What up Texas?

DevilDog

9 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Prosper lost too much on both sides as well as thier HC to be #14.

Guyer has lost a ton also.

This might be McKinney's year to sneak in for District.

Agree, I’d move both mckinney and Lewisville a little higher.  Mckinney last year almost knocked out SLC in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Champa said:

Looks like they want to go with the subscription model for DCTF. Fifty bucks a year including Texan Live is what I'm hearing. I really only care for football and basketball though.

Read something interesting that DeSoto and a few other big schools may drop down to 5A next realignment.

That is true, dctf posted the changes on the 6A site, here’s  the thread with article. 

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/753975-twelve-schools-who-could-change-class-division-at-uil-realignment

• Like 1

Where have all those DeSoto kids been wondering off too? I'm sure we all know where some of them went, but that doesn't account for everybody. I'm guessing more of the better off residents are sending their kids to private schools.

Interesting looking at some of those future district predictions. If North Shore, Deer Park and Atascocita all end up in the same district, that means Atascocita gets to compete in D2 for a state title, assuming Deer Park doesn't completely suck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Champa said:

Where have all those DeSoto kids been wondering off too? I'm sure we all know where some of them went, but that doesn't account for everybody. I'm guessing more of the better off residents are sending their kids to private schools.

Interesting looking at some of those future district predictions. If North Shore, Deer Park and Atascocita all end up in the same district, that means Atascocita gets to compete in D2 for a state title, assuming Deer Park doesn't completely suck.

They still have Katy in their way; and pending on what Austin is looking like, the two-red headed step children 😒

Desoto school district has been in turmoil for along time. Starting with the firing of Todd Peterman, turmoil with school superintendent, declining test score is just scratching the surface. The school board is run by idiots also. I suspect alot of those kids lived in Oak Cliff but went to school at Desoto. Even having said this they are expected a 1k drop in enrollment. Their is also a good chance that Cedar Hill drops also. The made 6A by three students the first championship game they lost to Katy.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2023 at 10:28 AM, Horsefly said:

It’s going to be a good game when PE/Aledo square up.  PE plays #36 SOC, also SC China Springs. They have a solid predistrict schedule 

Parsh is going to struggle on defense, having lost a TON on that side of the ball.  Probably see it more in the non-league games opposed to the TAPPS games, but their offense should be very good out of the gate.

3 minutes ago, pied said:

Parsh is going to struggle on defense, having lost a TON on that side of the ball.  Probably see it more in the non-league games opposed to the TAPPS games, but their offense should be very good out of the gate.

What kind of talent do they have coming up on D? 

1 hour ago, Grainraiser said:

Desoto school district has been in turmoil for along time. Starting with the firing of Todd Peterman, turmoil with school superintendent, declining test score is just scratching the surface. The school board is run by idiots also. I suspect alot of those kids lived in Oak Cliff but went to school at Desoto. Even having said this they are expected a 1k drop in enrollment. Their is also a good chance that Cedar Hill drops also. The made 6A by three students the first championship game they lost to Katy.

Do you mean like 5A numbers drop?

Are they all moving to SOC and DVille?

Pretty cool seeing those Young Brotha's recation to  Lamar Jackson.  

It's an 8-second video. But it speaks volumes about Lamar Jackson, Black QBs and dreams.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/mike-freeman/2023/08/03/lamar-jackson-kid-high-five-video-impact/70505079007/

In it, you see a young Ravens fan, that the team identified as 9-year old Mason Young, who the Ravens say plays for the Pikesville Wildcats, gets high-fived by quarterback Lamar Jackson, and then loses his mind. Kids are just so pure in their joy and you see it here. It's one of the more amazing videos of a player and fan reaction that I've ever seen. Pikesville is about 20 minutes outside of Baltimore and is one of the city's closest suburbs

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Horsefly said:

What kind of talent do they have coming up on D? 

I'm not sure at the moment, just heard they lost A LOT of the returners.  I suspect they'll be OK, but also that it may take some time, and their early schedule is loaded and tough.

• Thanks 1