Congrats Coach Justin Rogers !!!!!

Rufus69

18 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

What if Probst is cleared by that other agency and turns out to be an innocent man? Does that cause havoc or not? 

It creates a slander/libel lawsuit. Probably a big one. 

It also causes the tar kettle that's been heating to get super hot and a few folks get tarred and feathered I imagine. 

Justin Rogers will still be the coach. He didn't have anything to do with the bull that's been going on. 

The havoc will be elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It creates a slander/libel lawsuit. Probably a big one. 

It also causes the tar kettle that's been heating to get super hot and a few folks get tarred and feathered I imagine. 

Justin Rogers will still be the coach. He didn't have anything to do with the bull that's been going on. 

The havoc will be elsewhere.

Probably a big one.... 

Lolol... Rush will own Colquitt county if even 1 thing is found to be false.... 

Libel like this can destroy someone's livelihood... 

That's why you gotta have your facts straight... 

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

What if Probst is cleared by that other agency and turns out to be an innocent man? Does that cause havoc or not? 

I'd imagine a hefty lawsuit would be levied against the school system, the superintendent fired, and a possible forced removal of the board members are all possibilities.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'd imagine a hefty lawsuit would be levied against the school system, the superintendent fired, and a possible forced removal of the board members are all possibilities.

I really think the board members are insulated by the superintendent. They only had the information given to them by the investigator who also happened to be the superintendent. 

I think it would take a recall election or something similar to remove the board members prior to their terms' end.

Not that I wouldn't love to see them all ran out on a rail...

1713901784_download(1).jpeg.3f59e9d1da137035fac80467225f772f.jpeg

download.jpeg.5da7cb23faafdd0407fa39e53b655235.jpeg

2066997174_download(2).jpeg.29b596425549fe5714342a2bd707a4bf.jpeg

images.jpeg.536719e5de683b2327865dc55e384b13.jpeg

xD

There possibly could be a lawsuit...but I don't think it would be all that earth-shattering.  I personally didn't appreciate nor approve of the way Rush's firing was handled...but truthfully the Board could simply choose not to renew his contract for any reason whatsoever.  i did think Doug's letter was uncalled for.  I think he got so concerned about trying to cover their decision to terminate that he stepped over the line.  That decision could be costly.

As far as the Board members...you'll pretty much hafta vote them out of office when their term is over.  I've heard that a few of them probably wouldn't even run again.  The die has been cast.  The Program has moved on.  Rush should do the same...with perhaps a trunk load of pesos.  But litigation is tricky.  It doesn't always go the way you think it will.  

I believe it was Bobby Seger who said....Turn The Page.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I really think the board members are insulated by the superintendent. They only had the information given to them by the investigator who also happened to be the superintendent. 

I think it would take a recall election or something similar to remove the board members prior to their terms' end.

Not that I wouldn't love to see them all ran out on a rail...

1713901784_download(1).jpeg.3f59e9d1da137035fac80467225f772f.jpeg

download.jpeg.5da7cb23faafdd0407fa39e53b655235.jpeg

2066997174_download(2).jpeg.29b596425549fe5714342a2bd707a4bf.jpeg

images.jpeg.536719e5de683b2327865dc55e384b13.jpeg

xD

I believe the state government has the power to remove the BoE members, but I'm not completely sure of that though.

• Like 1

Not sure there is provable corruption in the Colquitt County BOE. 

I can see conflict of interest in one member who has a kid on the team. While I've heard this member was at times disgruntled with Rush as it pertained to the kid, not sure if there is enough there to say there was some corruption without making a connect-a-dot pile of dung like the superintendent did.