I Expect the Real Americans to be pissed

DevilDog

Now this is blatant disrespect during the Anthem.  I am waiting for the real Americans to speak up about this. Oh i know none of you saw it since you are protesting by not watching the NFL. 😎

During Sunday’s national anthem, an as-yet-unidentified protester raised a “Stop Abortion / Vote Republican” sign and walked across the roof of AT&T Stadium’s field suites just prior to the Dallas Cowboys’ game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/protester-national-anthem-dallas-urges-fans-vote-republican-221825956.html

Protester during national anthem in Dallas urges fans to 'Vote Republican'

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

At least he's not being violent like most protestors 

How about at least he's just some nutcase fan. annoying the others paying customers....

Not the paid entertainment revolting and screwing their captive audience...and eating their dinner with the money.

kind of a breach of social contract....

that at least the nutcase doesn't (unlike others) engage in... 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

One protest is silent in both action and in words (no physical movement, no vocalization, no signs) , this guy not so much.  

One is also a severe breach, of what one as a professional,  is being paid to do.....

Thievery of the peoples time and space who foot the bill....thievery after being merely paid millions to entertain....

Yes one is considerably worse....and I'm sure you could agree in that regard if you are thinking clear of bias.

But if you think because your not waiving your arms around, makes you somehow better, you should stick and run with that......🙄

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Now this is blatant disrespect during the Anthem.  I am waiting for the real Americans to speak up about this. Oh i know none of you saw it since you are protesting by not watching the NFL. 😎

During Sunday’s national anthem, an as-yet-unidentified protester raised a “Stop Abortion / Vote Republican” sign and walked across the roof of AT&T Stadium’s field suites just prior to the Dallas Cowboys’ game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/protester-national-anthem-dallas-urges-fans-vote-republican-221825956.html

I know you’re just pulling a sportsnut, but yes, this is inappropriate...just like taking a knee. 

16 minutes ago, Troll said:

One is also a severe breach, of what one as a professional,  is being paid to do.....

Thievery of the peoples time and space who foot the bill....thievery after being merely paid millions to entertain....

Yes one is considerably worse....and I'm sure you could agree in that regard if you are thinking clear of bias.

But if you think because your not waiving your arms around, makes you somehow better, you should stick and run with that......🙄

One is b4 the contest.  They are not protesting on the Job.  That's like saying Marines are disrespectful by remaining in their cars while Colors is playing.  While on an Army Fort the protocol is to get out face the music and Salute.  

If you didn't put the camera on the players you would never know it was a protest.  This was full bore disrespect.  But I'm used to the false comparisons like the Panthers and the KKK.  BLM and Terrorist.  

21 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I know you’re just pulling a sportsnut, but yes, this is inappropriate...just like taking a knee. 

What's a Sportsnut?  I didn't initiate his protest.  I'm asking if this is disrespect and if those that oppose the Players see this in the same light. It's an actual article unless Sportsnut writes for Yahoo and others and asked the same question as I did.  My response is from the article. Clearly you didn't read it.  See if this points out what I said.  

str8 from the article thus the reason of my post.  Has Nothing to do with Spotsnut.  

Player protests during the national anthem, which dominated the league most of last season, have dwindled to almost nothing, with most players choosing to focus their efforts on more productive, less provocative efforts. The protests — which were always silent, without signs or movement — drew sharp condemnation from a significant slice of America for being disrespectful, even unpatriotic.

Of course, just like the players, the unnamed protester has the freedom to say whatever he wishes during the anthem (though he did trespass while doing so). However, a recent poll noted that 86 percent of Republicans were against the NFL players’ protests;

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

One is b4 the contest. 

ridiculous rationalization....childish even....you off today DD?  

I'm sure the NFL would disagree with you, and say that a fans experience is certainly not limited to between the whistles...and that they are 'supposed' to be able to enjoy the 'entire event'....

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

They are not protesting on the Job. 

What the f??? Did you seriously just type this????

DD please wake up...….

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

That's like saying Marines are disrespectful by remaining in their cars while Colors is playing.  While on an Army Fort the protocol is to 

huh.?...

ok cool.....take a break....

It's not easy trying to explain when you are flat out wrong....

5 minutes ago, Troll said:

ridiculous rationalization....childish even....you off today DD?  

I'm sure the NFL would disagree with you, and say that a fans experience is certainly not limited to between the whistles...and that they are 'supposed' to be able to enjoy the 'entire event'....

What the f??? Did you seriously just type this????

DD please wake up...….

huh.?...

ok cool.....take a break....

It's not easy trying to explain when you are flat out wrong....

You just posted 3 WTFs on 3 things you and I will not agree on.  WTF 🤣.  I been awoke a long time my friend a long time.   You didn't see it cuz 86% of Republicans stopped watching the NFL.   LMAO. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I'm asking if this is disrespect and if those that oppose the Players see this in the same light.

I think you will find that most will say 100% disrespectful

Most probably would expect that this guy should at least spend the night in jail even.... whether they agree with the cause or not....

