Track and Field

954gator

17 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Would have liked to see that split time... what a comeback!  

Did you happen to see this highlight from the Relays?   LSU boasting a little bit in the comeback win... should make for a nice sequel, that's for sure.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdG_gyoz-fY

Yes, I seen that LSU finish too.

15 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Last few years he has PR'd in the 100, but the 200 and 400 have been weaker.   He was matching the Jamaican talent Christian Taylor time for time until a few years ago.   Taylor has run a sub 10.2, a sub 20.4 and a sub 45 since.     

I Boling ran 46.12 400m last year.  He probably will not participate in 400m again until the summer. 

He can only do so many event and since relays are double points in Texas.  He will run the 3 big relays, LJ, 100m, 200m most likely 

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Texas has good track times, but it doesn't necessarily translate to "football speed".  Many of Texas track records are held by non football guys.

Saw a nice 110m hurdles #1 nation time of 13.61  by Jamar Marshall (St. Mary's) this weekend.   

https://247sports.com/Player/Jamar-Marshall-46048557/   (0 star, 0 offers currently, noticed he played basketball too).  

5 hours ago, Texasball said:

Yes, Boling came from behind to win the race 

LB Poly was in the lead with Duncanville 2nd.

Duncanville Anchor sucked up Poly and Boling came from even farther back to catch them both.

i posted video in What’s up Texas Thread.

Poly had a nice lead and got ate up.on anchor.  Which should be your best leg.  Bowling str8 beast on that anchor leg.   Can't wait for state. 

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Last few years he has PR'd in the 100, but the 200 and 400 have been weaker.   He was matching the Jamaican talent Christian Taylor time for time until a few years ago.   Taylor has run a sub 10.2, a sub 20.4 and a sub 45 since.     

Taylor would smoke him now.   

District Track meets are starting this week in Texas.

it will be interesting to see which events Mathew Boling participants in.

UIL rules only allows 5 events per athlete and only 3 running events.  All 5 can be field events,

The issue is Relays in Texas have double the points and Track is considered team sport.

He could win individual events

100m

200m

400m 

LJ

His relay teams are nationally ranked

4x100 #9  

4x200 #9

4x400 #5  

i personally hate this rule!

19 hours ago, Texasball said:

District Track meets are starting this week in Texas.

it will be interesting to see which events Mathew Boling participants in.

UIL rules only allows 5 events per athlete and only 3 running events.  All 5 can be field events,

The issue is Relays in Texas have double the points and Track is considered team sport.

He could win individual events

100m

200m

400m 

LJ

His relay teams are nationally ranked

4x100 #9  

4x200 #9

4x400 #5  

i personally hate this rule!

This rule does suck.

Hard choices for the young man.  Go for the individual events or help the team?

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 1:59 PM, DevilDog said:

Big boys 4x100 finals.   

1.  Houston Strake Jesuit 40.86 (40.852)

2.  Duncanville 40.86 (40.859)

3. Long Beach Poly (Ca.) 40.91

4. Desoto 41.07

5.  Richmond George Ranch 41.29

6. Lancaster 41.58

7.  South Grand Prairie 41.88

8. Converse Judson DNS

9.  Round Rock DNS 

Duncanville, Desoto and Lancaster are all within a rock throw of each other.  Fastest damn kids in AMERICA in such a close proximity.

#1 in the Nation FBM did not run in the Texas Relays.  Good Showing By Poly against the Big boys.  Can't wait to see what you Florida Boys did today.

Also Bishop Dunne ran a 41.48 to win the Small School 4X100.  

DeSoto 40.77 and 41.07 not bad without 2-3 legs from last year; perhaps, we will see them full up in District, Area, Regionals and State.  Replacing 11+ guys with 10.4, 10.5, 10.7 guys!

Current U20 top 10 in world outdoor 2019 per IAAF site (wind legal).   Seville just turned 18 (great name by the way, Oblique Seville!) and Robertson will turn 18 in May.   Seville and Stephens (pb 10.22)  run for Calabar (Seville transferred in this season).    Lower the volume and here are the 10.13 and 10.19 headlining the class 1 final from March 29th. @DarterBlue fyi  

image.thumb.png.3a5324e2a4ac1da164931dd3809654a9.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Current U20 top 10 in world outdoor 2019 per IAAF site (wind legal).   Seville just turned 18 (great name by the way, Oblique Seville!) and Robertson will turn 18 in May.   Seville and Stephens (pb 10.22)  run for Calabar (Seville transferred in this season).    Lower the volume and here are the 10.13 and 10.19 headlining the class 1 final from March 29th. @DarterBlue fyi  

image.thumb.png.3a5324e2a4ac1da164931dd3809654a9.png

You give me FL and Tx best every year and Jamaica would catch hell

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

You give me FL and Tx best every year and Jamaica would catch hell

TX coaches, deal.  :)  Would be something to see alright   Too bad a threat to beat Calabar in the 4x100 can’t participate in the Penn Relays. TX elite or MNW for example would be a good option.  Scheduling limitations likely or they should find a way.  

16 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

TX coaches, deal.  :)  Would be something to see alright   Too bad a threat to beat Calabar in the 4x100 can’t participate in the Penn Relays. TX elite or MNW for example would be a good option.  Scheduling limitations likely or they should find a way.  

I have been saying this for years.  But all those slow ass East Coast teams and an occasional good 4X100 from Va. shows up.  Imagine what MNW or FBM or a Duncanville would run against those guys.  They might beat Texas and Florida but those kids would compete their asses off.  I remember back in the day when Nike used to have those 7 on 7 Football games and an announcer said These Texas and Florida kids been woofing at each other all week.  I tell you what they don't like confidence.  So similar with athletes.  And arguably the 2 most athletic states with Football, Basketball, Track and Baseball. 

