Students ‘Packed Like Sardines’ At Coppell High

RedZone

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm taking a semester or 2 off... 

I haven't mentioned it but awhile back I stopped posting for awhile... 

I spent 2 months in the hospital with kidney failure I'm alot and I do mean alot better now but I'm looking into moving... 

Was wondering what happened to you. 

Glad you are better. 

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Wow. Continued good health brother.

Shit was scary man... 

I had been vomiting for awhile but I thought it was a stomach virus but after 2 weeks it kept happening... I couldn't eat or drink without vomiting I kept count I threw up a total of 67 times before the day I got hospitalized... 

I was on my way to work when I got to my job I threw up the Gatorade I drank and Blacked out in the parking lot and my manager saw me and called 911... 

Found out my kidneys had dropped to 3% functionality... 

I'm at 30% now but I'm gonna have to get a transplant eventually

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

With traffic lights and hall monitors as traffic cops? Lol. That's crazy huge. How many kids?

No traffic lights, at least not at Grayson.  At that time, Grayson had 3,300 or maybe 3,400.  We lost 1,000 or more when Archer opened but now we are back up there and still growing.  There's 1,000 new homes permitted and in various stages of development/construction within a 1 mile radius of Grayson High School.  The school system as a whole grows something like 3-4,000 every year.  We open new schools every year.

Welcome to our world.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In Georgia, they bring in mobile classrooms to relieve pressure on the primary buildings. Of course, these are meant to be temporary as they expand school buildings or whatever, but, a lot of times it's difficult to expand quickly enough. 

Noticed that Grayson had quite a few mobile classrooms while we were there for the game Friday. 

I remember that shit back in the day over at Northside Warner Robins when they rolled in about 5 of them for classes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fred said:

No traffic lights, at least not at Grayson.  At that time, Grayson had 3,300 or maybe 3,400.  We lost 1,000 or more when Archer opened but now we are back up there and still growing.  There's 1,000 new homes permitted and in various stages of development/construction within a 1 mile radius of Grayson High School.  The school system as a whole grows something like 3-4,000 every year.  We open new schools every year.

Welcome to our world.

in 2005/2006 time frame while doing some contracting work w/ Ahlberg Eng on some projects. I read somewhere in their office that there were approx 500 people per week moving into the Gwinnett and surrounding counties area.  This was specifically mentioned for the area where 400 hits the loop as well.

12 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

I remember that shit back in the day over at Northside Warner Robins when they rolled in about 5 of them for classes.

I don't recall Colquitt County High School ever having to use the modulars, but they may have at some point. 

Mainly the elementary schools here have been the ones needing modulars. Certain neighborhoods or subdivisions can expand quickly and overload the elementary school designated for that area. I remember the middle school having some at one time as well. Seems like the high school planning has always been enough ahead of the curve on that to not have needed them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Shit was scary man... 

I had been vomiting for awhile but I thought it was a stomach virus but after 2 weeks it kept happening... I couldn't eat or drink without vomiting I kept count I threw up a total of 67 times before the day I got hospitalized... 

I was on my way to work when I got to my job I threw up the Gatorade I drank and Blacked out in the parking lot and my manager saw me and called 911... 

Found out my kidneys had dropped to 3% functionality... 

I'm at 30% now but I'm gonna have to get a transplant eventually

Wow, that's scary bro.  Do they know what caused the kidney failure?  Praying for you brother. 

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I have  a disease... 

And it took it's toll...

I had to do Dialysis for awhile 

Sorry to hear that.  I have had friends go through Dialysis.  Good luck brother and take good care of yourself.  I recommend leaving ga.  I hear the air and water in that state is the worst for you.  

21 hours ago, Fred said:

You are a broken record that everyone has gotten tired of.  Too bad Birmingham lost the competition to be the premier city of the south.  Gwinnett has 4.5 times the population of Birmingham and continues to grow.  Heck, Metro Atlanta has a larger population than the entire state of Alabama.  I guess that means way more people find Gwinnett attractive than Birmingham and Hoover. {snicker}  Here is a really funny statistic - The Gwinnett County School system with combined students and employees is within 15,000 people of the entire population of Birmingham.  Clearly we are doing something right.

I wish more people from Hoover would move out. We got all we need. 

Talking about people just loving Gwinnett County. This is what that type of growth creates crime, drugs, traffic and steals what you grew up with.  Land turned into strip malls old farms are now the sites of concrete and asphalt etc.  

Hoover is to big for me now.

Gwinnett BOE should have known and looked ahead and saw the growth coming and built bigger schools.

One time people were moving to  California and now LA and San Francisco imo would be like living in Hell.

You gonna tell me you did like  Gwinnett County better in the 1980's than now?

I'd rather live in a place  if I wanted to take a leak in the front yard , shoot a gun, burn off leaves/brush, have dogs that run loose instead of this modern urban concrete world that Is everywhere.

16 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I'd rather live in a place  if I wanted to take a leak in the front yard , shoot a gun, burn off leaves/brush, have dogs that run loose instead of this modern urban concrete world that Is everywhere.

Lol 😝 must suck to be ur neighbor 

why don’t you move where you don’t need a gun, or has the DPW that picks up ur Grass and leaves 

On 9/26/2018 at 8:34 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Gwinnett BOE should have known and looked ahead and saw the growth coming and built bigger schools.

So the BOE should have foreseen the county growing by over 800,00 people in 40 years?  Yea, right.  Oh by the way, with 140 schools (many built in the past 20 years) Gwinnett carries very little bond debt and has the highest bond ratings from all the bond agencies.  Why?  Because we have put our money where our students are and with ESPLOST taxes have paid for most of the building with short term construction loans.  While we are no longer the faster growing county in the nation by percentage we still add massive numbers of people each year.  The BOE has identified and purchased lands for future schools.  When new schools are built they *are* built for future growth.  Archer for example opened with about 1,500 students but was built for over 2,500.

You really should just quit trying to rag on Gwinnett.  All it does is backfire on you.

7 hours ago, Fred said:

So the BOE should have foreseen the county growing by over 800,00 people in 40 years?  Yea, right.  Oh by the way, with 140 schools (many built in the past 20 years) Gwinnett carries very little bond debt and has the highest bond ratings from all the bond agencies.  Why?  Because we have put our money where our students are and with ESPLOST taxes have paid for most of the building with short term construction loans.  While we are no longer the faster growing county in the nation by percentage we still add massive numbers of people each year.  The BOE has identified and purchased lands for future schools.  When new schools are built they *are* built for future growth.  Archer for example opened with about 1,500 students but was built for over 2,500.

You really should just quit trying to rag on Gwinnett.  All it does is backfire on you.

He doesn’t care about any of that

@HooverOutlaw just wants to Shoot guns and whip is dick out on the front lawn 

...maybe he’s jealous on Gwinnett having indoor Plumbing