MaxPreps top 50 all time best hsfb teams

golfaddict1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That's the trophy more or less. 

It's a National Guardsman because it's awarded by the National Guard. A couple of Guardsmen and a MaxPreps rep comes and recognize the team and award the trophy. 

I guess I'm to assume that you don't like it or whatever?

ok, makes sense now

it's a recruiting tool, my tax dollars

Not like or dislike, puzzled. You solved the riddle. 

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I can't wait to Sammy gets here and break this down in Tiers.  😁 Dammit we know Texas will be Tier 2 because 1927 Waco didn't travel to play 1940 Massillon.  Damn Texas didn't even travel back then how do we know if they are really good.  😖😲😲😲

Did CA even play football or have a team then?😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Depends on the viewpoint. USAT doesn't matter one little iota to me. I know the poll is trash. It's why I never get it when you say it's the only poll that matters. Idgaf about that poll. 

To me, the crown jewel is the PrepNation poll. It seems to be the most on a level poll through the years. Not any real wtf's in there or whatever and a long running and respected in the right circles poll. 

I don't really care what other people that only read the USAT paper think. There is a good chance they are mostly all dumb asses anyway. There are a lot of those in the world today in case you didn't notice on your own. xD

As far as national stuff goes... If we are going by cool ass trophies, I like the MaxPreps Tour of Champions trophies. They look pretty cool to me. I'd like to see Colquitt with four or five more of those in the trophy case. Well, really even more but, hell, just shooting for the near future right now. 

Just like this list... It's a cool list of great teams, but, it's trash. The concept is trash too. Idc though. It's a cool list and makes you think about some of those teams from the past. 

That's the one I like best too, for whatever that's worth.

And on an aside (maybe it's an aside), PN is in the no. 1 spot in the Expert Pick 'Em.

And he (they? I don't know whether he's got a team behind him) had DLS as high as 7 one week, but then dropped them to 13 the next, even though they won, which I like, because a lot of pollsters seem to be too afraid to drop teams unless they lose, I'm guessing because they think it suggests that they got the previous week's rankings wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

ok, makes sense now

it's a recruiting tool, my tax dollars

Not like or dislike, puzzled. You solved the riddle. 

I suppose you could consider it a recruiting tool. It's sponsored by the Guard in part. 

For the kids it's cool to have military personnel come and recognize you for the obvious sacrifice that it takes to earn a ranking like that. Well, at least back when it involved a sacrifice to earn it.  These days all it takes is to move to a certain school, go to some camps and get some stars posted with your name. Boom! Some person comes and gives you a trophy. xD

Here... This one is for Hardhit since he mentioned trophy wives... Let's kill two bird with one stone. This gives a better idea of the size of the trophy. 

Image result for maxpreps tour of champions trophy

6 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Did CA even play football or have a team then?😆

I think historically, OH would crush CA. 

I'm not even sure CA was part of the Union when OH teams were winning the MNC.

Football used to be about being able to move the ball in the driven snow, that is, when it really counted.

Now it's all about the goddamn forward pass on green grass with the sun on your face. 

That fucking thing ruined the game, IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

That's the one I like best too, for whatever that's worth.

And on an aside (maybe it's an aside), PN is in the no. 1 spot in the Expert Pick 'Em.

And he (they? I don't know whether he's got a team behind him) had DLS as high as 7 one week, but then dropped them to 13 the next, even though they won, which I like, because a lot of pollsters seem to be too afraid to drop teams unless they lose, I'm guessing because they think it suggests that they got the previous week's rankings wrong.

Well, not necessarily. It could mean that you just have more information on the teams around them as well. But, yes, it's an admirable trait to be "ballsy" enough to drop a team without them losing... As long as it isn't Colquitt anyway. At that point your poll sucks and I hate it! 

xD

I joke about that latter of course. I definitely like his poll the best, regardless of where he ranks my team. I'm disappointed we didn't get that one in '15. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I suppose you could consider it a recruiting tool.

I can grantee it's listed under marketing on the ledger. 

But yeah, all good. 

I still don't get the guy with the gun but it's an awesome trophy and the delivery girl is beautiful. 

Heck, I might join the reserves if that is what the women look like there. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I can't wait till Sammy gets here and break this down in Tiers.  😁 Dammit we know Texas will be Tier 2 because 1927 Waco didn't travel to play 1940 Massillon.  Damn Texas didn't even travel back then how do we know if they are really good.  😲

Actually most GA vs TX games where played in the 20s and 30s... 

I've seen 3 and 2 where played in GA and 1 in TX...

13 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I think historically, OH would crush CA. 

I'm not even sure CA was part of the Union when OH teams were winning the MNC.

Football used to be about being able to move the ball in the driven snow, that is, when it really counted.

Now it's all about the goddamn forward pass on green grass with the sun on your face. 

That fucking thing ruined the game, IMO. 

exactly

when was the last time you saw a lineman eat rusted nails

plus it seems they all read and write now days.... freakin liberals!

• Haha 1

Just now, noonereal said:

I can grantee it's listed under marketing on the ledger. 

But yeah, all good. 

I still don't get the guy with the gun but it's an awesome trophy and the delivery girl is beautiful. 

Heck, I might join the reserves if that is what the women look like there. 

It's the Concord Minute Man. I guess the first ever "national guardsman" so-to-speak. 

But. yeah, I can dig any recognition given to teams that have earned recognition by being tops in the country like the top 25. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I joke about that latter of course. I definitely like his poll the best, regardless of where he ranks my team. I'm disappointed we didn't get that one in '15. 

Those are the hardest ones, when you get close, but they don't give it to you.

I wanted 2013 SJB to get more MNC nods, because DLS kept it within 6, and forced Rosen and the Braves to go 3-and-out late in the 4Q, and were driving like little cogs in the green machine for the winning TD, when a screen pass got tipped and intercepted somewhere around SJB's 25. 

I wanted some at that SJB shine to pass down to the Spartans, but most of the polls went with BTW, if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's the Concord Minute Man. I guess the first ever "national guardsman" so-to-speak. 

But. yeah, I can dig any recognition given to teams that have earned recognition by being tops in the country like the top 25. 

I missed our 7-8 guys like that

maybe when I buy a team shirt I will look for them or buy s team shirt

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Oh shit! I know that guy!!! i had a fist fight with him when I was in college!

I was walking by and he poked me with his gun. I was pullin' a Kavanaugh that night. ;)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

You have seen what? 

Or heard? 

Did you grad yet?

You forget we have a Historian site that keeps record of every single GA HSFB game played in it OOS... 

Never said I've seen the games but it's shown what teams played,Where and who and date... 

And of the 3 GA vs TX games I've seen 2 where played in Atlanta and 1 @ John Tyler in TX... 

4 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Damn dude get through it

i thought you were within 2 years?

I'm done with Core... 

And even then Mass Communication is gonna take awhile... 

Especially for what I wanna do and then it's gonna take even longer... 

And for health reasons I had to take this semester and next semester off... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm done with Core... 

And even then Mass Communication is gonna take awhile... 

Especially for what I wanna do and then it's gonna take even longer... 

And for health reasons I had to take this semester and next semester off... 

Ok then not a sprint 

life is a marathon so plug along 

you will do fine

14 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

1 of them was a Public vs Public 

Decatur(GA) @ John Tyler(TX) 

JT won 21-0 

2nd one Private vs Public

Marist(Atlanta,GA) vs Port Arthur(Houston,TX)(Georgia Tech stadium)

Marist won 28-0 

And I gotta go back and look at the 3rd one but I know it was Marist vs some other TX team... 

bEast Texas was even kicking butt back then 🤣