Week 6 Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

1 hour ago, Bestcoast said:

DLS hasn’t lost to NoCal team in 30 years. They lost to Country Country in the first ever bowl game in 06. I can go on and on but most outside of NoCal understand.

carry on in your delusional world 

Seriously. What the hell are you babbling about? Please, go “on and on” with whatever your point you’re attempting to make. Good grief..

4 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

I never said they were. I used the word " relevancy ", meaning comparing apples to apples.  SJC is playing for much higher stakes, so much more is expected out of them.  DLS is playing at best for top 15 status. Bar isn't as high for them. Needless to say, I was very disgusted with DELA's performance. What I'm measuring them by in my opinion, is whether this team is able to be included in the upper tier of DEla teams since 2007-2015 , ( You can for get 2008, and last two seasons of 2016 and 2017 ).  I still have questions if they will ever improve that offense enough to be considered in that group.  I guess you can say the same about colquitt, though not for the same length of time. Is this year's colquitt ready to be considered with the 2014- 2015 teams ?  That's the bar they strive to be at.

Don’t know if I agree with your analogy on sjc playing for higher stakes — DLS is already in top 10 of comp and almost certainly will be playing #1 team in country at end of year 

they shouldn’t be seriously challenged the rest of the way although will play a couole of teams in NCS that can compete if this DLS team is scuffling 

i agree with where you have this team since ‘07 — basically 9th out of last 12 teams — i agree but the 8 teams in front were all top 7 in country and the the 3 teams behind were top 25 (albeit ‘16 barely just in CP) — point being nit much of an indictment 

AND...... 

they have put themselves in position by beating a very good Folsom team at their most vulnerable and maybe catching BG down a bit but still taking care of business in the rubber march of that series to be undefeated with some bona fides themselves (their SOS was 3rd among top 25 teams at CP last week — I think dropped a bit with MD and IMG both jumping them by playing each other).  I know it’s a very tall order but it’s not as impossible as banter would suggest that they pull a miracle on ice in SBG — if they did, you’d have to move them up in DLS order based on achievement not potential — ‘10 is my favorite team but the next 5 were more talented 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Pops said:

Don’t know if I agree with your analogy on sjc playing for higher stakes — DLS is already in top 10 of comp and almost certainly will be playing #1 team in country at end of year 

they shouldn’t be seriously challenged the rest of the way although will play a couole of teams in NCS that can compete if this DLS team is scuffling 

i agree with where you have this team since ‘07 — basically 9th out of last 12 teams — i agree but the 8 teams in front were all top 7 in country and the the 3 teams behind were top 25 (albeit ‘16 barely just in CP) — point being nit much of an indictment 

AND...... 

they have put themselves in position by beating a very good Folsom team at their most vulnerable and maybe catching BG down a bit but still taking care of business in the rubber march of that series to be undefeated with some bona fides themselves (their SOS was 3rd among top 25 teams at CP last week — I think dropped a bit with MD and IMG both jumping them by playing each other).  I know it’s a very tall order but it’s not as impossible as banter would suggest that they pull a miracle on ice in SBG — if they did, you’d have to move them up in DLS order based on achievement not potential — ‘10 is my favorite team but the next 5 were more talented 

I don't think I'm underselling DLS by putting them in top 15.  That is a very lofty position.  It's their offense that concerns me and why I give SJC more consideration . Very inconsistent right now and lets teams that have no business hanging around. Good DLS teams execute and that is where I'm waiting to see if they can get there so they can compete with Bosco or MD.  They still have to beat Pitt first to even get that chance.

9 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I don't think I'm underselling DLS by putting them in top 15.  That is a very lofty position.  It's their offense that concerns me and why I give SJC more consideration . Very inconsistent right now and lets teams that have no business hanging around. Good DLS teams execute and that is where I'm waiting to see if they can get there so they can compete with Bosco or MD.  They still have to beat Pitt first to even get that chance.

