At NASCAR in Bristol reporting 100,000 empty seats

HooverOutlaw

On 4/11/2019 at 5:52 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

That's what racing was about for me in the early 90s. 

Spur of the moment bad ideas! Hahaha. 

Go all the way to Talladega with hardly any money. Enough to buy a couple of tickets, gas there and back and actually maybe even sleep in the car or bed of the truck depending on which time I went. 

Later in the 90s we got a little better. Atlanta was a day trip usually, but we did move up from sleeping in the car to staying at the Scottish Inn at Apopka when going to Daytona, and would stay all the way in Montgomery when going to Talladega. Across from the Ampitheater we got a good deal on some rooms the last time we did that and 3 Doors Down was playing there so we just sat out front of our room drinking Crown and Coke.

Now and days, I plan a little better. Hahaha. Well, a lot better. At the same time I'm more able to do so now too. 

It helps to have pretty durn alright friends and other connections too. 

What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?

8 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?

HawgGoneIt sets up and blueprints mechanical rooms for sealed grow rooms for the SOWEGA Cartel. 

He’s filthy rich... ooops did I out somebody?

Breaking Bad is a loose autobiography, and I mean loose, HawgGoneIt is much better looking... that’s what I heard from someone I barely knew. 

Regards

BGW

• Haha 2

On 4/11/2019 at 9:12 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

On t.v. I prefer short track racing. In person I prefer Talladega and Daytona. 

I liked Atlanta because it was the closest place and I have some good memories from the March race there too. 

The 400 on Saturday night in Daytona is really tough to top for me. Under the lights in Daytona with a huge fireworks show after. 

There is something different to love about each venue which is part of what I like about the sport. 

Seeing the images that Blackhatter posted from his seats in Vegas makes me want to try there. 

It will always be tough to beat the memories of that sticky carpet at the Scottish Inn in Apopka though! Hahahaha

One time in Atlanta, I checked into a forty year old Red Carpet Inn. Been in the 2nd (and top) floor room for about 20 minutes when my wife notices Ladies of the Evening strutting back and forth in the parking lot facing the road. Their pimp was standing in the shade on the stair well to our floor. "We are not staying here," screams my wife. Surprisingly, the desk clerk canceled my one night charge with no questions asked. Another time we checked in that hotel/motel in Chattanooga where you can rent a room in an old fancied up train car. We lasted ten minutes there. The bed comforter was disgustingly stained and the rest of the car wasn't any cleaner. They transferred us to a regular room in a newer section.... Been in New Orleans for several days and about to checkout when out of the blue I remember the 1996 Olympics are happening in Atlanta. Instead of heading towards home we shoot up there with no event tickets or hotel reservations. I find a room at a Holiday Inn just outside the city where the Marathon race was run. It's on Martin Luther King Boulevard. Get the key and while looking for a parking space there's a chauffeur standing next to a big white limousine with a large crowd standing around it. The limo license plate says "Holy One." I park and walk over and stand next to a group of hotel maids. They point to a 2nd floor corner room and say Evander Holyfied is up there with a lady friend. He keeps peeping out the window hoping the crowd will go away. We aren't going anywhere!  About an hour and a half later, bags still in my car, he comes out alone and walks down the steps with the biggest smile on his face. He's mobbed by the crowd. He stays and takes pictures with whoever has a camera. I get a great shot when he wraps his arm around my young daughter's shoulder.              

• Like 3