Official 2019 Boot Baller Thread!

RedZone

58 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Keeping it in the Boot.

La-Lafayette Ragin Cajuns had the #1 recruiting class in the Sun Belt Conference this year. The Cajuns signed 25 3* prospects with 18 of those coming from the Boot.

Perspective, Rutgers (Big 10) signed 21 3* prospects...zero 4* or 5* prospects.

Texas Tech (Big 12) signed 16 3* prospects and zero 4* or 5*.

Small class for the Red Raiders.

Cajun 2019 recruiting class

https://247sports.com/college/louisiana/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

Cajun Stadium (capacity 45,000)

Cajun_Field.jpg

Bump

I think that's the curtain call on the LiberalDonaldTrump show. 

He managed to edit out the content while I was in the process of issuing a warning. Idk why he chose to stalk Redzone from thread to thread with not only trolling but he was pretty consistent with abusive type behavior as well. 

Actual football content is few and far between this time of year. We need to foster the content we have and learn when we are crossing lines that can and will deter members from posting actual football content. That line is usually when the creating user balks or another member points it out, or eventually a mod steps up and says something. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He managed to edit out the content while I was in the process of issuing a warning. Idk why he chose to stalk Redzone from thread to thread with not only trolling but he was pretty consistent with abusive type behavior as well. 

Actual football content is few and far between this time of year. We need to foster the content we have and learn when we are crossing lines that can and will deter members from posting actual football content. That line is usually when the creating user balks or another member points it out, or eventually a mod steps up and says something. 

Talking any type of football is NOT suppose to be this difficult.  

Crazy.....

It's not even about football any longer here truthfully. 

People shitting on everything. There's a way to jab and there's a way to look like a dumbass.

"dumbass" appears to be winning out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Talking any type of football is NOT suppose to be this difficult.  

Crazy.....

It's not even about football any longer here truthfully. 

People shitting on everything. There's a way to jab and there's a way to look like a dumbass.

"dumbass" appears to be winning out.

I think we get some crossover of feuds from the OT section at times for one thing. I kind of always knew and expected that would happen. Not sure if that's what this thing was about or not, but, whatever. 

This past season and year, this site seems to be at a bit of a crossroads imo. We on the one hand, have coaches and other important guests recognizing this site as a place worth speaking and getting a message out. 

It's a unique site in that we do have a platform where fans can discuss football and national level coaches and reporters, even other site owners come on and try to share content. We get the opportunity to chop it up some as well. At the same time, we have the issues of some users not being able to understand that there needs to be some limitations and they have apparent inabilities to understand when they're being more detrimental than helpful or funny. 

I'm not trying to kill a good time for people, but, when our good time is killing the good time of others... 

All I can do is hope that I'm not being more detrimental than helpful as I try to juggle these issues when they arise from a moderation p.o.v. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

👏🏿.  Bravo!!!   

• Like 1

Was reading over a couple threads last night late and saw where gardenball, nj shit on the "publics" yet again. Just shook my head.

I GET nj has 2 or 3 decent privates some years, no publics and no college football. I get that. I understand his hatred of everything "public". It's probably more political than anything else.

But, there is something wrong him too.

When public high schools have to defend their right to be here on a national high school football forum that sucks.....I get they don't play "enough" OOS games to suit the people that live and die for that sort of thing, but come on!

I went to private school all my life and I don't have that sickness. 

• Like 1

We each have unique opinions of what HSFB is supposed to be about. I for one can appreciate that we are all different and have opposing views on what it is or should be to be considered a "national level" team. 

GSB has a particular opinion about this as do I and we have and probably will again butt heads over it. 

He doesn't straight up troll nearly every thread with attacks and he also brings good content. He takes a lot of ribbing for "overselling" sometimes also, but, he has also been integral in helping get these Q&A threads with V.I.P. guests as well as being a huge proponent of OOS matchups, which is more or less the bread and butter of this site. 

These opinionated members and different opinions are what drives the conversation and this is the most redeeming quality of the site. We just simply can't have constant attacks on other members or football related content which is what has brought on the recent bans of a couple of different users. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We each have unique opinions of what HSFB is supposed to be about. I for one can appreciate that we are all different and have opposing views on what it is or should be to be considered a "national level" team. 

GSB has a particular opinion about this as do I and we have and probably will again butt heads over it. 

He doesn't straight up troll nearly every thread with attacks and he also brings good content. He takes a lot of ribbing for "overselling" sometimes also, but, he has also been integral in helping get these Q&A threads with V.I.P. guests as well as being a huge proponent of OOS matchups, which is more or less the bread and butter of this site. 

These opinionated members and different opinions are what drives the conversation and this is the most redeeming quality of the site. We just simply can't have constant attacks on other members or football related content which is what has brought on the recent bans of a couple of different users. 

All I know is if Colquitt County doesn't play any OOS games this year or only one they are a scared rabbit....and you will hear about it for 9 months. How fun is that?

Meanwhile, SJC is the new pagan god and shrines will be built. lol

• Haha 2

The #19 Boot BasketBallers took out #5 Kentucky last night in Lexington. 73-71

Hell of game.

LSU could win the SEC! 

Solid squad this year.

LSU is 20-4 and 10-1 in SEC play....7 SEC games left which includes #1 Tennessee.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2820328-ap-college-basketball-poll-2019-complete-week-15-rankings-released.amp.html

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

The #19 Boot BasketBallers took out #5 Kentucky last night in Lexington. 73-71

Hell of game.

LSU could win the SEC! 

Solid squad this year.

LSU is 20-4 and 10-1 in SEC play....7 SEC games left which includes #1 Tennessee.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2820328-ap-college-basketball-poll-2019-complete-week-15-rankings-released.amp.html

Haven’t followed them too closely this year but they seem to be having a great season so far. I know that kid Marlon Taylor from Mt Vernon has some big hops.  Kid was a a high flyer in HS - was fun to watch around here.  Haven’t been following him too much on LSU....how’s he doing down there?  Does he get minutes?

1 hour ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I know that kid Marlon Taylor from Mt Vernon has some big hops.  Kid was a a high flyer in HS - was fun to watch around here.  Haven’t been following him too much on LSU....how’s he doing down there?  Does he get minutes?

Plays about 23 minutes a game and averages close to 8.......big jumper!

Scored 7 last night and we needed every one of them. He had a monster alley-oop dunk last night that quieted the state of Kentucky. Better than the one that made the ESPN Sportscenter Top 10 vs Georgia........can't find it yet though.

He can jump..vs Georgia.