Week 6 Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

Pops, I wouldn’t even answer this. This 20 year old is flirting with block territory. 

You're a funny guy.

Cen10 has handled their business against better competition while DLS just had a butt puckering finish against an inferior NorCal team.

You DLS folks are still praying for hyperimprovement and it hasn't come yet. That's not my problem.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Buchanan's RB Kendall Milton is rated higher than any RB in SoCal and is only a Junior. Buchanan has a couple other D1 athletes and decent size on the lines. They'd compete well against anybody not named SJB and MD.

You don’t get out much do you? Buchanan was tied with Liberty going into the 4th qt and needed 2 Liberty turnovers to win that game late in the 4th. MV was beating Liberty 21-0 after the first qt. Like they do every year. Then they put the brakes on and play subs. 

You need to stay in your NoCal bubble. You don’t have a clue

5 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

You don’t get out much do you? Buchanan was tied with Liberty going into the 4th qt and needed 2 Liberty turnovers to win that game late in the 4th. MV was beating Liberty 21-0 after the first qt. Like they do every year. Then they put the brakes on and play subs. 

I'm just going to sit back and laugh now.

I can't believe the DLS guys are even attempting to spin this when they should just hide until the hyperimprovement occurs.

12 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

This is rich — explaining why a SSD1 semi finalist has the same MOv bs an inferior NorCal team

did MV just not put the brakes on in time to beat projected SSD2 champ Upland by an extra 20?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You're a funny guy.

Cen10 has handled their business against better competition while DLS just had a butt puckering finish against an inferior NorCal team.

You DLS folks are still praying for hyperimprovement and it hasn't come yet. That's not my problem.

Listen, block Jr. At least you attempted to back up your babble this time. 

Their schedules are similar at worst. I’m no Folsom fan, but they’d be favored against OLu and Narbonne, and would give  Chandler a hell of a game. And the other two teams Cen10 played are garbage.  DLS has played 6 teams that will likely be playing for some kind of state championship. 

DLS score 28 in the first half against Buchanan. Their QB went out in the the first series of the Second and the offense suffered. Don’t be a tool (more than usual).  

I don’t buy into hyper_improvement. 

• Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

DLS scored 28 in the first half. And 3 in the second without their starting QB. 🤔. Don’t be obtuse. 

• Thumbs Down 1

52 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Their schedules are similar at worst. I’m no Folsom fan, but they’d be favored against OLu and Narbonne, and would give  Chandler a hell of a game. And the other two teams Cen10 played are garbage.  DLS has played 6 teams that will likely be playing for some kind of state championship. 

DLS score 28 in the first half against Buchanan. Their QB went out in the the first series of the Second and the offense suffered. Don’t be a tool (more than usual).  

Considering your reasoning, are we to assume that DLS is a great team without their QB?

Hell no is the answer.

They may have been a Top 30-40 team with him. Without him, DLS may not even be Top 75.

That vaunted DLS defense is beginning to look suspect as well. Which is why they are trending downward on steep slope.

Edit:

Cen10 has beaten their Top 250 opponents by 17, 22, 19, and 28 points.

DLS has beaten their Top 250 opponents by 14, 6, 7, and 18 points.

Just for shits and gigs, Colquitt has beaten their Top 250 opponents by 12, 34, 27, and 47.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

DLS guys right where they should be. In the excuse thread! Lol

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

20 hours ago, On2whls said:

MV, yes.  OLU has wilted in second half against good competition twice now.  I would have liked to see them beat MV though.

They should have won but missed a short fg.  Was a great game and I wouldn't say they wilted as they battled back and forth trading scores and just missed the chip shot fg.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

DLS guys right where they should be. In the excuse thread! Lol

Our “excuses” just balance out your “hater” status. Do me a favor an actually give some insight to your posts rather than just say NorCal sucks. But I do understand your bravado and position now that your recruited/transferred-up SOCal teams don’t get the shit stomped out of them by DLS on an annual basis. 

Carry on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Our “excuses” just balance out your “hater” status. Do me a favor an actually give some insight to your posts rather than just say NorCal sucks. But I do understand your bravado and position now that your recruited/transferred-up SOCal teams don’t get the shit stomped out of them by DLS on an annual basis. 

Carry on.

