2019 De La Salle Schedule

Blueliner

1 hour ago, Cal 14 said:

Sorry... forgot those hypothetical matchups only apply to SoCal teams.  🙄

image.png.5ba9cbbe0831788b70746ff997785872.png

And how many possessions better than Cathedral Catholic was Folsom before...you know...they actually played the game .You fellas tickle me with your delusions 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ararar said:

And how many possessions better than Cathedral Catholic was Folsom before...you know...they actually played the game .You fellas tickle me with your delusions 

Cathedral was surprisingly better than I anticipated. Their RB was a straight beast and defense was solid. With that being said, Daniyel Ngata was non-existent dealing with an ankle injury he had against Central. This played a big factor in the outcome. 

Also, does anyone actually think SJB was only one possession better than JSerra?  Or that DLS was one possession better than Buchanan?  Sometimes the better teams don't always play their A games and the outcomes become much closer. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Cathedral was surprisingly better than I anticipated. Their RB was a straight beast and defense was solid. With that being said, Daniyel Ngata was non-existent dealing with an ankle injury he had against Central. This played a big factor in the outcome. 

Hey Sammy! Here’s another NoCal post for the excuse thread. Lol

21 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Also, does anyone actually think SJB was only one possession better than JSerra?  Or that DLS was one possession better than Buchanan?  Sometimes the better teams don't always play their A games and the outcomes become much closer. 

That’s what they get for

scoring 88 points in a football game

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

I didn't predict a score, but I did suggest it wasn't going to be the demolition that others did.

From a post on NorCalPreps:

image.thumb.png.344e0c68147c77964383398e95430886.png

• Looking back at this post, it looks like I was 100% correct.  Cathedral Catholic was a better defensive team and was probably a little better than 2014 Oceanside on offense.  Couple that to the fact that 2018 Folsom was not as good as 2014 (I don't recall anyone disagreeing with that at the time) and you end up with a closer game.  The fact it still went into overtime is still surprising, but not that it was competitive.

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Also, does anyone actually think SJB was only one possession better than JSerra?  Or that DLS was one possession better than Buchanan? 

Or that SJB was really only 14 points better than Chaminade?  Sure, sometimes superior teams don’t play their best game.  That shit happens. But in this Hatfield and McCoys situation we got going on.....

BTW, the Cathedral back was a beast, but there has to be room to maneuver.  Whoever is coaching that O line understands complex blocking schemes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

I didn't predict a score, but I did suggest it wasn't going to be the demolition that others did.

• Looking back at this post, it looks like I was 100% correct.  Cathedral Catholic was a better defensive team and was probably a little better than 2014 Oceanside on offense.  Couple that to the fact that 2018 Folsom was not as good as 2014 (I don't recall anyone disagreeing with that at the time) and you end up with a closer game.  The fact it still went into overtime is still surprising, but not that it was competitive.

I don’t think anyone thought Folsom was going to win by 45 but the majority thought it was a 21 point win.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

I don’t think anyone thought Folsom was going to win by 45 but the majority thought it was a 21 point win.

No arguement 

only dissension point is whether a performance below the spread (but still a championship win vs a very respectable team) ought to knock Folsom off the pedestal they’d earned thru a decade of achievement 

I don’t think anyone else in CA, inc DLS and CC, can play competitively with either SJB or MD in the present environment, but think Folsom ought to schedule as much of the next best — ie DLS, CC, MV, JSerra as possible.  Then again, it’ll be interesting to see if Richardson built a program that will outlast him playing at that level 

40 minutes ago, Pops said:

I don’t think anyone else in CA, inc DLS and CC, can play competitively with either SJB or MD in the present environment,

I agree with this.  From DLS perspective though, at least they only have to conjure up a game plan to beat one of them.  Any SS team not named MD or SJB has to go through both of them in succession.  Imagine the plight of a team like MV who might need to get through a Cen10 or JSerra as well.  

The chance of a So Cal public winning the SS title for the foreseeable future is about 0.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I agree with this.  From DLS perspective though, at least they only have to conjure up a game plan to beat one of them.  Any SS team not named MD or SJB has to go through both of them in succession.  Imagine the plight of a team like MV who might need to get through a Cen10 or JSerra as well.  

The chance of a So Cal public winning the SS title for the foreseeable future is about 0.

Agreed

you probably don’t remembered touting you guys but I remember even before the current steep hurdle of likely having to beat 2 of the top 5 teams in the country annually just to get to the championship game, CC in particular, has been in the “worst spot” since there were play-in games to SBG in ‘12.  I believe in ‘12 when you guys lost to DLS you had beaten top 10 national teams in back to back weeks just to get there 

I remember defending you guys to non-CA guys around that time with basically the same message — they’re a really good team, don’t hold DLS against them (btw, am not saying folsom is as accomplished as you guys — you’re still #2 on my last decade list even without an SBG title — CC has been SoCal’s (and CA’s)  top public since ‘07

4 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

You post was not 100% correct.   Not even close.  You alluded that the score would be somewhat close to 55-10 but not quite that  bad.  You were waaaaaaay off from the actual outcome.  In addition you were so confident on Folsom, you would not have even conceived the tight game that actually happened because Folsom is just not as good as they are made out to be

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You post was not 100% correct.   Not even close.  You alluded that the score would be somewhat close to 55-10 but not quite that  bad.  You were waaaaaaay off from the actual outcome.  In addition you were so confident on Folsom, you would not have even conceived the tight game that actually happened because Folsom is just not as good as they are made out to be

Others were predicting 55-10.  I said, that that wasn't going to be the case.  I said that Cathedral Catholic was better than the Oceanside team of 2014.  Folsom clearly wasn't as good as in 2014.  My post was indicating that it wasn't going to be a complete domination.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

That was lame. Damn, NoCal is sorry!! Lol

My 1st thumbs down...and it came from you.  I can take and even appreciate a good smart ass but you need more material.  Here is a hint- make it interesting and explain why you keep repeating the same old 'NorCal no good and me no like' routine.  

Or you can continue offering your drivel and hope to earn a year-end award for the poster whose "point of view that sucks the most".

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

The only one who gets credit for Being “100%” correct in the D1-AA Bowl game prediction is the Genius Dude From San Diego who wrote the Article in the Paper Predicting a CC Win!...🤣

That Dude was closer then all of us and Even He wasn’t 100% Correct!.... 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2