2019 De La Salle Schedule

Blueliner

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

For all the success Logan has had, he has let a few get away.

SBG was probably Folsom’s worse game of year and they were in an unenviable situation 

I’m not much of a college football better but when I feel like a favored team is going to a bowl game they’re really not very excited about they tend to perform poorly and I always bet against 

I think that affected CC a bit in ‘10 and Folsom last year.  Folsom had recently beaten a better San Diego team by 10 TDs 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Tell Terry Edison, who was very nice to me when I talked to him, to kick STA,s ass.....Tell him a Bosco guy told you that...💪💪😡😡😡

I’ve moved away — not sure when I’ll see terry again but our daughter’s are great friends so I will pass along

anything to help him remember?  The super handsome Bosco guy built like a racing tank?

10 hours ago, Ararar said:

You are the only one being defensive.So much so you felt the need to make up some ridiculous analogy that has no actual bearing on anything.

Theres nothing wrong with what DLS does in recruiting kids to a sports program.Theres no need to defend it so why do you feel the need.? This is what Private schools do and more what they have to do since they are dependent on tuition 

There is no distinction.All privates do exactly the same thing so stop being defensive about it.DLS obviously doesn’t feel bad about it nor should they 

This is just dumb

were you looking for a response to this drivel?

ill take it as a concession from someone unwilling to even acknowledge the sky is blue and sun rises in the east 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Nothing to gain/ everything to lose 

About how you guys felt about playing Palo Alto instead of DLS in 2010 I’d suspect 

Ok, on the one hand you’ll crow about Folsom’s titles, but on the other, suggest they couldn’t get up for a title game because it represented nothing to gain?  Why wasn’t this the case in 2014?  Was that game somehow more important?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pops said:

SBG was probably Folsom’s worse game of year and they were in an unenviable situation 

I’m not much of a college football better but when I feel like a favored team is going to a bowl game they’re really not very excited about they tend to perform poorly and I always bet against 

I think that affected CC a bit in ‘10 and Folsom last year.  Folsom had recently beaten a better San Diego team by 10 TDs 

Where’s Sammy? You talk about excuse thread material. Holy shit! Lmao Pops! You’re a dandy

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pops said:

The truth is a mystery to you 

Pops you’re acting like a man who just got shown a video of his girl cheating on him from her own Instagram video and refuses to accept it 😂.I always post Evidence to support my assertions while all you have is an opinion 😂 it’s a losing strategy to continually use your opinion as evidence 😂 I’ll leave you alone I’ve sufficiently made my point 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Ok, on the one hand you’ll crow about Folsom’s titles, but on the other, suggest they couldn’t get up for a title game because it represented nothing to gain?  Why wasn’t this the case in 2014?  Was that game somehow more important?

2014 was their biggest title game ever — 2010 was D2 

that’s one difference 

then 2014 happened, raising the bar,

then 2017 happened, making this their first return trip 

man’s, I imagine they have some sense of the sort of discussion that goes on here — if nothing else, Block would have told them all as he was hydrating them 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

2014 was their biggest title game ever — 2010 was D2 

that’s one difference 

then 2014 happened, raising the bar,

then 2017 happened, making this their first return trip 

Last, I imagine they have some sense of the sort of discussion that goes on here — if nothing else, Block would have told them all as he was hydrating them 

i wasn’t trying to be controversial by sharing a thought that sometimes a team that looks at a game as a prize/ challenge outperforms a team that views it as a consolation/ (dare say embarrassment vs expectations)

what is really your issue?  You don’t believe folsom is a top 5 CA team over last decade?  

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Pops has several posts in this thread that may warrant an unprecedented offseason opening of the Excuse Thread.  

Pops already in mid season form. 

Excuse for what?

were debating whether Folsom is a top 5 CA team (this year, this decade, whatever) and OUTSIDE OF LOSING TO DLS (which isn’t an indictment on anyone especially in CA), the worst thing your mob can come up with is a close win vs socal top 10

would defending Cindy Crawford in defense of her mole be excuse thread material ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ararar said:

Pops you’re acting like a man who just got shown a video of his girl cheating on him from her own Instagram video and refuses to accept it 😂.I always post Evidence to support my assertions while all you have is an opinion 😂 it’s a losing strategy to continually use your opinion as evidence 😂 I’ll leave you alone I’ve sufficiently made my point 

In terms of a smoking gun, you think a link to a DLS site offering 8th graders an opportunity to check out the school is of the same magnitude in regards to recruiting as being shown video of someone fu*king your wife/ girlfriend is if that she’s cheating?

i can’t tell if you’re trying to be funny, just electing to be stubbornly obtuse, or are just dumb 

help me out 

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

In terms of a smoking gun, you think a link to a DLS site offering 8th graders an opportunity to check out the school is of the same magnitude in regards to recruiting as being shown video of someone fu*king your wife/ girlfriend is if that she’s cheating?

i can’t tell if you’re trying to be funny, just electing to be stubbornly obtuse, or are just dumb 

help me out 

You’re the only person in this whole thread purposely being obtuse.I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure your comprehension is better than what you’re trying to pass off in your last post 😂 

12 minutes ago, Pops said:

i wasn’t trying to be controversial by sharing a thought that sometimes a team that looks at a game as a prize/ challenge outperforms a team that views it as a consolation/ (dare say embarrassment vs expectations)

what is really your issue?  You don’t believe folsom is a top 5 CA team over last decade?  

