OT: Trump Shafting Americans with Budget

BigDrop

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The fundamental law of capitalism is the more money in the hands of workers, the more customers businesses will have. Thus, job creation comes from additional customers and meeting the increased demand for products and services.

Yes.

And I will add this:  if America puts any tax on a product manufactured offshore a significant percentage of that tax will be passed along to American consumers.  The more expensive it is the less likely it will be purchased.  The fewer products purchased, the fewer jobs sustained.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Naive?

Im a cum lauded graduate in economics and have a graduate degree from a top 5 b-school in finance

You?

i gave you an report from the Cato institute; you gave me a poster

You get 100 economist in a room and they will rarely agree on solutions.  Trickle down only works for people that have money.  Ask any person without money if they feel trickle down works.  Ask the rich, they will say it does.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pops said:

100% emotion

0% economic principles

few things more dangerous than a liberal heart, which is to be respected, but never be in charge of anything that is meant to work 

tax cuts = investment + spending = jobs + hot economy = MORE taxes (see article)

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/tax-cuts-revenue-what-we-learned-1980s

Great theory. Turns out it's complete hogwash. 

Cut taxes means bigger deficits.

Less social programs means more crime.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pops said:

Naive?

Im a cum lauded graduate in economics and have a graduate degree from a top 5 b-school in finance

You?

Bravo Mr. sheepskin. I also have a sheepskin. Mine is from lowly Oregon State University.

Im also a proud graduate of top military organization in the world, USMC boot camp, MCRD, San Diego. Add to that USMC Scout/Sniper school, Basic Reconnaissance Course, Jump School, Scuba School, Pathfinders, Jump Master, The Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Education, the FBI National Academy, also currently ranked as a 7th degree red/black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and I can still pierce Lady Libertys ear on a Morgan Silver Dollar at 300 meters with a Remington-model 700, .308 caliber. 

Thanks for asking. Now, are we finished comparing peckers?

And BTW, consumers create jobs, not CEO's. I'd think a big time economics nerd would know that.

• Like 4

On 3/20/2017 at 5:00 AM, noonereal said:

Jimbo is not a race based poster. Period. 

Why...because he never verbally said he was?

I'll remember this bullshit the next time I see his ass refer to Obama as "Barry" or "Hussein" or whatever other BS name he has for em. 

One clearly has issues to bow down to a man like Trump but step on someone like Obama. Common sense tells me everything I need to know about little Jimbo.

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

Great theory. Turns out it's complete hogwash. 

Cut taxes means bigger deficits.

Less social programs means more crime.

Hope this helps.

See obama -- biggest taxer and deficit creator in history -- raise your hand if you think that's a coincidence

your assumption in cause and effect on social programs is interesting, but I'd contend the opposite -- would be interested if you had any support for your assertion

4 hours ago, rockinl said:

Bravo Mr. sheepskin. I also have a sheepskin. Mine is from lowly Oregon State University.

Im also a proud graduate of top military organization in the world, USMC boot camp, MCRD, San Diego. Add to that USMC Scout/Sniper school, Basic Reconnaissance Course, Jump School, Scuba School, Pathfinders, Jump Master, The Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Education, the FBI National Academy, also currently ranked as a 7th degree red/black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and I can still pierce Lady Libertys ear on a Morgan Silver Dollar at 300 meters with a Remington-model 700, .308 caliber. 

And BTW, consumers create jobs, not CEO's. I'd think a big time economics nerd would know that.

So, you can shoot, fuck, and kick ass

Ill concede yours is the bigger dick, but not sure what that has to do with economics 

if we're just throwing resumes out there, I've added stuff in the last 30 years too

i know a lot of people that went to school in Corvallis -- they're all very nice 

a big time economics nerd knows when they're engaged with someone who is in over their head on the subject

PS. I respect your service very much

PPS. Stop shooting Morgan silver dollars

15 hours ago, rockinl said:

You tougher and smarter than, drummer61.

drummer61, has a sheepskin from....Rocky U!

xD

12 hours ago, Pops said:

See obama -- biggest taxer and deficit creator in history -- raise your hand if you think that's a coincidence

your assumption in cause and effect on social programs is interesting, but I'd contend the opposite -- would be interested if you had any support for your assertion

as a economics grad you know this is BS and why

thanks