Transfer season

HSFBfan

Damn that's huge news right there!   Poor kid doesn't even have a recruiting profile.   Decent player too.  These recruiting web sites are so garbage in their scouting now.   Can't ever blame anyone in a situation like this for transfering.  I mean Dillard was a good team last year and played high profile games.    This is the unfortunate case of many kids in South Fl.  

Still, this kid might not even play.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Damn that's huge news right there!   Poor kid doesn't even have a recruiting profile.   Decent player too.  These recruiting web sites are so garbage in their scouting now.   Can't ever blame anyone in a situation like this for transfering.  I mean Dillard was a good team last year and played high profile games.    This is the unfortunate case of many kids in South Fl.  

Still, this kid might not even play.  

Your right. Unfortunately they look over some really good players. 

Just now, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Bro he’s like 18 .... he probably wasn’t prepared to be by himself 3000 miles from his family for the next 4 years

give him a break

he probably wants to play baseball as well

Exactly my point. But come on you know how far your going. To say I really like how close Rutgers is. Rutgers hasnt moved. I have a feeling this is more than just about distance 

11 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm sure there was a depth chart issue too. 

Idk if that had anything to do with it because chip Kelly was chasing the kid down throughout the holidays when word leaked he may not return.  Coaches dont usually chase you, and yell at your high school coach, when they didnt have plans for you. Chip was not happy about this or how it was done. I worry that some unfavorable labels will be attached to hom throughout the coaching community; making Rutgers the only available option. The kid can play, and he can play tight end for ANY team in the country. He has everything you want in a tight end. Size, speed, very soft hands, and athleticism. The one thing I can not speak for is intangibles such as mental toughness, work ethic,  how he responds to adversity, etc... I've never been around him to get a feel for those things in respect to Matt.

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/saturdaytradition.com/penn-state-football/penn-state-betting-favorite-to-land-notre-dame-qb-brandon-wimbush/%3famp

I thought happy valley made the most sense w the franklin connection, mcsorley graduating, and him originally committing there in hs  .... but it looks like UCF might get him over penn state in latest news. 

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

He's also building an OOS schedule that will guarantee him a MNC if they win out. 

This was GC's  2018 info...  some locals can add more info regarding how senior laden that team was last season and who's left or coming up (or any transfers).   DBP, Good Counsel  and a GA squad (not named)

https://247sports.com/college/maryland/Season/2020-Football/Targets/?RecruitState=MD

DeMatha and SFA would have been better options.   I know it's not easy to snap a finger and bring a team but brand names don't always tell the story.  Is their OOS lineup that strong?   Their in-state schedule will dictate a MNC imo.  

image.png.d94b0ac486fe54381027443cffe12b9d.png

39 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Was in deep conversation with the DMC HC before he left for UMD, and SFA is already playing MD that weekend in the same triple header event. Beating brand names can only help a team's cause when seeking out a MNC. 

Oh,  SFA-MD sweet game.    DBP-DLS 3,  STA-SJB 2 might have been the best scenario... STA always F's up things lol.  In any event nice to see them head to Cali.  

24 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Shows you how corrupt STA is. They should have shut this down. Kid just called HS football a business.

It's great to be Chris Rainey, err, STA.

Wow you cracked the case!   Well done!   Contact the FHSAA!    At least wait for a 4 star, not a kid with no profile.  

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Shows you how corrupt STA is. They should have shut this down. Kid just called HS football a business.

It's great to be Chris Rainey, err, STA.

A lot of these kids when they transfer say its a business decision. This is the landscape of hs football today

13 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Oh,  SFA-MD sweet game.    DBP-DLS 3,  STA-SJB 2 might have been the best scenario... STA always F's up things lol.  In any event nice to see them head to Cali.  

Wow you cracked the case!   Well done!   Contact the FHSAA!    At least wait for a 4 star, not a kid with no profile.  

Open borders. No credibility. Sham of an institution. We get it.

That's why most don't respect STA as a Catholic institution of higher learning any longer. They've tainted their legacy by selling their souls for athletic championships and $.

The better schools don't take senior transfers unless they came from a similar institution and moved in. Dillard senior transfer strictly to play football. Right up their alley?

BTW, you know all of this is to simply bate Canes into coming out of his board closet :)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 181pl said:

That's why most don't respect STA as a Catholic institution of higher learning any longer. They've tainted their legacy by selling their souls for athletic championships and $.

The better schools don't take senior transfers unless they came from a similar institution and moved in. Dillard senior transfer strictly to play football. Right up their alley?

BTW, you know all of this is to simply bate Canes into coming out of his board closet :)

Oh hell no

This board has enough trolls already we don't need that know it nothing jackass to return and expose what a pathetic fanboy he is 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

14 of 21 offered kids did NOT transfer :)   % is getting better the last few years.   If FL switched to OHSAA transfer rules do you think teams like STA and AHP would have decent 9th grade incoming classes?   STA had two 9th graders see action last year and one started vs Lakeland at LT.   Harriott is getting kids in earlier at least.  Do you expect the Wild West of free agency not to involve a Catholic private school with a football tradition in Broward County?   Silly to think STA wouldn't be leading in transfers and as I mentioned prior, let's see Deerfield Beach track record of offered kids who started at DFB since 9th grade annually.    Because they shit the bed annually, they get a pass?  What national power in 8A is taking titles from them annually?  

STA does not allow early graduation (spring only) like other schools do.  Jake Allen a few years back transferred out of STA end of football season to finish sooner elsewhere.   The senior transfers to date is an OLB from AHP (odd transfer, but he has his reasons... maybe AHP is on the decline?) and the kid who started this thread, junior at Coconut Creek who started last year and likely others... no offers, no recruiting profile.  That's the senior transfer list thus far  (stop the presses).   

A friend of mine in the past tutored student athletes at STA.   They do a good job of getting kids prepared for Clearing House (eligibility center now I think it's called).   

@954gator and I always here this... :(   It's as if you think we enjoy transfers coming in also.   It blows but that's the gig SoFL has.   

• Like 1