OT: USA Today: Trump's Connections to the Russian Mob

BigDrop

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

What was the date of this story? She Brasile has recently admitted she gave the debate questions to the Clinton camp. You can watch her admit it on the web. Do you think CNN fired her because she sucked?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

I am not even gonna bother

too many mistakes  and ridiculous assumptions to be bothered 

come on man 

What did I post that was a mistake or an assumption. Were 4 teens not arrested in Chicago for kidnapping and beating a special needs kids JUST because he was a Trump supporter? Were there not riots on the Berkley campus because the libs wanted to stop Milo from exercising his right of freedom of speech? At that same riot was a Trump supporter not pepper sprayed in the face? So exactly what did I say that was a mistake or an assumption nor?

16 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

What was the date of this story? She Brasile has recently admitted she gave the debate questions to the Clinton camp. You can watch her admit it on the web. Do you think CNN fired her because she sucked?

In this article she addresses those that claimed she admitted to the questions. (This interview was in March)  She admittantly denies it.  I didn't post this to make a stand one way or the other, I posted to show that news will report as they want it to be.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

What did I post that was a mistake or an assumption. Were 4 teens not arrested in Chicago for kidnapping and beating a special needs kids JUST because he was a Trump supporter? Were there not riots on the Berkley campus because the libs wanted to stop Milo from exercising his right of freedom of speech? At that same riot was a Trump supporter not pepper sprayed in the face? So exactly what did I say that was a mistake or an assumption nor?

You attempt to tither every horror story to a liberal social agenda. That is one giant logical fallacy after another. 

It's like me hating all conservatives because some shoot doctors or some join the KKK, it's just silly. 

Honest, take the time to think things through logically. I am not trying to convince you that your preference of conservative policies is "wrong." I am saying that you should not be a mindless parrot of wing nut rhetoric or left loon mantras. 

It is so funny. I still get pounded here in the real world because I recognize Trumps talent. Or because I accept that it's fair for the country to turn right based on the election. Yet here I am accused of being a left wing nut.

This country has no refuge for someone TRULY  in the middle, open to all dogma. 

Just yap yap yap. Chicago, liberal, I hate them. 

Mindless. 

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Yeah, stop tithering. 

That's the business of us religious dolts, not clear-thinking intellectual types like NOR.

damned, cant slip anything past you. I guess being tethered to God IS all it's cracked up to be.

Do you in fact tithe? Just curious...

anyone here engage?  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, thc6795 said:

... being upset with a team for winning 100-10. We have become nothing but a bunch of pussies.

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

What did I post that was a mistake or an assumption. 

It is not a new phenomenon that people are critical of scores such as 100-10. Sportsmanship has been around for quite some time, and I'd argue that those of us who are a bit longer in the tooth (and previous generations) were taught to have some respect for our opponents, just as people are taught now. We are now not pussies because we question running up the score as we always have. 

But like discussions involving politics and religion that used to be taboo because they generally change no opinions while creating hostility, the people who feel 100-10 scores are OK are now more vocal, so those who disagree are letting their ideas be heard too. 

People are similar to how we've been in the recent past, just more willing to express the "fuck it, I'm going to say what's on my mind" philosophy without thinking things through as comprehensively as we used to.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

In this article she addresses those that claimed she admitted to the questions. (This interview was in March)  She admittantly denies it.  I didn't post this to make a stand one way or the other, I posted to show that news will report as they want it to be.

A little girl was leaning into a lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, all under the eyes of her screaming parents
A biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly. A reporter has watched the whole event.
The reporter addressing the Harley rider says, "Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I've seen a man do in my whole life."
The Harley rider replies, "Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right."
The reporter says, "Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?" 
The biker replies "I'm a U.S. Marine, a Republican and I voted for Trump".
The journalist leaves.
The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:
** U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH. **
And THAT pretty much sums up the media's approach to the news these days.

5 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

It is not a new phenomenon that people are critical of scores such as 100-10. Sportsmanship has been around for quite some time, and I'd argue that those of us who are a bit longer in the tooth (and previous generations) were taught to have some respect for our opponents, just as people are taught now. We are now not pussies because we question running up the score as we always have. 

But like discussions involving politics and religion that used to be taboo because they generally change no opinions while creating hostility, the people who feel 100-10 scores are OK are now more vocal, so those who disagree are letting their ideas be heard too. 

People are similar to how we've been in the recent past, just more willing to express the "fuck it, I'm going to say what's on my mind" philosophy without thinking things through as comprehensively as we used to.

excellent post

The group long silent that now can';t shut it's mouth is the same group George jr gave a political voice  to and elected Trump.

It was better when they stayed silent. In my humble and honest opinion.  

7 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I am 50+ I am of the belief and always have been if you don't want me to score stop me. My job as a coach is not to make your team feel good about themselves. Now I would pull starters after a while. But if my back ups are wanting to score I would never not allow them to. Such as life. Life does not give you a break. War does not give you a break. Kids need to learn this at an early age. There are no participation trophies given in life.

