MaxPreps top 50 all time best hsfb teams

golfaddict1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

No promises... A good 60% chance I probably won't make it to the game this year... I'm hunting for a place to move. 

You gotta make it. If you don't the cannon will break and the dancing devil will slip down on the north hill and the band's reeds won't vibrate and the concession stands won't concess. Well, you get the idea. 

• Like 1

This is a Bogus Poll for Texas.  This poll does not include any African American Teams prior to integration.  Yet mentions its affect on their rankings.  From 1948 - 1958 Dallas Washington and Austin Anderson were two of the most dominate football Teams in Texas even MLB HOF Ernie Banks played for Dallas Washington in football and in the late 60s bEast Texas Lufkin Dunbar was a beast.  It's like claiming the top 10 MLB baseball teams of all time and not including the 1929 K.C. Monarchs.  

I'm sure 1927 Waco and 1950 Abilene were great. #Norespect for PVIL 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There is no good reason or way to argue with a list like this. It's strictly someone's opinion with no real way to compare teams from the 20's to teams from the 2000's.

I never understand why people take lists like these seriously. I mean, for all we know the author could be a regular member of this board. His opinion should be treated no differently than @Omaha Vol 's no nonsense top 50, @Sammyswordsman 's tiers or @whiteshoes 's top 100. It's just somebody's opinion. It may not even be his opinion, but rather the result of too many red bull's during one long night of research and crunching numbers with nothing else to do.

The only real difference is, at least Omaha, Sammy and whitehsoes have possibly seen many of the teams they're ranking whereas this dude is just compiling stats and info from the past. I doubt he ever saw more than half the teams he listed.

That would be akin to any of us ranking the top 50 music artists of all-time while never having seen most of the acts perform and basing it upon record sales, concert attendance, you tube video views, MTV and radio station switchboard requests, revenue, etc.

In other words, a complete waste of time and total click bait (which seems to have worked).

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This is a Bogus Poll for Texas.

Hence why I just stated above that it's a complete waste of time and click bait. If that poll was authored and posted on this site by a member, it would be treated differently than it being on a website like Maxpreps. Which makes little sense to me since most knowledgeable HS football minds --  of which this site has many -- know not to take Maxpreps seriously. As much crap as Calpreps gets around these parts, I can't believe anybody pays any serious attention to Maxpreps -- at least when it comes to rankings such as this.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Hence why I just stated above that it's a complete waste of time and click bait. If that poll was authored and posted on this site by a member, it would be treated differently than it being on a website like Maxpreps. Which makes little sense to me since most knowledgeable HS football minds --  of which this site has many -- know not to take Maxpreps seriously. As much crap as Calpreps gets around these parts, I can't believe anybody pays any serious attention to Maxpreps -- at least when it comes to rankings such as this.

Yeah you would figure a HS league in Texas that produced Mean Joe Greene, Gene Upshaw, Bubba Smith, Kenny Houston, Robert Newhouse, Jo Washingtom, Homer Jones,  Dick Night Train Lane, Emmitt Thomas, Ernie Banks many HOF players and many more could have played with the mighty kids of 1950 Abilene.  Just look in the HOF for proof the PVIL was Desoto,  Dville, Cedar Hill, NS, Yates, Westfield and Black bEast Texas types in one league.

Now imagine that talent.  Yet not one team mentioned.  Polls are stupid

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I can't wait till Sammy gets here and break this down in Tiers.  😁 Dammit we know Texas will be Tier 2 because 1927 Waco didn't travel to play 1940 Massillon.  Damn Texas didn't even travel back then how do we know if they are really good.  😲

1927 Waco would be Tier 6 because thats my gut feeling, which is the most important metric.  LOL

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

I never understand why people take lists like these seriously. I mean, for all we know the author could be a regular member of this board. His opinion should be treated no differently than @Omaha Vol 's no nonsense top 50, @Sammyswordsman 's tiers or @whiteshoes 's top 100. It's just somebody's opinion. It may not even be his opinion, but rather the result of too many red bull's during one long night of research and crunching numbers with nothing else to do.

[...]

Uh, one of those polls is not like the others -- that is, two of those polls are to be taken seriously and the other isn't.

But I'm too nice to say which. 

And given that this sort of thing is a hobbyhorse of yours, when did opinions become the sort of thing that we just dismiss?

Or maybe I'm missing your point. 

14 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yeah you would figure a HS league in Texas that produced Mean Joe Greene, Gene Upshaw, Bubba Smith, Kenny Houston, Robert Newhouse, Jo Washingtom, Homer Jones,  Ernie Banks many HOF players and many more could have played with the mighty kids of 1950 Abilene.  Just look in the HOF for proof the PVIL was Desoto,  Dville, Cedar Hill, NS, Yates, Westfield and Black bEast Texas types in one league.

Now imagine that talent

I was wondering which HSFB program would have the best all-time roster. 

There was a time when LBP had produced more NFL players than any other school. Maybe that's still true. 

The recent privates like STA and IMG may have pretty good rosters, but they're pretty new.

Is there one TX school that comes to mind that could field 22 killers? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Uh, one of those polls is not like the others -- that is, two of those polls are to be taken seriously and the other isn't.

But I'm too nice to say which. 

And given that this sort of thing is a hobbyhorse of yours, when did opinions become the sort of thing that we just dismiss?

Or maybe I'm missing your point. 

Youre actually not nice.  Just Butthurt 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

There was a time when LBP had produced more NFL players than any other school. Maybe that's still true. 

The recent privates like STA and IMG may have pretty good rosters, but they're pretty new.

Of all time great question.  South Oak Cliff without a doubt and @SOCIntellectualProperty would agree.

Then Carter, Desoto, Longview,  Galveston Ball, Allen and John Tyler

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

If you asked me for a Region bEast Texas over all of Texas including DFW and GHA.  Any player they produced I can name a bEast Texas kid just as good and more likely better at each position.  Well here are a couple examples. bEast Texas is about physical football with tough running backs.   Newton is that model as is Longview today.   Legacy 

7 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

4 DLS teams!

LOL!

3 of them didn't even play OOS!

So we can't even know how good they were! 

Because we can't know how good a team is until it plays another team from across a very specific political line of demarcation!

Because of magic!

The SBG Championships prove that there would never have been a 150 winning streak, with the 5 losses. But the 296 NorCal baby harp seal tomato can slap dick record would still be intact