I think you’re just fomenting a bit to support your position on Folsom.  Imagine if I suggested that the main reason Centennial lost to DLS in the 2015 title game was simply that after defeating SJB for the SS title, the game against DLS was nothing more than an anti-climatic obligation and thus they were mentally not prepared?   You would likely consider that absurd, but that would just be an extension of your logic.  However, since I am so befuddled by truth as you suggest, what do I know?

Regarding Folsom as top 5 CA team over the last decade, who can really say?  Top 2 in Nor Cal, certainly.  Top 10 in CA sure.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Pops said:

Excuse for what?

were debating whether Folsom is a top 5 CA team (this year, this decade, whatever) and OUTSIDE OF LOSING TO DLS (which isn’t an indictment on anyone especially in CA), 

Hence the difference between how SoCal guys view Folsom vs how Norcal guys grade them.

norcal says "Folsom should be State Top 5 Cuz they never lost to anyone except DLS.

SoCal says "There are 10-20 teams in the state that would have an identical record or better  than the devil, if they played the exact same opponents over the past 5 years.

OOS guys say "Yeah but who has the devil beat in the past 5 years"?  Anyone in the State Top 5?  Top 7?  Top 8?  Top 9?  ......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Hence the difference between how SoCal guys view Folsom vs how Norcal guys grade them.

norcal says "Folsom should be State Top 5 Cuz they never lost to anyone except DLS.

SoCal says "There are 10-20 teams in the state that would have an identical record or better  than the devil, if they played the exact same opponents over the past 5 years.

OOS guys say "Yeah but who has the devil beat in the past 5 years"?  Anyone in the State Top 5?  Top 7?  Top 8?  Top 9?  ......

Then the socal guys are stupid

tell me EITHER any team besides CC in socal that could match Folsom’s record last 10 years or any besides the Big 3 that could the last 5 playing the same schedule

They have 3 national top 10 finishes at CP and CP has a socal bias 

if I suggested that the main reason Centennial lost to DLS in the 2015 title game was simply that after defeating SJB for the SS title, the game against DLS was nothing more than an anti-climatic obligation and thus they were mentally not prepared?   You would likely consider that absurd, 

I would consider that absurd.  CC was playing for a unanimous MNC against a team that beat them by 21 the year before, 20 a couple of years before that, had won 5 of previous 6 SBG Opens (the game being played), and The game was considered well matched or maybe CC was even a slight dog 

But that would just be an extension of your logic.  

Would it?  Really?

19 hours ago, On2whls said:

the sbg for folsom in 2014  had a lot more riding on it because they had something to prove after the Folsom Rule was enacted. They were humiliated and put in their place the previous 2 seasons against Dela. This past season it was all on the line for them in game 1, to steal a win from Dela, when Dela typically is far from their best. Folsom had a very good and worthy top 25 type of team, but they shot themselves in the foot by the lame ass schedule they usually have. The difference between their start of season and end of season was pretty dramatic to me. When I saw them against Monterey Trail , a nothing team, in playoffs, they were sloppy, unmotivated and were actually tied late in first half. Beginning of season they would have been up by 50 at half against a team like that. They were so over confident and it showed. It also showed the huge difference between a coaching staff like Dela has, and the one like Folsom had. The coaches of Dela would have found a way to at least halfway motivate team and keep hunger alive, even though they were playing for a 2nd tier championship in sbg.  Kind of like  being relegated to having to accept an invitation to NIT tourney because you missed out on the big dance in the NCAA.  Folsom has only themselves to blame, and it seems like they never learn and schedule up.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pops said:

Then the socal guys are stupid

tell me EITHER any team besides CC in socal that could match Folsom’s record last 10 years or any besides the Big 3 that could the last 5 playing the same schedule

They have 3 national top 10 finishes at CP and CP has a socal bias 

Past 5 years.  

MD, SJB, Cen10, MV, JSerra, Upland, DLS, Westfake, OLU, Jokes, to name a few off the top of my head 

All would have the same or better record as the devil playing Folsom Opponents 

• Like 1