DLS hasn’t lost to NoCal team in 30 years. They lost to Country Country in the first ever bowl game in 06. I can go on and on but most outside of NoCal understand.

carry on in your delusional world 

8 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Considering your reasoning, are we to assume that DLS is a great team without their QB?

Hell no is the answer.

They may have been a Top 30-40 team with him. Without him, DLS may not even be Top 75.

That vaunted DLS defense is beginning to look suspect as well. Which is why they are trending downward on steep slope.

Edit:

Cen10 has beaten their Top 250 opponents by 17, 22, 19, and 28 points.

DLS has beaten their Top 250 opponents by 14, 6, 7, and 18 points.

Just for shits and gigs, Colquitt has beaten their Top 250 opponents by 12, 34, 27, and 47.

1. No. DLS takes a huge step back without Hale in there. I’m pretty sure that most teams would suffer the same fate. Yes...even Cwhoolhwip. 

2. DLS may or may not be Top 50 or without their starting QB. But it’s their STARTING QB that went down. Get a clue...hater. 

3. Their defense looks suspect because a team with 3 D1 OL and the best RB in the nation this side of IMG (certainly better than any Ga RB) had a decent night against them? In fact, DLS has faced the 3 of the top 10 RBs In the nation so far this season. Wtf has Ga done other than shit the bed in a nightly basis? Again...stop hating and get a clue already if you want to be taken seriously. You have Bestcoast in your side. That should give you a clue right there.

4. Just like a clown who doesn’t really understand football and matchups who thinks MOV is the only barometer of how good team is. Laughable.

4. We really don’t know how good Colquitt is. They haven’t beaten anyone worth a damn out side the state of GA. Their signature win was against a team that is the GA state bitch right now. 

gTFOH with your BS.

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Because they have a better offense and defense than DLS.

Do you honestly think Cen10 would barely escape a NorCal nobody by a TD?

Yeah, but what do you say about SJC barely escaping a GA. nobody ?  It's all relevant. One team has eyes on National Championship, other has eyes on being in top 15. Look  at college this past weekend.  Oaklahoma needing ot against Army, still in top 5. Vt losing to Old Dominion, still in top 25.    DLS definitly took the night off, and looked terrible, but any one who has any football acumen could see that, and that if Dela played that team again it would be at least a 5 td win.  And remember, were talking top 15, not top 5 or national championship.

37 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Yeah, but what do you say about SJC barely escaping a GA. nobody ?  It's all relevant. One team has eyes on National Championship, other has eyes on being in top 15. Look  at college this past weekend.  Oaklahoma needing ot against Army, still in top 5. Vt losing to Old Dominion, still in top 25.    DLS definitly took the night off, and looked terrible, but any one who has any football acumen could see that, and that if Dela played that team again it would be at least a 5 td win.  And remember, were talking top 15, not top 5 or national championship.

I'm glad you asked. Only beating Marietta by a TD is not a good look. They should drop in the rankings for that performance.

However, that Marietta team has played a much better schedule than Buchanan: Rome, Grayson, SJC and Good Counsel are all highly ranked teams. All were close games to boot.

I'm sorry man, but Buchanan isn't on par with Marietta. I went back and watched them play DLS and they are no better than Valdosta.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'm glad you asked. Only beating Marietta by a TD is not a good look. They should drop in the rankings for that performance.

However, that Marietta team has played a much better schedule than Buchanan: Rome, Grayson, SJC and Good Counsel are all highly ranked teams. All were close games to boot.

I'm sorry man, but Buchanan isn't on par with Marietta. I went back and watched them play DLS and they are no better than Valdosta.

I never said they were. I used the word " relevancy ", meaning comparing apples to apples.  SJC is playing for much higher stakes, so much more is expected out of them.  DLS is playing at best for top 15 status. Bar isn't as high for them. Needless to say, I was very disgusted with DELA's performance. What I'm measuring them by in my opinion, is whether this team is able to be included in the upper tier of DEla teams since 2007-2015 , ( You can for get 2008, and last two seasons of 2016 and 2017 ).  I still have questions if they will ever improve that offense enough to be considered in that group.  I guess you can say the same about colquitt, though not for the same length of time. Is this year's colquitt ready to be considered with the 2014- 2015 teams ?  That's the bar they strive to be at.