What up Texas?

DevilDog

34 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

High School Football America's top 300 HS Football teams from Texas.  Shown in order of their top 300 Ranking.  Dville ranked 8th is the highest ranked Team from Texas.  Non 6A Shown in Bold.  36 Teams from Texas.  Florida leads the way with 43 followed by Georgia with 32 and Cali with 31.   #103 Atascocita will play #47 East St. Louis

No. 8 Duncanville

No. 17 North Shore 

No. 21 DeSoto

No. 26 Westlake

No. 34 Katy

No. 36 Denton Guyer

No. 46 Southlake Carroll

No. 60 Aledo

No. 65 Vandegrift

No. 77 Westfield 

No. 81 Longview

No. 88 Prosper

No. 90 South Oak Cliff

No. 103 Atascocita

No. 106 Lake Travis

No. 136 Cibolo Steele

No. 140 Lewisville

No. 146 Arlington Martin

No. 150 Parish Episcopal 

No. 163 Dripping Springs

No. 168 The Woodland

No. 180 Brennan

No. 199 Mansfield Timberview

No. 210 North Crowley

No. 216 Cy-Fair 

No. 218 Shadow Creek

No. 221 Melissa 

No. 225 Rockwall

No. 227 Lancaster

No. 235 Carthage

No. 237 College Station

No. 239 Allen 

No. 264 Argyle

No. 267 Byron Nelson

No. 271 China Spring

No. 278 Lone Star 

🧐 interesting no Longview unless I missed them 

On 6/23/2023 at 3:10 AM, Champa said:

Kid is amazing on and off the field.

It'll be Carthage vs Silsbee in 4AD2 for the title this year since we're in prediction mode.

Texas A&M got them a good one.

Final four choices were Miami, LSU, USC, and A&M. He'll be an Aggie next season.

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

I'm not used to not seeing Ryan on this list.  Going to be that way a while until they beat Aledo.

I think they might surprise some folks. Had a spring practice for the first time in a long time.  

Henigan and his staff aren’t happy nor content how last year went. This is payback year starting with avenging the new Braunfels fiasco.  Lol

• 5 weeks later...

These numbers are unsettling.  

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2023/05/29/data-reveals-racial-imbalance-for-fbs-head-coaches-coordinators-in-texas?ref=article_preview_img

The trend trickles beyond the FBS ranks. Take away SWAC programs Texas Southern and Prairie View A&M and there are only two Black head coaches in Texas. And one of them – SAGU head coach Greg Ellis – played NFL football up the road for the Dallas Cowboys. The other is Kilgore Junior College head coach Willie Gooden. Texas is home to 47 college football programs. Only five employ a minority head coach, and two of those are HBCUs. Of the 141 possible head coaches and coordinators at those schools, fewer than 30 are Black. 

“It is hard to see the numbers and not be discouraged,” McDaniel said. “The goal is to get people to listen. Just simply look at the data and have a conversation. The numbers are one-sided and it is hard to not see it as intentional.”

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Parish Episcopal along with Aledo in Maxpreps top 100 Teams.  Miami Central, Duncanville and Buford are the only Publics in the top 10 and the top 4 are all Privates

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/vmfBn8v4AU2UZrW6CNab5Q/high-school-football-rankings-expanding-the-preseason-maxpreps-top-25-all-the-way-to-100.htm

It’s going to be a good game when PE/Aledo square up.  PE plays #36 SOC, also SC China Springs. They have a solid predistrict schedule 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

It’s going to be a good game when PE/Aledo square up.  PE plays #36 SOC, also SC China Springs. They have a solid predistrict schedule 

They will play Aledo, SOC and CS all on the rode.  Those were three hard fought games and proved the Gap within  Elite 4A and 5A is not that great.  I have been stating this for the last few years watching each in person.  We need to make one of these games.  Argyle, Melissa and Midlothian Heritage hit 5A last year and were dominate teams as they were in 4A.   P.E. beat the 5ADI Champ last year. They have SOC and C.S. back to back this year. C.S. beat 5A Melissa on the road last year.  Melissa went 4 rds losing a good game with SOC. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

They will play Aledo, SOC and CS all on the rode.  Those were three hard fought games and proved the Gap within  Elite 4A and 5A is not that great.  I have been stating ths for the last few years watching each in person.  We need to make one of these games.  Argyle, Melissa and Midlothian Heritage hit 5A last year and were dominate teams as they were in 4A.   P.E. beat the 5ADI Champ last year. They have SOC and C.S. back to back this year. C.S. beat 5A Melissa on the road last year.  Melissa went 4 rds losing a good game with SOC. 

PE n SOC is local so we should hit that one up. Probably in the same stadium SOC played DV last year 

lol we gonna have to do a dinner bet on some of these 4A/5A games, I think 5A edges out 4A. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

PE n SOC is local so we should hit that one up. Probably in the same stadium SOC played DV last year 

lol we gonna have to do a dinner bet on some of these 4A/5A games, I think 5A edges out 4A. 

I'm going to keep a ledger of 5A vs 6A the 1st 3 weeks and 4A vs. 5A.  We have a 4A vs. 6A matchup but that 6A team suck and that 4A Team beat the breaks off of them last year.  It's the only 4A vs. 6A matchup.  Yes SOC and P.E. should be one we make.  I have Melissa vs. Argyle in my Backyard in Wk# 1 in Melissa

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I'm going to keep a ledger of 5A vs 6A the 1st 3 weeks and 4A vs. 5A.  We have a 4A vs. 6A matchup but that 6A team suck and that 4A Team beat the breaks off of them last year.  It's the only 4A vs. 6A matchup.  Yes SOC and P.E. should be one we make.  I have Melissa vs. Argyle in my Backyard in Wk# 1 in Melissa

Sounds good, there will be plenty good interclass games.  Aledo and Guyer is another 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Melissa’s coming in ranked #1 preseason in 5AD2, argyle #3

Can you post the Preason Rankings 2A - 6A?  I Haven't seen them.  Haven't purchased a Dave Campbell's yet.  Melissa goes to China Spring.  I know you think 5A edges out 4A.  That game will be a helluva Barometer.  I am pretty Sure China Spring will be among the top 4ADI.  4A put a beating on several top 5A teams.  Stephenville beat Midlothian Heritage, W.F. Rider and Abilene WIley.  Matter of fact all of those were top 20 5A with Heritage top 7.  They beat WIley worse than 6A S.A. Central.  4A beat a lot of top ranked 5A last year and not including Carthage mudstomping Marshall. They need to get rid of that Series. 

18 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Can you post the Preason Rankings 2A - 6A?  I Haven't seen them.  Haven't purchased a Dave Campbell's yet.  Melissa goes to China Spring.  I know you think 5A edges out 4A.  That game will be a helluva Barometer.  I am pretty Sure China Spring will be among the top 4ADI.  4A put a beating on several top 5A teams.  Stephenville beat Midlothian Heritage, W.F. Rider and Abilene WIley.  Matter of fact all of those were top 20 5A with Heritage top 7.  They beat WIley worse than 6A S.A. Central.  4A beat a lot of top ranked 5A last year and not including Carthage mudstomping Marshall. They need to get rid of that Series. 

I have mine mailed.  I'm just not home atm.

• Like 1

Looks like they want to go with the subscription model for DCTF. Fifty bucks a year including Texan Live is what I'm hearing. I really only care for football and basketball though.

Read something interesting that DeSoto and a few other big schools may drop down to 5A next realignment.

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

IMG_1652.png

IMG_1651.png

IMG_1650.png

IMG_1649.png

IMG_1648.png

IMG_1647.png

• Thanks 2