Week 6 Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

30 minutes ago, Pops said:

And a couple of years before that an also ran that lost to the NCS #9 seed beat the Pac5 champ, who didn't even make the play-in game for the Open

Enjoy your moment in the sun, but:

1. NorCal still leads the Open series 
  2. Folsom can beat whover you're going to send to the D1AA game by 10 TDs and NorCal would prefer you guys fix your playoffs to be able to send a team that can defend themselves

Fix them as in send the loser of a section championship game to a SBG like NorCal does in multiple brackets? Or beg out of a play in game? Yeah no thanks losers shouldn’t be in SBG just because you need to save face

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pops said:

And a couple of years before that an also ran that lost to the NCS #9 seed beat the Pac5 champ, who didn't even make the play-in game for the Open

Enjoy your moment in the sun, but:

1. NorCal still leads the Open series 
  2. Folsom can beat whover you're going to send to the D1AA game by 10 TDs and NorCal would prefer you guys fix your playoffs to be able to send a team that can defend themselves

108-54

20 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Being I am across the country, I am no expert on Cali HS football, but wouldn’t your claim be a result of the fact that SoCal has their best group of teams all playing for a spot on the D1 / Top Bowl game?  I find it hard to believe these bowl games would be very competitive if the SoCal reps in the state bowl games were MD, SJB, CC, etc. and they weren’t all fighting for the D1 spot.

That does suck for SoCal and it has to have some affect but I was mainly trying to point out that, outside of the 2 top teams- SJB, MD, that NorCal has been competitive with SoCal.  Esp with the addition of all the games now played, 13 I think.  Until the Folsom rule the north left one of their best at home as well.  I get your point though and it would be nice if SJB and MD could play for a championship with the winner getting the big game and that would of course be just 1 more game that would favor SoCal. 

I just get tired of the trashing of NorCal as terrible, esp by someone from Cali, when outside of the top 2 teams- the state games have been competitive.

And I am certainly no 'expert' in Cali HS football as I don't live there anymore but I know enough to say that just bc a team resides in NorCal doesn't mean they automatically suck at football.  I have to add also that the sections governing the northern teams seem to view transfers and athletically motivated moves much differently than do SoCal. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

So your only evidence is a "rumor" about possibly 1-2 transfers???? None of whom can even be named. 

It's rich when SoCal homer accuses a norcal team of possibly, maybe, hopefully, praying to god, 1 transfer who nobody even knows who it is. 

For as much as you hate Norcal football, why the hell are you even reading the board? 

Maybe next time, chief. 

A lot more than that. Get with the program little feller

18 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

That does suck for SoCal and it has to have some affect but I was mainly trying to point out that, outside of the 2 top teams- SJB, MD, that NorCal has been competitive with SoCal.  Esp with the addition of all the games now played, 13 I think.  Until the Folsom rule the north left one of their best at home as well.  I get your point though and it would be nice if SJB and MD could play for a championship with the winner getting the big game and that would of course be just 1 more game that would favor SoCal. 

I just get tired of the trashing of NorCal as terrible, esp by someone from Cali, when outside of the top 2 teams- the state games have been competitive.

And I am certainly no 'expert' in Cali HS football as I don't live there anymore but I know enough to say that just bc a team resides in NorCal doesn't mean they automatically suck at football.  I have to add also that the sections governing the northern teams seem to view transfers and athletically motivated moves much differently than do SoCal. 

Signed, 

@Bestcoast

spongebob.png

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

It’s not just the Top2-3 So Cal teams that are a Tier above the Nor Cal #3-5 teams

I’d put forth that it would look like this

State 1-4 So Cal

<gap>

DLS

<gap>

So Cal 5-8 + Folsom

<gap>

So Cal 9-20

<gap>

Nor Cal #3, So Cal 21-30

<gap>

Nor Cal #4, So Cal 31-35

<gap>

Nor Cal #5, So Cal 36-50

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

It’s not just the Top2-3 So Cal teams that are a Tier above the Nor Cal #3-5 teams

State 1-4 So Cal

<gap>

DLS

<gap>

So Cal 5-8 + Folsom

<gap>

So Cal 9-20

<gap>

Nor Cal #3, So Cal 21-30

<gap>

Nor Cal #4, So Cal 31-35

<gap>

Nor Cal #5, So Cal 36-50

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again. NoCal top 20 vs SoCal top 20, NoCal would be lucky to win one game.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

State 1-4 So Cal

<gap>

DLS

<gap>

So Cal 5-8 + Folsom

<gap>

So Cal 9-20

<gap>

Nor Cal #3, So Cal 21-30

<gap>

Nor Cal #4, So Cal 31-35

<gap>

Nor Cal #5, So Cal 36-50

1-4? Who's the fourth team?

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

State 1-4 So Cal

<gap>

DLS

<gap>

So Cal 5-8 + Folsom

<gap>

So Cal 9-20

<gap>

Nor Cal #3, So Cal 21-30

<gap>

Nor Cal #4, So Cal 31-35

<gap>

Nor Cal #5, So Cal 36-50

worse than awful

so bad its clear you were just trying to throw this conversation into Neverland

It actually goes like this

SJB.   MD.    

DLS.   CC.     Folsom

Who cares?

Teams that can't beat Something - Park

1 hour ago, Bestcoast said:

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again. NoCal top 20 vs SoCal top 20, NoCal would be lucky to win one game.

If you lined it up #1 to #20, SoCal would be favored in every game, but results would probably be 5-15 or something

SoCal would be favored in every game vs anyone not named TX using your format

Mix it up though and NorCal's top teams could name their score v SoCal #4 or lower

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Luckily that little bitch from southga is in this thread, so I don't have to stay and continue with MV>DLS. LOL

He doesn't believe that

That's akin to Oak Ridge > CC

Bluster intended to obfuscate

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Pops said:

If you lined it up #1 to #20, SoCal would be favored in every game, but results would probably be 5-15 or something

SoCal would be favored in every game vs anyone not named TX using your format

Mix it up though and NorCal's top teams could name their score v SoCal #4 or lower

1 vs 1

2 vs 2 

3 vs 3

4 vs 4   And so on

Nocal doesn’t win a game.

They only win in this competitive equality nonsense  cif has established

Just now, Bestcoast said:

1 vs 1

2 vs 2 

3 vs 3

4 vs 4   And so on

Nocal doesn’t win a game.

They only win in this competitive equality nonsense  cif has established

Again, the way you suggest, NorCal would be the underdog in every game, but wouldn't lose every game -- they'd be competitive in all 20 and probably go something like 5-5

SoCal has twice as many people/ teams and no one has ever denied your advantage in depth

But, at the top, NorCal has been > SoCal in SBG era until last 2 years when SoCal went nuclear w/all-star teams

And, again, using your criteria, SoCal can say the same thing to FL, GA, OH, etc so hardly embarrassing for NorCal.  I think TX's #10-20 would eat yours up to negate your superpower advantage

Just now, Pops said:

Again, the way you suggest, NorCal would be the underdog in every game, but wouldn't lose every game -- they'd be competitive in all 20 and probably go something like 5-5

SoCal has twice as many people/ teams and no one has ever denied your advantage in depth

But, at the top, NorCal has been > SoCal in SBG era until last 2 years when SoCal went nuclear w/all-star teams

And, again, using your criteria, SoCal can say the same thing to FL, GA, OH, etc so hardly embarrassing for NorCal.  I think TX's #10-20 would eat yours up to negate your superpower advantage

They would be lucky to win one. And that would be if it was played in NoCal and they got completely homered by the refs