For the record, I think so.....

46 minutes ago, Troll said:

How does kneeling rob the public of time and space?  

How do you reconcile those that kneel silently from those that decide to make a beer run to the concessions during the national anthem?  Both are conscious decisions.  One is for political reasons another is to satisfy a personal want.  Do you feel the beer runner is just as egregious? 

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

You just posted 3 WTFs on 3 things you and I will not agree on.  WTF 🤣.  I been awoke a long time my friend a long time.   You didn't see it cuz 86% of Republicans stopped watching the NFL.   LMAO. 

🤣

yeah I'm like ???? LOL

BTW: what % of Independent have stopped watching?....add one more...tried watching the Giants/Eagles Thurs prime time game (first one in a while).....unwatchable.... 😖

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

🤣

yeah I'm like ???? LOL

BTW: what % of Independent have stopped watching?....add one more...tried watching the Giants/Eagles Thurs prime time game (first one in a while).....unwatchable.... 😖

Each of you said he's a dumbass and I agree.  Therefore I have no reason to debate it further.  This wasn't about me. If people would read the article they would get title of the thread.  Im independent and I watched dem boys smoke Jville

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

How does kneeling rob the public of time and space?  

They (the public) paid for entertainment of a certain 'football' variety, and received a ticket for the event at a certain time and place....

The paid actors that run 'off script', and use that same time and space as their own, to further their own agenda, have robbed the fan of being able to enjoy their football experience without being cause panhandled...

Pure theft from a 'paid to provide' actor, who was hired to do something entirely different....

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

To play the game dude

DAMN

maybe players get 'paid to play the game'......but fans that pay for a ticket are purchasing the right to enjoy their ENTIRE time spent at the event and not get 'CAUSE PANHANDLED' by 'anyone' (as to include abortion nutjob other fans)

certainly the unruly 'fan' should be tossed in the clink at least for the night....wouldn't you agree?...

Just now, Troll said:

They (the public) paid for entertainment of a certain 'football' variety, and received a ticket for the event at a certain time and place....

The paid actors that run 'off script', and use that same time and space as their own, to further their own agenda, have robbed the fan of being able to enjoy their football experience without being cause panhandled...

Pure theft from a 'paid to provide' actor, who was hired to do something entirely different....

So part of the entertainment of football are the players standing at attention for the national anthem?  So the anthem is an entertainment spectacle? 

See, it boils down to life, and liberty.  We each have an opportunity to choose our own path as long as it doesn’t infringe on the rights of others. For starters the anthem is not an entertainment piece, it’s a time honored tradition for Americans to exercise their right and honor the flag.  The fans right to do so was not impeded by kneeling.  

21 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Each of you said he's a dumbass and I agree.  Therefore I have no reason to debate it further.  This wasn't about me. If people would read the article they would get title of the thread.  Im independent and I watched dem boys smoke Jville

My only issue with most of the protests are time and place, imposing on others, etc......

other than that....they can scream it from the mountaintops, and would support their right to do so...

It does not make me (or most I know) 'uncomfortable' at all...

but it does make many much less empathetic to any cause... 

Impositions have a way of doing that...

at least we good lol 👍 

14 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I am sure if Obie were still president he would send Biden to the next game he is at to walk out when he does it. 

No matter how you slice it, Trump does a better show than any DEm (or republican). That is my take away. 

If only this guy (trump) was on the side of good instead of evil. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

So part of the entertainment of football are the players standing at attention for the national anthem?  So the anthem is an entertainment spectacle? <<< most definitely yes...you did not know this???

See, it boils down to life, and liberty.  <<< 'IT' lol, define it..nvm...just susbstitute 'my wants'.   We each have an opportunity to choose our own path as long as it doesn’t infringe on the rights of others. <<<Isn't that EXACTLY what any 'PROTEST' is supposed to do for maximum impact? For starters the anthem is not an entertainment piece, it’s a time honored tradition for Americans to exercise their right and honor the flag. <<<yes you have just identified the 'tradition' that the protest has targeted to infringe upon..hang in there and you can get up to speed.  The fans right to do so was not impeded by kneeling.  <<<players may not think so, but most paying fans do.....

bottom line is that your 'cause' is no more acceptable than any others to be able to impose on others...

28 minutes ago, Troll said:

bottom line is that your 'cause' is no more acceptable than any others to be able to impose on others...

That’s the problem, they aren’t imposing anything.  People are still free to render respect to the flag free from extraneous noises or movements.  That’s exactly right, protests usually impede others from doing something, so by definition the kneeling protests are extremely mild. 

A part of recognizing the flag is remembering those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice in protecting our freedoms and way of life.  That is not entertainment that is honoring their commitment and sacrifice.  When your son goes on active duty (if he’s still choosing to do do) and serves a tour or two in Afghanistan or some other hot spot, let’s come back and revisit this and see if you still see the anthem as entertainment.  Just sayin’ 

• Like 1