Centennial Corona Huskies vs Corona Panthers

NotBigdaddybloom

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Explain to me again how Cen10 is in a league with teams that aren't even in their class... In more ways than one... 

Cen10 is D1/pac-5 

And then everyone else is D4,D6,D8,D13(Jesus Christ.... 13 Divisions Even for Cali that's ridiculous)  

I can't even begin to describe how Stupid that is... It's not even your average everyday stupid it's pants on head stupid.... 

That's like putting Rome a 5A school in the same region/conference as Cartersville 4A and Colquitt 7A. 

It makes no sense... 

There aren't any other schools in the vicinity that would be any better.  Also, in most Southern Section leagues, the schools are in the same league for all sports.

It's a similar situation with Long Beach Poly... all of the other LB schools are terrible in football.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Explain to me again how Cen10 is in a league with teams that aren't even in their class... In more ways than one... 

Cen10 is D1/pac-5 

And then everyone else is D4,D6,D8,D13(Jesus Christ.... 13 Divisions Even for Cali that's ridiculous)  

I can't even begin to describe how Stupid that is... It's not even your average everyday stupid it's pants on head stupid.... 

That's like putting Rome a 5A school in the same region/conference as Cartersville 4A and Colquitt 7A. 

It makes no sense... 

Playoff divisions are based on competitive equity so no matter what league you are in your playoff division is based on how well you’ve done the previous two years

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pops said:

Who should they kick out 

He's suggesting  an "Add In Clause". No deductions. More region games is the net effect. Probably more revenue from playing those two each year. Who in SoCal really wants to see another Utah team? With the Bishop starting to look like they did on their first trip to Texas( seems few around here remember that Nocrossing),  After awhile, punking your little brother becomes a bore.

But if some team must be dismissed, why not the Edict of Worms boys? Or whoever draws the least fans. Even in the Trinity League there has to be a poor stepchild

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Cen10 is stuck with the schools in there league because all but one school is in the same district as Cen10. When they change leagues in sports in Cali they look at all sports and Cen10 is only dominate in football, basketball and wresting so that’s one of the main reason why you would never see Cen10 in a different league. It would be nice to change leagues but that makes too much sense to CIF lol 

1 minute ago, SoCalFball said:

Cen10 is stuck with the schools in there league because all but one school is in the same district as Cen10. When they change leagues in sports in Cali they look at all sports and Cen10 is only dominate in football, basketball and wresting so that’s one of the main reason why you would never see Cen10 in a different league. It would be nice to change leagues but that makes too much sense to CIF lol 

You hit the mail on the head.  I just wish CIF, and the schools that would be involved make an exception(s).  

It sucks watching Cen10 dominate the less fortunate teams in their league. The games simply aren’t enjoyable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

And that is why Texas, Florida, and Georgia class schools on enrollment. Just because Benedictine, with less than 400 students, might dominate AA for a few seasons, is not a fair reason to force them to play in Colquitt's which are mostly 2250 and up. Or put Celina in with the Allen's and Katy's of the world. A private school has the advantage of bringing in any student who meets a defined set of standards, to offset the numbers differential. Counterfactual history here, but supposed DLS played only the kids in their parishes? Seriously, I find their chances to beat Poly in 2001 to come up wanting. In fact, I can see no reason for game to have been played.

On 10/3/2018 at 1:05 PM, Cal 14 said:

There aren't any other schools in the vicinity that would be any better.  Also, in most Southern Section leagues, the schools are in the same league for all sports.

It's a similar situation with Long Beach Poly... all of the other LB schools are terrible in football.

The reason for the number of redundent games could be the concentration of talent in fewer schools. You're rarely going to see another rivalry the likes of Carson-Banning, 70's, 80's passion.Not from public schools anyway And genuine top flight high school football. Neither ever had 20+ Div-1 players on the 2 deep. But would some years  have a dozen or a  more, throughout the whole roster. There wasn't any room for slackers on a Gene Volnagle or Chris Ferragamo squad.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

And that is why Texas, Florida, and Georgia class schools on enrollment. Just because Benedictine, with less than 400 students, might dominate AA for a few seasons, is not a fair reason to force them to play in Colquitt's which are mostly 2250 and up. Or put Celina in with the Allen's and Katy's of the world. A private school has the advantage of bringing in any student who meets a defined set of standards, to offset the numbers differential. Counterfactual history here, but supposed DLS played only the kids in their parishes? Seriously, I find their chances to beat Poly in 2001 to come up wanting. In fact, I can see no reason for game to have been played.

Benedictine this year isn't gonna do squat... Unless 2A is just miserable... 

And this is what bothers me about the CIF's Class/Division system... 

Let's just say GA did the same thing... 

And let's have Benedictine be our experiment team... 

