FL,TX,CA

GrecoRoman

I think it sucks how the college teams in these states are so down due to losing so many players.  It wasn't long ago where you could look at the top 3 teams from each state and they were lined with the best in state players and they kicked ass.  The bottom line is when you look at the Pac  12 rosters its completely filled with CA kids, Big 12 TX kids and tons of FL guys throughout the SEC & ACC.  

I get it's par for the course - but these schools used to do a much better job keeping a huge chunk of the talent home.  

10 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I think it sucks how the college teams in these states are so down due to losing so many players.  It wasn't long ago where you could look at the top 3 teams from each state and they were lined with the best in state players and they kicked ass.  The bottom line is when you look at the Pac  12 rosters its completely filled with CA kids, Big 12 TX kids and tons of FL guys throughout the SEC & ACC.  

I get it's par for the course - but these schools used to do a much better job keeping a huge chunk of the talent home.  

Stop it.

• Haha 5

Just now, nptb17 said:

Not because they can't keep their talent instate.

I don't know - looked at a Big 12 roster lately?  I'll bet TX makes up 70% of the Ok schools alone and they have a good chunk of guys on most of the other teams. 

A list over the last 5-10 years of top players who left these states and made major impacts elsewhere is big  (especially FL)

Look at the Oregon schools, Washington schools, AZ schools etc in the Pac 12 - CA will have a huge percentage of players on those squads

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I don't know - looked at a Big 12 roster lately?  I'll bet TX makes up 70% of the Ok schools alone and they have a good chunk of guys on most of the other teams. 

A list over the last 5-10 years of top players who left these states and made major impacts elsewhere is big  (especially FL)

Look at the Oregon schools, Washington schools, AZ schools etc in the Pac 12 - CA will have a huge percentage of players on those squads

How long have you been watching football?  You do know that what you are saying has always been the case.  All of the Texas schools still fill their rosters out with players from Texas and don't really lose out on big time talent. 

UCLA hasn't been a threat since ever.  USC is struggling because the NCAA kicked them in the nuts.  Stanford has stepped up but they rely on talent from all over the globe.  

Florida is doing a good job of maintaining imo.  USF and UCF are show casing the 3 star players from Florida that are real football players and not camp warriors.  FSU is in a whole right now but they were a power just 3 years ago.  Miami is on the up swing and UF will be soon.

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

How long have you been watching football?  You do know that what you are saying has always been the case.  All of the Texas schools still fill their rosters out with players from Texas and don't really lose out on big time talent. 

UCLA hasn't been a threat since ever.  USC is struggling because the NCAA kicked them in the nuts.  Stanford has stepped up but they rely on talent from all over the globe.  

Florida is doing a good job of maintaining imo.  USF and UCF are show casing the 3 star players from Florida that are real football players and not camp warriors.  FSU is in a whole right now but they were a power just 3 years ago.  Miami is on the up swing and UF will be soon.

I hear you that its always been the case but my point is these teams are down more than I've seen in my time and  in my opinion players leaving has gotten worse in  recent years.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

You're right but that doesn't even touch the tip of the iceberg - the  list I've seen with FL is insane.  

Florida didn't lose Lamar Jackson.  The Florida schools slow played him.  Bosa's were always going to OSU.  And Bama is Bama right now.  Kids go where they know they can get to the next level.  OSU and Bama are going to be pumping out pro's for a long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

You serious?  

Baker Mayfield Heisman Okla,  Previous Ohio State QB JT Barrett,  Alabama NC QB Jalen Hurts.  Starting LB and RB for the OSU right now of course he wants you to stop it.  How many Ohio Kids are on Texas or Florida rosters? 

It is a fact that FL, TX CA and Now GA stock their own States and yet allow about 15 other States the opportunity to have good Programs with kids from those 4 States in mass on their rosters.  Like you will never find 10 kids from Ohio on a roster from any of those 4 States. 😎

Lets look at Ohio State right now.  They have 11 Texas Kids and 6 Florida Kids. 

J.K Dobbins Rb Texas Starter  Baron Browning LB Texas Starter

That's top notch kids just off the top of my head.  Tell me they would not make a difference at a School in State.  And there are a boatload more talent.  

