Colquitt moves up in Calpreps again

94Packer

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

I hope Colquitt draws St. Frances Academy in the GEICO bowl games. 

If they still have them.

And if Colquitt wins state.

SFAs schedule is one of the worst in America for any class or state though. Who knows how much credit Colquitt would get if they beat 'em.

It absolutely has to be the worst.

30 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA is playing teams similar to Alcovy and Thomasville every week. Many around the country play worse. 

Again, it's not their fault its conference foes abandoned them a few weeks before the season started. They're doing the best they can given the circumstances. And the hsfb community would absolutely LOVE for CQ to play SFA in late December.  

Maybe similar to Alcovy. Thomasville would stomp those no name Academy schools.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

If they still have them.

SFAs schedule is one of the worst in America for any class or state though. Who knows how much credit Colquitt would get if they beat 'em.

Be careful what you wish for.

Coolhwip getting exposed in a Geico would be a sonic boon to the "black eye" thread

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

If they still have them.

Still, it's better than losing so I understand why you don't want to go up against a proven elite. 

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

If they still have them.

I can understand human pollsters liking a very talented SFA team, but how are they ranked that high in a computer poll with that pitiful schedule? Doesn’t the human element of calpreps drop out after the first few weeks or so? 

I’m also baffled that there a multiple highly ranked Hawaiian teams. St. Louis seems legit, but other then them....

41 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

I can understand human pollsters liking a very talented SFA team, but how are they ranked that high in a computer poll with that pitiful schedule? Doesn’t the human element of calpreps drop out after the first few weeks or so? 

I’m also baffled that there a multiple highly ranked Hawaiian teams. St. Louis seems legit, but other then them....

The human element never drops out, it is merely one of the parts of the average. If a team has 5 bold games then the beginning rating averages with those five games. In SFA’s case, there are no bolder games so their beginning rating is their current rating

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Coolhwip getting exposed in a Geico would be a sonic boon to the "black eye" thread

Boon is usually a good thing, sonic boom would be also if Colquitt exposes themselves with a victory. 

My money is on Colquitt to be competitive and win meaningful “hypotheticals”

Regards

BGW

1 hour ago, OdbCle said:

Ned can do whatever he wants with any of those teams. SFAs rating has clearly been manipulated by one of their human operators.

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Year in and year out, they're considered the top public programs in America. Need to beat one of them to be considered in their company. A CP ranking means squat. 

None of that means anything until they prove it, THIS season. You said it like its a certainty and thats just being ignorant. 

MC isnt always great OOS. 

Allen never really plays anyone any good except Dutch Fork a few years back.

I like Cen10.

But you also added Carol City... And that damn sure isnt accurate... They arent "always one of the top schools". Just this year and like 2 years ago.

The last time you were certain about something you said DePaul was the best team in NJ. Hmmm...

And if you look.... Colquitt is a staple in the national rankings almost every year also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zulu1128 said:

Watching the GA Mob humping the shit out of CalPreps is the best part about this season so far. 

Nobody is using CalPreps of proof of anything. Pointing out their rankings as fact like 90% of this board did until I showed them how fucking dumb they were... Is not what is happening.

You guys use it as fact until it has something on there you dont agree with. This guy was just pointing out a ranking... Not saying its accurate or "pure unbiased numbers" like some of the clown on here use to.

Its all politics. You arent smart enough to understand, and when thats the case... Its usually best to just be quite... Lest' you reveal yourself an idiot.

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're triggered. If CQ beats SFA or Carol in the Geico Bowl, they'll receive the respect and credit they deserve. Time will tell. 

SFA has earned 0 credit this year. Nada. They had ONE good season, because they won ONE game. Theyve done nothing to deserve anything this year. 

I dont believe rankings have anything to do with SoS... They are all about how good a team is... But a team has to atleast play DECENT opponents to get any sort of real read on them and SFA has beaten no one good enough to say they should even be in the Top 1000, much less top 10. Almost any Top 1000 team could beat any of their opponents so far 63-0.

YOU are the one giving SFA credit... I dont see that many here talking about them. You are because they are a Northeast team. But 1 guy hyping them doesnt mean anything.

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's not just me. SFA is ranked between 3-7 by four national polls. We'll see which team is better if and when the two teams play. That's the only way to really know. 

You being all in on Carol City makes no sense either. You had Miami Central beating them when I said they wouldnt. And that was ALL because Miami Central played an OOS game... No other reason. 

You had 0 love for Carol City before the Miami Central game. That tells me you arent actually watching football teams... Just keeping up with teams you favor and if they are beaten by someone then you hump that team. Carol City couldve just been a tough matchup for Miami Central and not really that good overall.

Im not saying SFA isnt good. But you play favorites far too much without ever seeing these teams play. And you dont seem to understand the importance of how teams matchup with each other... The truth is there is no definite order of teams...

Example --- you started humping Gonzaga bc they slaughtered DBP.... But that couldve just been a bad matchup for DBP. And Gonzaga was proved to be not as good as you thought soon after.

52 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You arent smart enough to understand, and when thats the case... Its usually best to just be quite... Lest' you reveal yourself an idiot.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, ECHS05 said:

Considering the top 10 in Cincy could be the top 10 in Ohio some years that doesnt mean shiat.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:47 PM, ECHS05 said:

Id first like to see the claim that La Salle is on the outside of the Cincy Top 10 backed up. They were probably #3 or 4 before that TC arse beating.

Yeah. xD

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're triggered. If CQ beats SFA or Carol in the Geico Bowl, they'll receive the respect and credit they deserve. Time will tell. 

We’ve seen time and again this isn’t the case. If CQ beats carol it will be that they beat a nobody non national elite team. Beat SFA and they beat a weak team with no resume. The double standards never end when CQ plays a game

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Colquitt deserves respect and credit for being beautiful already. They've remained in the upper echelon of a top 3 power state for years already. That makes us beautiful 

If they end up king of the mountain in a top 3 power state, they should be damned well respected in the polls with a top 10 finish, no matter what some anonymous dudes from the internet thinks. 

:D

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ron169 said:

We’ve seen time and again this isn’t the case. If CQ beats carol it will be that they beat a nobody non national elite team. Beat SFA and they beat a weak team with no resume. The double standards never end when CQ plays a game

It's why I've given up on these dudes. 

Last year Cal Preps was the end all, be all of "unbiasedness"

Since it's been proven that there is state scaling and manipulation of the numbers, this group decides CP has screwed the pooch. The only pooch they screwed is the one that robs them of their "unbiased" argument, when it's now clearly proven they can and will fiddle fart with a state scaling number and change everything. 

The hate is strong with these turkeys on here. Real strong. 

• Like 1