Anyone think Trump will win the shutdown fight?

Bormio

Way easy question. All the Trumpets think he will and he will, to their ears, no matter what happens. 

My guess, he will not get his concert wall or his 5.6 billion but will claim victory anyway. 

He has already claimed that Mexico is paying for it and this is as true as what will follow. 

The bogus national emergency approach will be tied up in court for years but tonight Trump will say he's ending the shut down by going around congress with this. So he folds but wins in the eyes of his orcs by attempting to steal the money from the military. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This democrat shutdown needs to stop. When they can give billions to foreign aid but not protect our own country it just reminds you what you already knew. Liberals hate Americans, they hate America, and only care about absolute power. 

Nevermind there is a national emergency at our Southern Border with these caravans, human traffickers and drug runners. Liberals love to say all these things will still come through air and boat. Well that just means there is terrible things making every attempt to destroy this country. They say we shouldn’t do anything because doing one thing won’t solve all the problems. 

Liberals are playing politics with our national security and would rather destroy the country then give the illusion that Trump got one over on them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'd like for someone (someone intelligent - not DBP) to explain why building a wall is somehow "immoral".  Many top Democrats have barriers/walls around their properties.  Many voted for barrier funding in 2006.  Many claim to be for border control and enforcing legal immigration (as they defend sanctuary cities and states).

But all of the sudden expansion and augmentation of physical barriers along the border is "immoral"? Increasing our ability to protect our laws and sovereignty is immoral?  Is not doing our utmost to keep our own citizenry safe by preventing violent gangs and criminals and drugs from crossing the border immoral?  Don't we already have a legal system and process to immigrate here?

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

This democrat shutdown needs to stop. When they can give billions to foreign aid but not protect our own country it just reminds you what you already knew. Liberals hate Americans, they hate America, and only care about absolute power. 

Nevermind there is a national emergency at our Southern Border with these caravans, human traffickers and drug runners. Liberals love to say all these things will still come through air and boat. Well that just means there is terrible things making every attempt to destroy this country. They say we shouldn’t do anything because doing one thing won’t solve all the problems. 

Liberals are playing politics with our national security and would rather destroy the country then give the illusion that Trump got one over on them. 

and there was no national "emergency" the first 2 years of his presidency?...it just became a "crisis" when the democrats won the house?...most of America know this is just red-meat he likes to feed you Trumpers...

democratic shutdown?...you didn't hear him say he'd own it?....and that he's proud to shut it down?....that's not "fake news"...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

TSA is calling in sick.

40,000 law enforcement officers are not on the job.

This is the emergency.

On the 11th, families with kids won't get their Snap Benefits.

Grow up you dick.

So ask Nancy and Chuck to fund the wall.

It's an easy thing. Already voted for back in 2006. By Chuck himself.

Why do the Democrats want people to starve?

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

TSA is calling in sick.

40,000 law enforcement officers are not on the job.

This is the emergency.

On the 11th, families with kids won't get their Snap Benefits.

Grow up you dick.

Just a guess, but I think 'IF' he pulls the old 'end around' tonight, that it was probably timed in order to be able to pay the workers on time...

Just typical politician 'buying' of support and optics....but hopefully it will help anyone in these situations above...

We can go back and forth at each other all day for entertainment value...but empathy should never be tossed when it comes to real life...

Certainly Hope that  you or anyone else is not too adversely effected by these political poker games...

and in that regard....BOTH SIDES...are guilty...

just sayin'

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

He always wins. None of us gives two shits about the non essentials that are out of work. I hope it goes on for months. Smart, educated people don't take lowly Federal jobs just for this reason. Stand strong, Mr. President. We love you! 

IMG_0594.JPG

what a pompous person you are....so no educated people work for the gov't?...did Donny tell you that...or you heard it from Fox news?..

he always wins?...LOL..he's never been near 50% approval since he took office...he's a loser President in so many ways it's sad...:$

2 hours ago, concha said:

So ask Nancy and Chuck to fund the wall.

It's an easy thing. Already voted for back in 2006. By Chuck himself.

Why do the Democrats want people to starve?

and why didn't the republicans save the day and pass something his first 2 years???...I know why!....because they hate America!...sound familiar?...LOL..:$

I hope this whole “National Emergency” thing is just a negotiating ploy and not a serious idea.  If so, I hope it gets shot down by the courts as the unconstitutional Executive power grab it is.  

If some kind of disaster happens involving a part of the government that is shut down then Trump and the GOP lose, end of discussion.

But if Trump genuinely wants to make a deal and is willing to give in a bit on DACA he could come out on top and show the Democrats for what they are right now - the party of open borders and illegal aliens.  I’d avoid Chuck and Nancy entirely and have Trump pick immigration fights with AOC, Rashida Tlaib, and Ilhan Omar and make them the face of the Democrats in these negotiations.  The media loves them and will give them plenty of airtime for unforced and unhinged errors.

11 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I hope this whole “National Emergency” thing is just a negotiating ploy and not a serious idea.  If so, I hope it gets shot down by the courts as the unconstitutional Executive power grab it is.  

If some kind of disaster happens involving a part of the government that is shut down then Trump and the GOP lose, end of discussion.

But if Trump genuinely wants to make a deal and is willing to give in a bit on DACA he could come out on top and show the Democrats for what they are right now - the party of open borders and illegal aliens.  I’d avoid Chuck and Nancy entirely and have Trump pick immigration fights with AOC, Rashida Tlaib, and Ilhan Omar and make them the face of the Democrats in these negotiations.  The media loves them and will give them plenty of airtime for unforced and unhinged errors.

