Can someone explain ......

whiteshoes

1 hour ago, Goldmember said:

No, you're just not smart enough to understand one game sample sizes.

I do know that even in one game sample sizes, my team doesn’t lose to teams that are far less talented than them....but apparently your team does. If a team is susceptible to being beat by a team that is far less talented, even in a one game sample size, it indicates that they aren’t a well-coached football team. Consistency is a hallmark of a well-coached quality football team/program. St. Thomas might have talent, but they are NOT well coached.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Didn't 8A runner-up Columbus beat 6A Champ Northwestern?...8A South Dade beat 6A Northwestern too

Guess you would have to look at the total body of 8A work truthfully......

and I’m willing to admit that what I said is a generality and not a 100% infallible statement. I’d be willing to explore/further dive into the specifics of this situation...just not with a jackass like Andrew.

3 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

FLORIDA 8A AINT SHIT 

B010FA4A-F681-4F62-8EA2-A0D60650F9E8.gif

Lol.  Well I was going to bring up Buford losing to DFB in GA, but they lost to Bainbridge.    Warner Robbins will likely toss that glass slipper in the garbage though in a few days.  

8A is a wild ride annually.   Mandarin's QB Beck I'm pretty sure I read somewhere he broke the FL playoff record for passing yards.   I hope to see that game online in the offseason somewhere.  

• Haha 1

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

Mandarin's QB Beck I'm pretty sure I read somewhere he broke the FL playoff record for passing yards.   I hope to see that game online in the offseason somewhere. 

I don't think Mandarin was better than Columbus anywhere except quarterback.

Unless you can sack him, move him off his spot or affect his throws, that kid could keep a mediocre team in the game against most people.

Lmao! You are saying that your opinion of a team you never saw play is more credible than mine, when I saw them play about 5 games??? Guess that’s another Trump like quality to you (thinking you know more about things you have no experience with than people who have studied that particular area/team). You are just a HUUUUUUUGGGEEE douchebag with tiny hands.

Seeing as until this year, Liberty was Centennial’s rival (5 miles apart)...I guarantee I know the quality of football they play better than you do.

44 minutes ago, StingMan44 said:

Seeing as until this year, Liberty was Centennial’s rival (5 miles apart)...I guarantee I know the quality of football they play better than you do.

Personal experience doesn't matter if the person experiencing it is delusional, isolated and a homer.

Liberty sucks. You said Centennial never loses to teams that suck. Centennial lost to Liberty.

Period.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

Jacksonville Mandarin to me.    This is a team that is 2-3 early, albeit against some pretty good teams in competitive games, then beats a (3-5) Spruce Creek team by 1, loses to a (6-3) Fletcher team the last game of the season and then proceeds to march through the 8A tournament like they borrowed IMG's blue team.    How can someone like myself who tries to see these type of teams coming figure this one out?

Mandarin is fairly affluent, maybe the helicopter parents got a notion, the players started working hard and enjoyed hitting.

I dunno….

My .02,

BGW

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

Lol.  Well I was going to bring up Buford losing to DFB in GA, but they lost to Bainbridge.    Warner Robbins will likely toss that glass slipper in the garbage though in a few days.  

8A is a wild ride annually.   Mandarin's QB Beck I'm pretty sure I read somewhere he broke the FL playoff record for passing yards.   I hope to see that game online in the offseason somewhere.  

Well, thanks.... I think.

BGW

3 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

I saw Mandarin live three times this year. At Apopka, Wekiva and again last night. Mandarin is a very strong football team. The Fletcher loss was due to several starters being out. But Fletcher was not a bad team. I cannot explain the close game with Spruce Creek. Perhaps it was due to the team not being fully gelled at the time. 

Mandarin's QB is an Alabama commit as a junior. The kid is not a runner, but he has a cannon of an arm and is a very, very good reader of the game. Add poise to that, and he is a premium weapon. Their receiver core are a little small but run good routes and are sure handed. In the state semifinal, they were the first team to accumulate over 200 yards of offense against Wekiva since early in the season. 

In a sense, this Mandarin team reminds me to some degree of Apopka's 2014 run when we had four regular season losses but peaked at the right time. 

I stated this before, but to be honest I would pick Mandarin to beat Lakeland as I think they are more complete. And I saw Lakeland live three times too. 

Thank you.   Exactly what I was looking for.

• Like 1

Wait so teams that lose 4 games and have average regular seasons are banned from winning a state tournament? 

There has to be some script where the 14-0 team always has to win? 

They won because they took care of their business when it mattered. 

How the fuck is a 5 loss Bainbridge heading to wherever the fuck they are playing their state championship at? How the fuck did they beat Buford and Stockbridge? That's fucking impossible I tell you!!!!

i guess they should just make a rule that says only 1-2 loss teams allowed In a state tournament 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Didn't 8A runner-up Columbus beat 6A Champ Northwestern?...8A South Dade beat 6A Northwestern too

Guess you would have to look at the total body of 8A work truthfully......

Yes! You have that right. The truth is the best 4 8A teams could, on any given night, beat any team in Florida High School football. 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Wait so teams that lose 4 games and have average regular seasons are banned from winning a state tournament? 

There has to be some script where the 14-0 team always has to win? 

They won because they took care of their business when it mattered. 

How the fuck is a 5 loss Bainbridge heading to wherever the fuck they are playing their state championship at? How the fuck did they beat Buford and Stockbridge? That's fucking impossible I tell you!!!!

i guess they should just make a rule that says only 1-2 loss teams allowed In a state tournament 

Nobody knows how Bainbridge got here. We have a don't ask don't tell rule here in Georgia.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

Jacksonville Mandarin to me.    This is a team that is 2-3 early, albeit against some pretty good teams in competitive games, then beats a (3-5) Spruce Creek team by 1, loses to a (6-3) Fletcher team the last game of the season and then proceeds to march through the 8A tournament like they borrowed IMG's blue team.    How can someone like myself who tries to see these type of teams coming figure this one out?

just rank them on zip code as usual.... 

@Sammyswordsman has them in one of his 3 tiers... that should be 6 tiers that should have BUT DON"T 16 teams in each tier.

in other words, go jer% off with him