Pick 'em Pick 'em talk

Adam Kurkjian

1 minute ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

All right, we got ECHS vs. Hoover in the Pick 'em finals.

Who ya got?

Quick breakdown:

Hoover had a seriously dominant regular season, while ECHS struggled early on but has been on fire when it counts.

I wish we could get a calpreps analysis on this matchup.

Idk who picked matchups this week but i think 4a or 5a games in FL should have been there instead of 6a for FL 

Raines vs Cocoa and North Marion vs Cardinal Gibbons are likely much better matchups than Miami Northwestern vs Armwood 

The 6a game is basically just a watered down version of last year while 4a and 5a have potential to be great games

5 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Who ya got?

Quick breakdown:

Hoover had a seriously dominant regular season, while ECHS struggled early on but has been on fire when it counts.

I think your analysis is good. The one and done thing appears to favor ECHS with his current hot streak as HooverOutlaw has had some of his worst weeks here at the very end. 

I think I'll go with the Outlaw in spite of the aforementioned indicators. 

Just a gut feeling. The same type of feeling that has costed me so many times in the pick 'em myself. 

xD

8 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

8hXFuUI.jpg

The real question is what adult beverage will all us sad sacks be drinking while this is going down

Well, I have mine all lined up. I have 3 Funky Buddah's Vibin' Lagers still chillin' in the fridge and they're hanging out with a sixer of Walker's Station Stout that I picked up from Pretoria Fields on Sunday. 

If those don't get me where I wanna go, I have that fifth of Michter's Small Batch unblended hanging around. 

I'm all set. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, I have mine all lined up. I have 3 Funky Buddah's Vibin' Lagers still chillin' in the fridge and they're hanging out with a sixer of Walker's Station Stout that I picked up from Pretoria Fields on Sunday. 

If those don't get me where I wanna go, I have that fifth of Michter's Small Batch unblended hanging around. 

I'm all set. 

Haha, I finally have a Friday free. A little bittersweet.......is Colquitt playing this Friday?

38 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Haha, I finally have a Friday free. A little bittersweet.......is Colquitt playing this Friday?

Hate it for Colerain and Coletrain. I thought sure it was the year that y'all took it. Got me in the pick 'em. 

Sorry to disappoint. Our final game was pushed until next Wednesday night at 8 p.m. as the Atlanta United soccer team made the playoffs and host a game on Saturday at the Mercedes Benz Stadium. 

On the bright side, there's still football in Georgia on Dec. 11th and 12th.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Who ya got?

Quick breakdown:

I know this is off the topic at hand, but how about them Scarlet Knights?

1 hour ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

They played great all year.

Springfield Central really impressed me Saturday, and they have excellent talent coming up the pipeline.

When I played it was one out of division game, then 9 league games.  At years end two teams from each division went to play in Foxboro.  My how things have changed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ron169 said:

Hawg, I meant the overall leaderboard for our pickem to decide who our experts are for next year

I was wondering why you couldn't just click on the Prepforce site and see the standings yourself. 

I almost posted the link and called you lazy! 

Not really, but, it would've been mean and funny if I had. xD

Current overall Top 10 per THS

Week 14 Total Wins Winning %
1. HooverOutlaw 18 182 74%
2(tie). HawgGonelt 16 178 72%
2(tie). Omaha Vol 19 178 72%
4. ECHS05 18 174 71%
5. Wosinc 16 172 70%
6. AztecPadre 15 168 68%
7. LT4Spartan06 17 166 67%
8. Cat_Scratch  15 162 66%
9. Calpreps 15  160  65%