The No Nonsense Top 100

Omaha Vol

8 hours ago, RedZone said:

Ohio has been on the decline for 4 or 5 years now...

Example.

Scott County, KY beat Moeller 10-7.....Moeller's only loss.

High School football is 85% bullshit/homersim/predetermined biases............. 15% actual football....

But then Moeller turns around and beats St. X and LaSalle (the same team that waxed Scott Co 37-7). The Scott Co loss was a fluke. 

Your last statement is spot on! 

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I wasn't being judgemenatal. Just proffering the in-state 7A comp (in a nice way because of the "bush league" fans on here) because your order is a little off compared to the comp. 

I like your poll. You obviously have a pretty good handle on the best teams this year as evidenced between the pick 'ems both the ones here and PrepForce.

I didn’t think you were being judgmental at all. You’re right there with me at the top of the Pick’em standings, so your top 10 ranking of GA teams would be very useful to me for my future polls....

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Pretty good way to look at things.  Certainly takes the stigma from a team losing a game because they scheduled up.  I like how you have Jserra ahead of the devil, and also ranked Amat.

The Trinity League is, hands down, the toughest league in the country top to bottom. JSerra could get upset by your Friars and it wouldn’t shock me. Beyond MD and SJB you never know. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

See, this is where we start to part ways on logic. 

SFA hasn't played the games, so, in spite of their obvious talent, they haven't had the same amount of "practice" against players wearing a different color. 

You do make a good point with this logic. I’m just not ready to penalize them because all of the other WCAC schools (beside SJC) were afraid to play them. 

However, you’re right about the lack of “practice”. It could definitely be a price to pay for SFA down the road. Especially, if they play in a GEICO bowl game against a quality opponent. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

But then Moeller turns around and beats St. X and LaSalle (the same team that waxed Scott Co 37-7). The Scott Co loss was a fluke. 

Your last statement is spot on! 

St. X lost to (4-3) Indy Cathedral

La Salle struggled beating 2A Lutheran North, MO 13-12

etc.........

Bottom line. It's all how one wants to spin it or wants it to be. It's the internet. When it comes to high school football there is probably NOT a right or wrong answer. :D

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I think the $64,000 question is......will La Salle beat Trinity Catholic on Oct 19th?

Inquiring minds wanna know !!!!!

Rufus>>

Depends, probably not. how good is Trinity Catholic' s Defense? La Salle's Defense can keep them in most games, but their offense really struggles against good defenses.

On 10/3/2018 at 12:25 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Yes. Anything like that. 

A hotel, apartment complex etc. All the old dorms would make a good hotel or apartments. 

The classrooms could probably be converted as well. 

The huge lobby could be a social hall or meeting/convention center type use. 

Surprised turning point hasn’t bought it

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, abbatt said:

Rufus,

Trinity Catholic is rated #21 in MO by Calpreps.

In reality...both Trinity Catholic and Lutheran North are both top 12 in MO.

I say TC beats La Salle...21-17.

You hafta be mistaken.  I've read on this very board that they're not even ranked in the Missouri Top 50.

I will say that if the Titans only score 21 points...they'll more than likely lose to La Salle.  

Rufus>>