Students ‘Packed Like Sardines’ At Coppell High

RedZone

In Georgia, they bring in mobile classrooms to relieve pressure on the primary buildings. Of course, these are meant to be temporary as they expand school buildings or whatever, but, a lot of times it's difficult to expand quickly enough. 

Noticed that Grayson had quite a few mobile classrooms while we were there for the game Friday. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In Georgia, they bring in mobile classrooms to relieve pressure on the primary buildings. Of course, these are meant to be temporary as they expand school buildings or whatever, but, a lot of times it's difficult to expand quickly enough. 

Noticed that Grayson had quite a few mobile classrooms while we were there for the game Friday. 

Similar as Collins Hill. The trailers are modulars used at every school that I know of in Gwinnett. 

We had more kids (3800) at the time of my graduation in 2011 and it was never packed like that. Coppell must have a very small campus 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That's about half of what we had before Archer opened.  There were over 50 trailers on campus then.  The ones you saw are supposed to go away when the classroom addition is finished but I doubt it.  I don't know which way you came in or how much you may have driven around but there are well over a 1,000 new homes already permitted and in various stages of development/construction within a 1 mile radius of Grayson High School.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Similar as Collins Hill. The trailers are modulars used at every school that I know of in Gwinnett. 

We had more kids (3800) at the time of my graduation in 2011 and it was never packed like that. Coppell must have a very small campus 

When my daughter was at Grayson  The major hallways were one way in opposite directions between classes.  You had to go "around the block" to get to some classes.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Those are for the uhaul football players family until the end of football season then they move back to their home town. Kinda like snowbirds at the beach come March they are back up north.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In Buford we build schools, no portables. 

Because we are the bestest. 

‘Nuff said. 

BGW

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Those are for the uhaul football players family until the end of football season then they move back to their home town. Kinda like snowbirds at the beach come March they are back up north.

Because Bombingham is not very attractive to folks who think incest and lack of dentists is disgusting. 

Happy to help,

BGW

• Haha 1

Most large GA schools have them... 

The largest HS's in  the state:

Mill Creek-  over 4,000

Archer

Grayson

Lowndes

North Gwinnett

Norcross

Roswell

Mceachern 

Camden

Colquitt

Obviously most Gwinnett schools are hitting 3000 or higher... 

@Fred exactly how far out is Mill Creek? 

I was in Duluth and Suwanee last week figured the MC community was close by... Guess I was wrong 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Most large GA schools have them... 

The largest HS's in  the state:

Mill Creek-  over 4,000

Archer

Grayson

Lowndes

North Gwinnett

Norcross

Roswell

Mceachern 

Camden

Colquitt

Obviously most Gwinnett schools are hitting 3000 or higher... 

@Fred exactly how far out is Mill Creek? 

I was in Duluth and Suwanee last week figured the MC community was close by... Guess I was wrong

Actually I think Norcross has/had more than Mill Creek this year or last.  Don't remember for sure.  Mill Creek is on up there.  It is past Hamilton Mill.  If you were at Suwanee you were at least 10 miles away.

I'm taking a semester or 2 off... 

I haven't mentioned it but awhile back I stopped posting for awhile... 

I spent 2 months in the hospital with kidney failure I'm alot and I do mean alot better now but I'm looking into moving... 

8 minutes ago, Fred said:

Actually I think Norcross has/had more than Mill Creek this year or last.  Don't remember for sure.  Mill Creek is on up there.  It is past Hamilton Mill.  If you were at Suwanee you were at least 10 miles away.

3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You are a broken record that everyone has gotten tired of.  Too bad Birmingham lost the competition to be the premier city of the south.  Gwinnett has 4.5 times the population of Birmingham and continues to grow.  Heck, Metro Atlanta has a larger population than the entire state of Alabama.  I guess that means way more people find Gwinnett attractive than Birmingham and Hoover. {snicker}  Here is a really funny statistic - The Gwinnett County School system with combined students and employees is within 15,000 people of the entire population of Birmingham.  Clearly we are doing something right.