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

I am 50+ I am of the belief and always have been if you don't want me to score stop me. My job as a coach is not to make your team feel good about themselves. Now I would pull starters after a while. But if my back ups are wanting to score I would never not allow them to. Such as life. Life does not give you a break. War does not give you a break. Kids need to learn this at an early age. There are no participation trophies given in life.

but we do give awards for top scorer so run it up!

At some point you do indeed stop them from scoring or you are MUCH worse than the participation award crowd.

Life is about balance. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

but we do give awards for top scorer so run it up!

At some point you do indeed stop them from scoring or you are MUCH worse than the participation award crowd.

Life is about balance. 

No Nor life is not fair there is no balance.  or the only balance is your perception. Death is about balance. We are all equal then  

Just now, NorCalRuss said:

in any event, I think the real issue here is that the poster only sees one side. 

hates the left for this but is fine with the right doing worse.

not upset at the FBI leaking Clinton crap or Putin dumping crap for Trump. 

see how that works? 

People see what they want to see and ignore what they don't want to know. 

They can pass a polygraph. 

Get it THC? 

9 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

A little girl was leaning into a lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, all under the eyes of her screaming parents
A biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly. A reporter has watched the whole event.
The reporter addressing the Harley rider says, "Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I've seen a man do in my whole life."
The Harley rider replies, "Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right."
The reporter says, "Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?" 
The biker replies "I'm a U.S. Marine, a Republican and I voted for Trump".
The journalist leaves.
The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:
** U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH. **
And THAT pretty much sums up the media's approach to the news these days.

Actually I'm not infatuated with the right or the left. The news sources will say what benefits their agenda.  I can give actual examples of each distorting facts and it goes back farther than this election.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

As I said, some people have always thought running up the score was OK. But most have agreed sports are not the same as war, and understanding sportsmanship takes precedence. As a coach, did you have your team shake hands and express "good game" to your opponents after a contest, or did you treat the other team as a corpse after killing an enemy?

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

As I said, some people have always thought running up the score was OK. But most have agreed sports are not the same as war, and understanding sportsmanship takes precedence. As a coach, did you have your team shake hands and express "good game" to your opponents after a contest, or did you treat the other team as a corpse after killing an enemy?

We shook hands regardless if we won or lost. Playing sports is not just about teaching sportsmanship. There is a lot more to it. Sports is about teaching life lessons. Kids need to learn at an early age life is not fair. That life does not hand out participation trophies. Otherwise you have collage kids asking not to go to class or asking campuses to provide them a safe place because something didn't go there way. Oh wait....  

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

We shook hands regardless if we won or lost. Playing sports is not just about teaching sportsmanship. There is a lot more to it. Sports is about teaching life lessons. Kids need to learn at an early age life is not fair. That life does not hand out participation trophies. Otherwise you have collage kids asking not to go to class or asking campuses to provide them a safe place because something didn't go there way. Oh wait....  

Back to your original statement that we have become pussies as evidenced by complaints about scores of 100-10. These concerns are by no means new, and don't have to do with being a pussy.

Just now, maxchoboian said:

Back to your original statement that we have become pussies as evidenced by complaints about scores of 100-10. These concerns are by no means new, and don't have to do with being a pussy.

I included complaining about running up the score, not as the only reason we have become a nation of pussies. I will also include wanting a safe place, not attending class, professors mockingly killing the president. Professors refusing to teach because they didn't like the outcome of the election. I can add more if you like.

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I included complaining about running up the score, not as the only reason we have become a nation of pussies. I will also include wanting a safe place, not attending class, professors mockingly killing the president. Professors refusing to teach because they didn't like the outcome of the election. I can add more if you like.

Correct, and then you asked what that you wrote was "a mistake or an assumption." To include complaints about running up the score as an example we are more pussies than we have been in the past is an incorrect assumption, from my point of view. 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Do you in fact tithe? Just curious...

A close cousin of the tithe.

Whether you're religious or not, it seems to me that if you have more than you need and someone else doesn't have the basic necessities of life through no fault of his own, then you have a reason to give. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Correct, and then you asked what that you wrote was "a mistake or an assumption." To include complaints about running up the score as an example we are more pussies than we have been in the past is an incorrect assumption, from my point of view. 

Just a difference of opinion then

27 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

A close cousin of the tithe.

Whether you're religious or not, it seems to me that if you have more than you need and someone else doesn't have the basic necessities of life through no fault of his own, then you have a reason to give. 

just what is fault of oneself? 

I agree with you but for this one line. 

3 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

If you rob, rape, murder, and pillage your way through life, we might well say Sorry when things turn out badly for you and you come by holding your hat in your hand. 

but don't we then spend even more money on you if this is your choice? Jail is far more expensive than welfare. 

Or do you mean you would execute people by the truck loads?