He has the power to declare a national emergency. So it's not unconstitutional and it's not some power grab. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/424314-yes-trump-has-authority-to-declare-national-emergency-for-border-wall%3famp

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

He has the power to declare a national emergency. So it's not unconstitutional and it's not some power grab. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/424314-yes-trump-has-authority-to-declare-national-emergency-for-border-wall%3famp

I read this earlier..  it was good, Turley is a smart guy.  But this is the opinion of one legal professor/contributor, not a court’s judgement.  You work in this field, you know better than to cite this link as anything other than one opinion.  There are other opinions that I think are better on why Trump can’t.  On both legal and policy grounds.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I read this earlier..  it was good, Turley is a smart guy.  But this is the opinion of one legal professor/contributor, not a court’s judgement.  You work in this field, you know better than to cite this link as anything other than one opinion.  There are other opinions that I think are better on why Trump can’t.  On both legal and policy grounds.

Yes it's an opinion piece and your right and I've tried to find legal backing on this but dont really have the time to go thru Google and try different search methods. 

So apparently he wont declare the national emergency tonight on tv. 

He should do it and whatever happens happens. I'm sure the crazy dems will challenge it and it's off to the courts. 

I'm not sure why he has to threaten things. Just do it. If its within your powers do it. 

11 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

....... Liberals hate Americans, they hate America, and only care about absolute power. 

....... Liberals love to say all these things will still come through air and boat. Well that just means there is terrible things making every attempt to destroy this country. They say we shouldn’t do anything because doing one thing won’t solve all the problems. 

........Liberals are playing politics with our national security and would rather destroy the country then give the illusion that Trump got one over on them. 

I'm a Liberal Army vet and I don't hate America or want to destroy it by letting criminals have unfettered access. But let me tell you what I do hate. A clueless demagogue, born with a silver spoon, that hypes up issues in grade school terms all the while telling everyone just how great and marvelous he is at being a leader. I call Bullshit. Granted in some places a wall my be appropriate. In others it would be an environmental, logistic, and human boondoggle of epic proportions. Talk about wasting $$$$$$. Let the ADULTS in the room work this thing out. Drones, sentry post, lasers, balloons, radar, cameras, satellites etc, etc should be on the table. If a license plate in Moscow can be read from space, one would hope the same technology can spot a future lettuce picker crossing the Rio Grande. Enough of the damn we hate America bullshit. It's the greedy bastards that rape and pillage the earth, with no regard for anything that doesn't enrich themselves who really and truly hate all of us from the left to the right.    

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dan in daytona said:

I'm a Liberal Army vet and I don't hate America or want to destroy it by letting criminals have unfettered access. But let me tell you what I do hate. A clueless demagogue, born with a sliver spoon, that hypes up issues in grade school terms all the while telling everyone just how great and marvelous he is at being a leader. I call Bullshit. Granted in some places a wall my be appropriate. In others it would be an environmental, logistic, and human boondoggle of epic proportions. Talk about wasting $$$$$$. Let the ADULTS in the room work this thing out. Drones, sentry post, lasers, balloons, radar, cameras, satellites etc, etc should be on the table. If a license plate in Moscow can be read from space, one would hope the same technology can spot a future lettuce picker crossing the Rio Grande. Enough of the damn we hate America bullshit. It's the greedy bastards that rape and pillage the earth, with no regard for anything that doesn't enrich themselves who really and truly hate all of from the left to the right.    

Courts already ruled on the environment part and the wall is a go from the courts on that part. 

1 minute ago, dan in daytona said:

Fuck that! Where's the wall go on the Rio Grange and any other number of places ? That albatross isn't right for large portions of the border. THINK !  

All I'm saying because I dont want a back and forth with someone who were not going to agree on said subject that the courts already said that the wall can go and basically dropped the environment challenge 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1O21QI

On 1/8/2019 at 1:12 PM, dan in daytona said:

I'm a Liberal Army vet and I don't hate America or want to destroy it by letting criminals have unfettered access. But let me tell you what I do hate. A clueless demagogue, born with a silver spoon, that hypes up issues in grade school terms all the while telling everyone just how great and marvelous he is at being a leader. I call Bullshit. Granted in some places a wall my be appropriate. In others it would be an environmental, logistic, and human boondoggle of epic proportions. Talk about wasting $$$$$$. Let the ADULTS in the room work this thing out. Drones, sentry post, lasers, balloons, radar, cameras, satellites etc, etc should be on the table. If a license plate in Moscow can be read from space, one would hope the same technology can spot a future lettuce picker crossing the Rio Grande. Enough of the damn we hate America bullshit. It's the greedy bastards that rape and pillage the earth, with no regard for anything that doesn't enrich themselves who really and truly hate all of us from the left to the right.    

You Got it!... Deep State and Shadow Government anyone?

There is little difference between the Dems and Reps. They all are getting Their Paychecks and pensions. I know of no private business that could pull this shit and not lose their jobs. Trump is an insecure and pompous ass but he is no worse than Shumer and Pelosi. Congress and the State Dept have pulled the rug over our eyes and unless we as Americans wake up and focus on saving our country, the US as we have known it over the decades will never be available to our young kids.

• Like 2