Team of the Year Nominees

PrepGridiron

There will be a poll later this weekend for the teams, but for now I am sourcing nominees. We will take the top 4 nominees. If you would like to propose a nominee, you need to post to the thread nominees and list 4. Here is the "criteria" for this award: this is not the MNC or #1 team in the country (although it very well can be), but goes to the team that excelled during the season and earned the respect of the esteemed members of this board.

North Shore

Milton

Lakeland

Mater Dei

• Sad 1

Just now, PrepGridiron said:

There will be a poll later this weekend for the teams, but for now I am sourcing nominees. We will take the top 4 nominees. If you would like to propose a nominee, you need to post to the thread nominees and list 4. Here is the "criteria" for this award: this is not the MNC or #1 team in the country (although it very well can be), but goes to the team that excelled during the season and earned the respect of the esteemed members of this board.

North Shore

Milton

Lakeland

Mater Dei

Milton lmao .. might  as well put Roswell or Parkview since they beat them.... 

sjr on the other hand.....sHut Out BC for the first time in 30 years ....pitching shutouts in 2 out of the 3 play off games

Just now, hardhit1 said:

Warren Central who has great travel restrictions from Indiana had a great year and are very good but quietly not noticed 

I know they are a good program, but I had a hard time getting behind WC after that close win at Trinity. They easily should have lost that game to a Trinity team that while they were a tough out was .500 team

I know they are a good program, but I had a hard time getting behind WC after that close win at Trinity. They easily should have lost that game to a Trinity team that while they were a tough out was .500 team

That said, they overcame a lot from the last few seasons. A reason why I thought about Newton on this list. 

Had a discussion with an Indiana HOF coach/reporter and I asked him who was better. This years WC or last years Ben Davis.

he said great question and that BD graduated 52 seniors last year and WC only lost by 14 that year. BD had 20+ play college ball In comparison WC who only had 10 but says when they lost to BD the previous year they were only juniors. 

Thinks it would be very close 

one game either turns you on or off so better to see a few IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I’m with you on the first three, the last I’m behind you... waaaaaayyyy behind  you. 

Regards

BGW

They may have the best wins for a team ever in HSFB. I don’t think you can find a team that has four wins over top 15 teams ever. Add wins over top 100 teams and it’s one of the best resumes ever. That’s why I put them here

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Umm hello aren't you forgetting a state that may very well be better than all 3 states you just listed

Ha no I did not forget 

FL a bit weaker with the division watered down 

FL , NJ and S Cali have nice tourneys but can’t match the 3 previous states mentioned 😆😆😆

1 minute ago, hardhit1 said:

Ha no I did not forget 

FL a bit weaker with the division watered down 

FL , NJ and S Cali have nice tourneys but can’t match the 3 previous states mentioned 😆😆😆

Most of GA and OH elite teams are in 1 division and Texas would be same way but they have so many high schools that they do have a little more balance which is similar to FL

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Most of GA and OH elite teams are in 1 division and Texas would be same way but they have so many high schools that they do have a little more balance which is similar to FL

Yes I know this

Florida has a good bit of 4-6 division teams that are very good each year 

Ohio has some also but no one knows about them other than Ohio guys

1 hour ago, PrepGridiron said:

They may have the best wins for a team ever in HSFB. I don’t think you can find a team that has four wins over top 15 teams ever. Add wins over top 100 teams and it’s one of the best resumes ever. That’s why I put them here

Still the stain of a 23 point loss, a schemed 4 point win in a rematch and a forfeit. But hey, it’s all good. 

I like it here. 😈

BGW

• Haha 1