35-7

4 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

You’re not underselling them by putting them at #15 even though they’re top 10 in comp — your distinction thar SJC is somehow playing for higher stakes is what I was correcting.  They’re not.  And, although I’ve been high in sjc all year, they shit the bed this weekend (for a top 5 team) and I see them more on same tier as DLS not SJB/ Md now anyway 

I said DLS will meet s couple of teams in playoffs that will be dangerousnif they’re still scuffling but they won’t be, the only games DLS has lost after this point in season since 1991 are the 5 SBG losses 

55 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

35-7

Pitt is a rivalry game. They will go into game a lot more confident than they were against Cen10.  You could see when they played cen10 they matched up very well along the lines. Cen10 skill position and coaching is where the difference was. If Dela somehow goes into game with injuries, and plays sloppy, Pitt definitely would have a chance.  Pitt should be much improved by then also. Not to be taken lightly.

1 hour ago, Pops said:

You’re not underselling them by putting them at #15 even though they’re top 10 in comp — your distinction thar SJC is somehow playing for higher stakes is what I was correcting.  They’re not.  And, although I’ve been high in sjc all year, they shit the bed this weekend (for a top 5 team) and I see them more on same tier as DLS not SJB/ Md now anyway 

I said DLS will meet s couple of teams in playoffs that will be dangerousnif they’re still scuffling but they won’t be, the only games DLS has lost after this point in season since 1991 are the 5 SBG losses 

It's to bad SJC didn't get to play IMG. That  game would have determined a lot  SJC has extreme talent on both sides of ball. They have some tough games left to play so we can see if they are legit or not.  I agree with you though, they are no National championship calibre. I only brought that up because others on here touted them as such. I definitly see weaknesses, despite the talent, on their defense. Their qb is not on the same level as Doyle was last season also in my opinion. I definitly would favor IMG, SJB, MD and even Allen ( though I haven't seen them play. Only going off of what Texas poster claims that they are better this season ).  

14 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Pitt is a rivalry game. They will go into game a lot more confident than they were against Cen10.  You could see when they played cen10 they matched up very well along the lines. Cen10 skill position and coaching is where the difference was. If Dela somehow goes into game with injuries, and plays sloppy, Pitt definitely would have a chance.  Pitt should be much improved by then also. Not to be taken lightly.

Aye yi yi...at least it's posted on the right thread! lol

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Blueliner said:

What’s a dud is SoCal Football other than your recruited up embarrassments know as MD and SJB. 

Where did that come from? That was uncalled for, after rollo and the boys up lifted the west coast and Cali Ball...guess after that comment, you feel MD only repped SoCal and not NorCali. #noted

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Where did that come from? That was uncalled for, after rollo and the boys up lifted the west coast and Cali Ball...guess after that comment, you feel MD only repped SoCal and not NorCali. #noted

That was more of a jab at Bestcoast. That said, my issues with what MD, SJB, and IMG are doing is real, but certainly not the end of the world.  I don’t get into the whole east coast vs west coast thing. Nor do I lay claim to an entire state like some dudes do.  But I do appreciate your stance on repping Cali as a whole. I didn’t mean to offend.

On 9/23/2018 at 10:24 AM, Bestcoast said:

You don’t get out much do you? Buchanan was tied with Liberty going into the 4th qt and needed 2 Liberty turnovers to win that game late in the 4th. MV was beating Liberty 21-0 after the first qt. Like they do every year. Then they put the brakes on and play subs. 

You need to stay in your NoCal bubble. You don’t have a clue

The state championships have been very competative, esp when you consider the diff in populations.  Excluding the MD and SJB all-star teams of the last few years.  

Not sure of this qualifies as a clue or not 

12 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

The state championships have been very competative, esp when you consider the diff in populations.  Excluding the MD and SJB all-star teams of the last few years.  

Not sure of this qualifies as a clue or not 

Being I am across the country, I am no expert on Cali HS football, but wouldn’t your claim be a result of the fact that SoCal has their best group of teams all playing for a spot on the D1 / Top Bowl game?  I find it hard to believe these bowl games would be very competitive if the SoCal reps in the state bowl games were MD, SJB, CC, etc. and they weren’t all fighting for the D1 spot.

• Like 2