St. Frances - Playoffs?

PrepGridiron

43 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Could St Francis play in the same league with St John's, Good Counsel, Gonzaga, Dematha, ect? 

Like ik they can't this year but would they be eligible to join that league next year

Possibly, but the WCAC(Washington DC Catholic League) won’t let them in for just football. The WCAC is strong in all sports. Football, Soccer, Lacrosse, Basketball, Baseball, Swimming, etc... have teams consistently ranked nationally. At this point, SFA is a headache for anyone. I’m not saying they are bad people or hurting anyone, but the blatant recruiting violations and racial accusations don’t really make them onboardable. In my honest opinion, they should of kept quiet and talked the the WCAC(SJC, DeMatha, Good Counsel, Gonzaga, etc...) behind the scenes.

I think SFA’s best bet is for Poggi to help finance a Northeast Super League with the  Philly, NYC/NJ, and Baltimore/DC powers. 

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Didn't a couple of the teams like Good Counsel and DeMatha cancel on SFA this year too? 

Of course. There’s a game off the field too. Politics. Nobody was scared to play SFA. It was about sending a message for the MIAA(Baltimore) teams. The WCAC(DC) teams just wanted to stay out of it and that meant not scheduling the game. It sucks, but that’s 2018 for ya...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They've already accepted an invitation from the Geico Bowl. Hope they play either Carol City or MC. 

Whoever they play will be a significant jump up from the patsies they've been forced to play thus far. As talented as SFA is, it will be a challenge to take on a real team after ten weeks of garbage. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They've already accepted an invitation from the Geico Bowl. Hope they play either Carol City or MC. 

This is why the Geico bowl is so lame. Already got an invite with what 4 games played? Total blow job sham there. 

How do you invite a team, with a game when no one else knows how the high school season will end and who could be more deserving based on what they did for the year.

Why not just pair up all the teams for the Geico games in August? Same rationale.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Only a few states are permitted to play in it. FL, AZ, UT, etc. It's smart to get the best, highest ranked team possible at this point. Thats a benefit of SFA being an Indie. 

Plus, SFA showed well there last season thrashing Bingham. They're a known and trusted commodity to Geico. Makes perfect sense. 

GA is no longer allowed?  Is it called "The Valdosta Rule"?

• Thanks 1

Wonder if it's being played in AZ again. 

GSB, maybe you can find out from St Frances the details as far as date and venue. 

I would love to see Colquitt vs SFA. Or any top GA dog against them. Whenever GA has a shot to play top national teams, it always is gonna be high interest 

problem with Colquitt is they have 5 punters and 6 centers with about 300 players in varsity. And every single one of them have to go or no dice!!!! 

Geico better have a cool million to pony up or Colquitt won't go past Tifton!!!

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Wonder if it's being played in AZ again. 

GSB, maybe you can find out from St Frances the details as far as date and venue. 

I would love to see Colquitt vs SFA. Or any top GA dog against them. Whenever GA has a shot to play top national teams, it always is gonna be high interest 

problem with Colquitt is they have 5 punters and 6 centers with about 300 players in varsity. And every single one of them have to go or no dice!!!! 

Geico better have a cool million to pony up or Colquitt won't go past Tifton!!!

I will be willing to put down money that colcuts does NOT attend GEICO tourney.There is no way they would risk putting themselves out there to be exposed on that big of a stage.  Lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Of course. There’s a game off the field too. Politics. Nobody was scared to play SFA. It was about sending a message for the MIAA(Baltimore) teams. The WCAC(DC) teams just wanted to stay out of it and that meant not scheduling the game. It sucks, but that’s 2018 for ya...

Oh no doubt. I'd never suggest that any of those teams were afraid to play them. 

I mean, everyone knows that there is politics involved in a lot of the decision making processes involving things like this. I don't blame the WCAC teams. This was a huge clusterfuck and they often play the teams that chose to forfeit, so, play SFA this year and piss off the other teams who may say screw you for years to come or say screw SFA and keep the status quo. 

The status quo makes the most sense financially for those teams imo. 

More stuff for SFA to consider in the future, while making decisions on how to operate. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know. 

I mean, if they invited SFA, they are no longer a state champions only bowl. 

This should open the door for IMG also. Wasn't that the rub with them not getting invites in the past? 

GEICO would be great if state associations would allow their state's top teams to enter, especially states like Texas, Cali, and Ohio.

I wouldn't mind seeing both state champions and nationally ranked teams like Colquitt, IMG, SFA, or Carol City in it.

• Like 2