Ok Benedictine is 2A and they've won the state title 2 of the last 4 years... 

Now if we did it like CA did then Benedictine would be in 7A with Colquitt as would Rome and Cartersville... 

And Ima tell you right now this year's Benedictine wouldn't stand a chance  against either of those teams.... It would be a nightmare... 

Each year is different just because Benedictine had a successful 2 year stint doesn't mean they'll have a 3rd one... 

Just because a team has a successful 1 year stint doesn't mean they'll have a 2nd one... 

We also use a 2 year system but ours is based on enrollment not athletic success... 

Because again if we did it on Athletic success we'd fall into that situation I just got through talking about... 

And Idc what anyone says Rome ain't ready for 7A and neither is Cartersville... 

Rome just got through escaping Carrollton 65-51... 

Carrollton is coached by Rush Propst former Assistant Coach.... And if the student hung half a hundred on them what do you think Colquitt and Rush would do...  With a stouter defense and more potent offense... 

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Benedictine this year isn't gonna do squat... Unless 2A is just miserable..  -----   ."Didn't say they were."

AndtDhis is what bothers me about the CIF's Class/Division system... 

Let's just say GA did the same thing..-----." I know, another soup sandwich like California"

And let's have Benedictine be our experiment team..----."Thats exactly was i was hypothesizing".

Ok Benedictine is 2A and they've won the state title 2 of the last 4 years... 

Now if we did it like CA did then Benedictine would be in 7A with Colquitt as would Rome and Cartersville... What I said

And Ima tell you right now this year's Benedictine wouldn't stand a chance  against either of those teams.... It would be a nightmare..----." Oh no. Say It ain;t so. Who woulda thunk it."

Each year is different just because Benedictine had a successful 2 year stint doesn't mean they'll have a 3rd one... 

Just because a team has a successful 1 year stint doesn't mean they'll have a 2nd one... 

We also use a 2 year system but ours is based on enrollment not athletic success... 

Because again if we did it on Athletic success we'd fall into that situation I just got through talking about... 

And Idc what anyone says Rome ain't ready for 7A and neither is Cartersville... 

Rome just got through escaping Carrollton 65-51... 

Carrollton is coached by Rush Propst former Assistant Coach.... And if the student hung half a hundred on them what do you think Colquitt and Rush would do...  With a stouter defense and more potent offense... 

What was the point of this exercise?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They don't jump multiple divisions from 2A to 5AA or  7AAA.   You only move up one div from the previous yr. 

So they could potentially move from 2A to 7AAA after 4 yrs or so.

If CA did it by enrollment numbers SJB OLU Jserra Servite would all be in different divisions and dominating the lower divisions they would be placed in..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BB bos said:

They don't jump multiple divisions from 2A to 5AA or  7AAA.   You only move up one div from the previous yr. 

So they could potentially move from 2A to 7AAA after 4 yrs or so.

If CA did it by enrollment numbers SJB OLU Jserra Servite would all be in different divisions and dominating the lower divisions they would be placed in..

Or you could regress to the Kiki Mendoza years, a normalization of the order so to speak, and  no longer a destination location. There is no reason to presuppose the current level of success post Negron will be sustained. Not too long ago, it wasn't that unusual for a Serra/Trinity League team to get boatraced by a public squad.And in Bosco's case, a half ass Florida team with zero tradition. Mater Dei will be fine, Servite has deep pockets. No one would be surprised for them to one up you.

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

I believe Corona Santiago is a larger school than Centennial and the Huskies clobbered them.

Is their enrollment 5 to 10 times greater than Cen10? If not , what was the point of this post? Public schools in a single A or double A classification, with 650 or less(coed) aren't competitive with schools housing 3000-4500. A very high standard deviation, or two, anywhere place I'm aware of. And definitely not in Southern California either.Santiago is holding at 4000, give or take a few, and Centennial, 3300. Not a very good analogy.

Hows this. An 80 lb little league player is giving away quite a lot when lined up against a kid 120 lbs. He's 33.3% smaller. On the other hand,  a  280 lb linemen can play with a 320 lb linemen, he's only 12.5 % smaller.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pops said:

I just thought that was a little dismissive of servite 

Oh come now, you know you don't like em. Ugly unis.Just kidding. Servite has a large, proud, and rather well off alumni base.And it wouldn't surprise too many people if Servite gets tired of 3rd or 4th place, and decides to quit thanking teams for kicking their rear ends. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JCGIII said:

Oh come now, you know you don't like em. Ugly unis.Just kidding. Servite has a large, proud, and rather well off alumni base.And it wouldn't surprise too many people if Servite gets tired of 3rd or 4th place, and decides to quit thanking teams for kicking their rear ends. 

That movie is in production.  It's called 2020

• Thanks 1