your only evidence is a "rumor" about possibly 1-2 transfers???? None of whom can even be named. 

It's rich when SoCal homer accuses a norcal team of possibly, maybe, hopefully, praying to god, 1 transfer who nobody even knows who it is. 

For as much as you hate Norcal football, why the hell are you even reading the board? 

Maybe next time, chief. 

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Don't really have a dawg in this fight, but is it true folsom has a couple guys that are from Reno area and are now eligible?  Keep hearing that on the NorCal board, but did not read all the posts to find out who, what, where and when.  

They can't claim who, what, where and when which is why it's laughable. They also said it's two D1 recruits. 

Here's all Folsom's transfers for all sports (boys/girls)

http://www.cifsjs.org/coaches_and_administrators/transfereligibility/TransferRulings

After doing a little digging, maybe that poster is referring to Pierre Chandon, who is a senior, and is not a D1 recruit. I don't even see that he has any offers. But I'm supposed to believe that Folsom's coaches are actively recruiting seniors from Reno who won't move the needle? Folsom is going to blow out the rest of the teams on their schedule with or without 1 kid. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

They can't claim who, what, where and when which is why it's laughable. They also said it's two D1 recruits. 

Here's all Folsom's transfers for all sports (boys/girls)

http://www.cifsjs.org/coaches_and_administrators/transfereligibility/TransferRulings

After doing a little digging, maybe that poster is referring to Pierre Chandon, who is a senior, and is not a D1 recruit. I don't even see that he has any offers. But I'm supposed to believe that Folsom's coaches are actively recruiting seniors from Reno who won't move the needle? Folsom is going to blow out the rest of the teams on their schedule with or without 1 kid. 

Yeah, thats the only guy I see on there and is from Reno.  I also did not see any offers, but the senior is a big kat and had some write ups about him in the sacbee saying colleges were looking at him.  Honest question, what is the connection with Reno?

9 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Yeah, thats the only guy I see on there and is from Reno.  I also did not see any offers, but the senior is a big kat and had some write ups about him in the sacbee saying colleges were looking at him.  Honest question, what is the connection with Reno?

My guess is that players want to play for winning programs. Especially ones where they can get noticed by colleges. Folsom has had boat loads of college recruiters at their practices/games. Folsom is the best program within 2 hours of Reno and it's a highly desirable destination for the family to move. That's my speculation. 

20 hours ago, Ararar said:

.The kicker is they lost all 5 top SBG a couple years ago anyway.

And a couple of years before that an also ran that lost to the NCS #9 seed beat the Pac5 champ, who didn't even make the play-in game for the Open

Enjoy your moment in the sun, but:

1. NorCal still leads the Open series 
  2. Folsom can beat whover you're going to send to the D1AA game by 10 TDs and NorCal would prefer you guys fix your playoffs to be able to send a team that can defend themselves
  • Haha 1