Hurricane Michael

Colquitt County

I just got enough cell service to get online.

We are safe and sound, but will be without power for awhile. Going to fire the ole camper up now that the storm has died down a little.

A quick damage assessment with flash lights shows several trees down and a couple are blocking the road in front of my house and power lines down across the drive way. My neighbor's roof is flapping around right now. I have a feeling that it will be much worse once the sun comes up.

Hope everyone else in the area is safe. This is definitely the worst storm I've personally encountered.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

Back above ground, power out but other than limbs on the ground I don't see any damages, but it's dark maybe daylight will reveal more. 

Got generator started and fan on Ms Mary so maybe she can get some rest before we wake up to 3 kids, 4 grandkids, pets and a son-in-law who came to get underground with Mom and me.

The pic above may not be Michael but it's still a beautiful picture, and I agree who ever took it, sack swangs real low.

• Like 1

We survived out my way too. No power (outside my generator). No cell service. Shingles blown off the roof in places lots of limbs down and my antenna tower barely standing. 

Had to drive into town to check on my mom and finally saw a little section of town with power. Two gas stations and the home improvement stores with power that I saw so far. 

All in all it doesn't look too bad on my end. I saw quite a bit of tree damage and detached carports blown over and some roofs off. 

Anyway, just the little sliver that I've seen so far. 

Gonna go check on more friends and family now. 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I can't believe a cat 2 made it into central GA. I hope all are safe and no major property losses. 

All the best to you guys.

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We survived out my way too. No power (outside my generator). No cell service. Shingles blown off the roof in places lots of limbs down and my antenna tower barely standing. 

Had to drive into town to check on my mom and finally saw a little section of town with power. Two gas stations and the home improvement stores with power that I saw so far. 

All in all it doesn't look too bad on my end. I saw quite a bit of tree damage and detached carports blown over and some roofs off. 

Anyway, just the little sliver that I've seen so far. 

Gonna go check on more friends and family now. 

Man the Pecan Orchard in Tifton and Omega is fucked beyond belief... 

Pine trees down everywhere some places have power and some places don't... but gas was sold out everywhere... 

I'm in Waycross right now... 

Man... The wind was hitting hard all night.. 

9 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I just got enough cell service to get online.

We are safe and sound, but will be without power for awhile. Going to fire the ole camper up now that the storm has died down a little.

A quick damage assessment with flash lights shows several trees down and a couple are blocking the road in front of my house and power lines down across the drive way. My neighbor's roof is flapping around right now. I have a feeling that it will be much worse once the sun comes up.

Hope everyone else in the area is safe. This is definitely the worst storm I've personally encountered.

My phone went into a self placed Distress mode... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Burst storm Clouds... 

Really common out here during the summer FL,GA and Most coastal states on the East coast you can see them... 

I could never live along a tornado of Hurricane alley.  That shit is so powerful.  Earthquakes I can deal with, but going against nature like that?  Hell no. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I could never live along a tornado of Hurricane alley.  That shit is so powerful.  Earthquakes I can deal with, but going against nature like that?  Hell no. 

Hurricanes and Tornadoes Scare you but Earthquakes don't... 

Move to Savannah you get a little bit of both.... 

That South Carolina Diablo Fault runs through SC and down the GA Coast... 

We get a few shakes occasionally... 

• Haha 1