What up Texas?

DevilDog

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

More of my Collin County Tax dollars.  I swear there is a huge keeping uo with the Johnson's complex.  The newest School.  They don't even have Seniors and will play 3A power up the road Gunter in Week #2. A food Court in the School.  Hell I might stop by for lunch 

The school and facilities are nice up there!  No wonder families are flocking to Collin county! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The school and facilities are nice up there!  No wonder families are flocking to Collin county! 

Frisco fasting growing city in America. Insane how nice that city is and its growth.  Getting a Universal Park for kids and building the most insane Golf park there as well.  It's like Top Golf on Steriods.  Smart to target kids

The U.S. Census Bureau released its Vintage 2022 data estimates for counties in a March 30 news release that also showed Collin County as the second-fastest growing county in terms of domestic migration.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Champa said:

The sports broadcasting room looks pretty neat too.

Of course this also reminds me of the huge differences is in Texas schools depending on where you live.

Yep, far different here in Wichita county.  Schools overall aren’t close to this. But folks are leaving WF, it’s not growing, stagnant economic growth/development 

2 minutes ago, Champa said:

The sports broadcasting room looks pretty neat too.

Of course this also reminds me of the huge differences is in Texas schools depending on where you live.

Hell I remember when McKinney Boyd was the Peacock of High Schools in C.C.  Now it seems an after thought.  You can drive from McKinney to Prosper to Frisco and not separate the 3 of them.   Unless you live here.  The Growth is crazy.  And if you go South its the same from McKinney to Allen.  The growth has created powerhouse Track teams here and Allen.  McKinney Bball is a power now and the football is rising.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Name 3 Schools that used to be Texas Powerhouses regardless of Class.  That you would you like to see be dominate again. My three

1. Euless Trinity

2.  Skyline

3.  Abilene

Honorable Mention: Everman

I like your 3, I’m gonna name different ones for discussions

Permian  

Ennis 

carter 

hm: stony point 

• Like 1

Trying to name some different teams too.

1. La Marque

2. Aldine

3. Jack Yates

Everyone know about La Marque. I don't think they'll ever get it back. Aldine only has one title (went to state twice, I think), but they were a powerhouse back in their day. Would love to see Yates put it back together in football. How long has it been though? The talent has always been there and still is. The school and coaching, well, let's just say they're not on the same level as a Prosper.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DevilDog said:

More of my Collin County Tax dollars.  I swear there is a huge keeping up with the Johnson's complex.  The newest School.  They don't even have Seniors and will play 3A power up the road Gunter in Week #2. A food Court in the School.  Hell I might stop by for lunch 

What class are they?

13 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Name 3 Schools that used to be Texas Powerhouses regardless of Class.  That you would you like to see be dominate again. My three

1. Euless Trinity

2.  Skyline

3.  Abilene

1. E.T. (Euless Trinity)

2. Commerce (3A)

3.  Kilgore (4A) (They keep getting bopped by Carthage or Gilmer).

4. Honorable Mention: The Sherman/Denison Rivalry.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

What class are they?

They are 5A but since no Seniors and 1st year.  They will play 3A and 4A along with some Privates.  They play Gunter, Celina, Gilmer, Anna. Palestine, Cornerstone Christian and Malvern, Ark. along with a couole more Privates in their 1st year.  Outlaw football schedule year 1 with 9 games.. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

They are 5A but since no Seniors and 1st year.  They will play 3A and 4A along with some Privates.  They play Gunter, Celina, Gilmer, Anna. Palestine, Cornerstone Christian and Malvern, Ark. along with a couole more Privates in their 1st year.  Outlaw football schedule year 1 with 9 games.. 

Wait.  I Thought District Swap was next year?  

On 8/11/2023 at 7:47 PM, DevilDog said:

1. Euless Trinity

2.  Skyline

3.  Abilene

You can forget about Skyline. They are really struggling with participation numbers. Last year team had 11 seniors on the entire roster and this year they have 14. They would have to lure SOC coach back to get that Oak Cliff talent back. DISD has invested in SOC so that is not going to happen anytime soon.

So nobody stepped up this year for out of state games besides Atascocita? That Florida team Dville is playing just got blown out. Kind of a dull year in that regard.

Looks like the Dallas Kimball player (Kyron Henderson) who brought a loaded gun on a school bus life is turning out as expected. Probably about to get put away for a few decades. You hope a kid can take a better path in life after making a bad decision. Certainly not the case here.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Champa said:

So nobody stepped up this year for out of state games besides Atascocita? That Florida team Dville is playing just got blown out. Kind of a dull year in that regard.

Looks like the Dallas Kimball player (Kyron Henderson) who brought a loaded gun on a school bus life is turning out as expected. Probably about to get put away for a few decades. You hope a kid can take a better path in life after making a bad decision. Certainly not the case here.

Yep, Texas hit a dud in the OOS dept this year.  The head scratcher is both Desoto and DV still have open dates.  They’re both only playing 9 games.  hopefully teams step up in ‘24

• Like 1