37 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

And I say like always, if Jamaica gets to put their best together, they won't lose.

The anchor for Calabar is Michael Stephens, who's PB is the same as Boling (10.22) and like with the video the other day of Boling's anchor leg speed,  this is Stephens reeling in an anchor for team that ran a 40.56 lol.    Love those air horns.   Race starts at 1:30.   

The slow motion of Stephens passing and strolling in is worth a look at the end, 3:10 - 3:20 mark.  :) 

Calabar actually lost in the finals, but it looked like they had the lead when Stephens pulled up with an injury (hamstring probably).    Video at bottom (first race).  

12 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

The anchor for Calabar is Michael Stephens, who's PB is the same as Boling (10.22) and like with the video the other day of Boling's anchor leg speed,  this is Stephens reeling in an anchor for team that ran a 40.56 lol.    Love those air horns.   Race starts at 1:30.   The slow motion of Stephens passing and strolling in is worth a look at the end.  :) 

Calabar actually lost in the finals, but it looked like they had the lead when Stephens pulled up with an injury (hamstring probably).    Video at bottom (first race).  

The team that won it has an anchor who's long jumped 8.05m and has an 13.06 110 hurdle.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

And I say like always, if Jamaica gets to put their best together, they won't lose.

4 texas kids ran a 39.30 before all 18 and under.  If you take the best 18 year olds and under against the 4 best of Texas and Florida combined they will in fact lose.  One of their full teams that won the Penn Relays got smoked in the Great Southwest by 4 texas kids.  Also 3 Fl kids and 1 La. kid ran like a 3:05:00 4x400.  Don't sleep on the 2 fastest states in the Nation.   I respect Jamaica any track guy would but not intimidated by them. 

Jamaica runs kids up to age 19.  

@golfaddict1

Clearly Texas don't be messing around either.  

Look at these kids.  Flat out getting it.   Whenever you see Desoto in 6th place best believe it was some serious speed in front of them. 🤣

Finals                                                                       
  1 Katy Seven Lakes                                      39.80   20         
     1) #2750 Pratt, Thomas 12          2) #2749 Broome, Lance 11            
     3) #2752 Williams, Chris 12        4) #2748 Bloomfield, Jahquan 12      
  2 Conroe The Woodlands                                  39.98   16         
     1) #2417 Alexander, DeAngelo 12    2) #2423 Lanier, Jake 12             
     3) #2418 Bonner, Ethan 12          4) #2420 Carter, Kesean 12           
  3 Cedar Hill                                            40.08   12         
     1) #2375 Young, Vincent 12         2) #2368 Bright, Quinshone 10        
     3) #2370 Fleming, Cameron 12       4) #2369 Fleeks, Josh 12             
  4 Converse Judson                                       40.17    8         
     1) #2432 Johnson, Willie 12        2) #2429 Crawford, Dre-Quan 11       
     3) #2436 Richburg, Shawn 12        4) #2435 Morgan, Kenyon 11           
  5 Cypress Ridge                                         40.29    4         
     1) #2463 Crowe, Cameron 11         2) #2464 Griffin, Robert 09          
     3) #2465 Horton, Kaylon 12         4) #2466 Jackson, Jakobe 12          
  6 DeSoto                                                40.35    2         
     1) #2519 Harrison, Kennedy 11      2) #2523 McGraw, Deonte 11           
     3) #2518 Goodman, Zavian 11        4) #2526 Smith, Donovan 11           
  7 Tyler                                                 40.37              
     1) #3288 Crawford, Kitan 10        2) #3292 Humber, Ke'Tavion 12        
     3) #3290 Givens Washington, Michae 4) #3293 McMiller, Caleb 11  
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

The team that won it has an anchor who's long jumped 8.05m and has an 13.06 110 hurdle.  

Wow.  Wayne Pinnock, 18 yr old.   That’s a name I’ll follow thx.  That 13.06 was into a headwind too dang.  Long jump was also. 

@DarterBlue still posting or having a break?   I think he mentioned he attended KC. 

What happened that time They Sent their Penn Relays champ and Texas sent their 4 best kids. 

Jamaica got their asses smoked with Smalling running Anchor.  I have seen what would happen.  We are not those slow ass Pennsylvania and Virginia and NY along with Mass etc. 

Smoked.  4 HS kids 18 and under 39.20 fastest time ever ran by HS kids in America.  Jamaica has 19 yr olds. 

That Texas Smoke.  Texas has the Best Stick game in the 4X100 In America.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

What happened that time They Sent their Penn Relays champ and Texas sent their 4 best kids. 

Jamaica got their asses smoked with Smalling running Anchor.  I have seen what would happen.  We are not those slow ass Pennsylvania and Virginia and NY along with Mass etc. 

Smoked.  4 HS kids 18 and under 39.20 fastest time ever ran by HS kids in America.  Jamaica has 19 yr olds. 

That Texas Smoke.  Texas has the Best Stick game in the 4X100 In America.  

Again that wasn't their 4 best individuals.  

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

4 texas kids ran a 39.30 before all 18 and under.  If you take the best 18 year olds and under against the 4 best of Texas and Florida combined they will in fact lose.  One of their full teams that won the Penn Relays got smoked in the Great Southwest by 4 texas kids.  Also 3 Fl kids and 1 La. kid ran like a 3:05:00 4x400.  Don't sleep on the 2 fastest states in the Nation.   I respect Jamaica any track guy would but not intimidated by them. 

Jamaica runs kids up to age 19.  

We've already gone over this.  USA runs kids that are also 19 their senior year.