Kyler Murray Allen Texas @ OU

Jarrett Stidham Stephenville @ Auburn

Jalen Hurts @ Bama

Funny  Ga. Kid's  Cam Newton & Watson win  the Heisman not on a Ga. School

Funny Fl Kid Jackson does the same away from Fl

Funny Tx Kid Baker Mayfield does the same.   Also 3 of Alabama's NC were with Tx kids starting McElroy and Hurts. 

I will await the OH kid that does the same on one of the Big 4 or anywhere for that matter.  🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2018/2/8/16989252/texas-recruiting-2018

Unlike most other states, Texas teams can win at a championship level by basically only recruiting locally.

It’s that way in Florida, California, and now Georgia as well. But not so much in Ohio or Louisiana; Ohio State just signed the sixth-best recruiting class in history while only signing five players from the Buckeye State.

But if Texas schools replicate this cycle’s performance, big fish from out of state will continue to lose battles in the Lone Star State. That keeps local coaches on both sides of the high school/college divide happy.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

The Big 3 states of football recruiting is actually now the Big 4

And Georgia’s arrival in the top tier isn’t much of a surprise.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2018/8/10/17658298/college-football-recruiting-georgia-california-texas-florida-top-states

This article has revealing information about the State of Ohio as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Baker Mayfield Heisman Okla,  Previous Ohio State QB JT Barrett,  Alabama NC QB Jalen Hurts.  Starting LB and RB for the OSU right now of course he wants you to stop it.  How many Ohio Kids are on Texas or Florida rosters? 

It is a fact that FL, TX CA and Now GA stock their own States and yet allow about 15 other States the opportunity to have good Programs with kids from those 4 States in mass on their rosters.  Like you will never find 10 kids from Ohio on a roster from any of those 4 States. 😎

Lets look at Ohio State right now.  They have 11 Texas Kids and 6 Florida Kids. 

J.K Dobbins Rb Texas Starter  Baron Browning LB Texas Starter

That's top notch kids just off the top of my head.  Tell me they would not make a difference at a School in State.  And there are a boatload more talent.  

Kyler Murray Allen Texas @ OU

Jarrett Stidham Stephenville @ Auburn

Jalen Hurts @ Bama

Funny  Ga. Kid's  Cam Newton & Watson win  the Heisman not on a Ga. School

Funny Fl Kid Jackson does the same away from Fl

Funny Tx Kid Baker Mayfield does the same.   Also 3 of Alabama's NC were with Tx kids starting McElroy and Hurts. 

I will await the OH kid that does the same on one of the Big 4 or anywhere for that matter.  🤣

Who was the qb on OSU's last national championship team?  So OSU has 2 kids starting from Texas and now they depend on TX to fill their squad.  When folks talk about the OSU defense Baron Browning's name never comes up.  How many kids in the last 2 has OSU sent to the league from Ohio?  I don't like OSU by the way.  Why did UT get whipped in Maryland with all the Texas talent?  And I hope you realize the best back in he Big 12 is from Ohio.  Are you saying that OSU couldn't compete with a squad of just Ohio kids?

Jalen Hurts no longer starts for Alabama because Texas HF football didn't help him get better than a kid from Hawaii.  Let that sink in for a little bit.  

Jared Stidham at Auburn was beaten by Joe Burrow of LSU who is from Ohio and had himself a day today.  

4 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Who was the qb on OSU's last national championship team?  So OSU has 2 kids starting from Texas and now they depend on TX to fill their squad.  When folks talk about the OSU defense Baron Browning's name never comes up.  How many kids in the last 2 has OSU sent to the league from Ohio?  I don't like OSU by the way.  Why did UT get whipped in Maryland with all the Texas talent?  And I hope you realize the best back in he Big 12 is from Ohio.  Are you saying that OSU couldn't compete with a squad of just Ohio kids?

Jalen Hurts no longer starts for Alabama because Texas HF football didn't help him get better than a kid from Hawaii.  Let that sink in for a little bit.  

Jared Stidham at Auburn was beaten by Joe Burrow of LSU who is from Ohio and had himself a day today.  

This is a flippant statement.  That “kid from Hawaii” is arguably the best QB in college and a potential heisman candidate.  There’s nothing to “sink in” 

5 hours ago, nptb17 said:

There is some really bogus information in this thread, but it's like I'm past the point of caring..