It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

I don't think people who are almost completely unfamiliar with OOS games should be commenting on the reasons for playing them.

Certainly exposure for their players is one of the factors but the main reason is team-building (traveling 6 hours by plane, staying several days, working through adversity, etc.)

That's a real thing that escapes fans of teams that play Tenoroc and Hialeah-Miami Lakes.

The Polk county school board has placed quite strict restrictions on long-distance travel in recent years. Difficult if not impossible to get a game a really long way away approved now. So, these benefits you speak of really aren't an option at the moment.

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

They didn't though.

STA was down by three touchdowns-19 points-with two and a half minutes to play. One late score against prevent D, aided by a cheap facemask penalty, closed it to 13 at the end. STA's defense was DONE, completely unable to handle the Jumbo Power I and those backs.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, badrouter said:

The Polk county school board has placed quite strict restrictions on long-distance travel in recent years. Difficult if not impossible to get a game a really long way away approved now. So, these benefits you speak of really aren't an option at the moment.

You're going to have to settle on a consistent excuse so we can figure out if what you're saying is true.

First, you claim that Lakeland doesn't care about OOS games. Then you turned around and claimed that they won't play them any more. Why? Because they weren't getting any credit!

So which one is it?

Somehow you've managed to make a third different claim.

Now the school board won't allow it.

Most people think it's a coincidence that when Lakeland thought of themselves as a national power they played 3 OOS games in 5 years (2005-09) and the moment they didn't, they stopped playing them.

• Thumbs Down 1

55 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Which STA team? The team that lost to Venice in 2017? Or another team?

The best Venice team in two decades was losing by 10 points at home to a 3-loss STA team with a Sophomore LB playing QB.

Any ordinary STA team kicks Venice's ass. It's been proven.

Stop being facetious.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The best Venice team in two decades was losing by 10 points at home to a 3-loss STA team with a Sophomore LB playing QB.

Any ordinary STA team kicks Venice's ass. It's been proven.

Stop being facetious.

And that STA team still had more D1 players on the bench than Venice had starting

Your excuses are pathetic, it's never STA fault they lose it's always one position holding them back

51 minutes ago, badrouter said:

STA was down by three touchdowns-19 points-with two and a half minutes to play. One late score against prevent D, aided by a cheap facemask penalty, closed it to 13 at the end. STA's defense was DONE, completely unable to handle the Jumbo Power I and those backs.

Three plays in which Lakeland had literally nothing to do with determined the 13-point margin.

Two missed short FGs and a kickoff that was half a yard from a touchback.

Even someone as blatantly dishonest as you can admit such an irrefutable fact. Lakeland was powerless to affect these things. Errors of commission on STA's part.

Everything else was even.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Your excuses are pathetic, it's never STA fault they lose it's always one position holding them

It was STA's fault.

In fact, my whole point is that Venice is irrelevant. They're just lucky. It was all on STA being down and having positional issues.

So you're not even smart enough to understand simple logic being laid out in front of you.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

It was STA's fault.

In fact, my whole point is that Venice is irrelevant. They're just lucky. It was all on STA being down and having positional issues.

So you're not even smart enough to understand simple logic being laid out in front of you.

Too bad they had a linebacker playing QB

Still had plenty of talent at other spots, I've seen teams mask bigger holes than that STA team had and win titles

In other words STA has to be a complete team to win titles in what you claimed was a weak class, you are an idiot

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Three plays in which Lakeland had literally nothing to do with determined the 13-point margin.

Two missed short FGs and a kickoff that was half a yard from a touchback.

Even someone as blatantly dishonest as you can admit such an irrefutable fact. Lakeland was powerless to affect these things. Errors of commission on STA's part.

Everything else was even.

Sounds like a STA problem

Maybe go find a better kicker 

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

There are 22 starting positions (11 offense and 11 defense)

You telling me a program as great as you claim STA to be aren't good enough to mask one weak spot on the team to beat Venice???

Not QB.

You know the position that touches the ball on every play.

And you ignore this very simple point: STA was still 2 minutes away from winning.

Venice is so incompetent that they needed a broken STA team to even scrape by.

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Too bad they had a linebacker playing QB

Still had plenty of talent at other spots, I've seen teams mask bigger holes than that STA team had and win titles

In other words STA has to be a complete team to win titles in what you claimed was a weak class, you are an idiot

I know that you don't understand football but QB has a disproportional affect on the outcome of games. Especially at schools like STA that depend on QB play.

Despite a Sophomore LB playing QB, STA still almost beat the best Venice team in 20 years at home.

The year before and year after, STA beat the ever-living hell out of them.

That's called proof of what I'm saying.

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

No, it means that even an average QB (and not a LB) and STA probably still wins. Even with all the other issues facing the 2017 team.

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Not QB.

You know the position that touches the ball on every play.

And you ignore this very simple point: STA was still 2 minutes away from winning.

Venice is so incompetent that they needed a broken STA team to even scrape by.

If Venice was so weak you could have idk ran the ball every play and play great defense

After all that's how most old school teams won their titles

I know you too stupid to do any real research of football that happened prior to STA actually having a state title but teams actually used to rely on power running not passing to win titles

Just now, The Guru said:

You don't understand football so it's hard to communicate simple concepts to you.

You don't either you braindead hillbilly

You have never coached, you have never been anymore than a towel boy

That's why you have to use petty insults to keep yourself relevant with everyone on here because you know in a true simple fact debate you would get exposed 

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I know you too stupid to do any real research of football that happened prior to STA actually having a state title but teams actually used to rely on power running not passing to win titles

It's a math equation, kid.

9 guys to block 11 isn't a favorable situation.

It isn't that difficult.

STA had a Sophomore LB at QB, a broken OL with no coach and still almost won.

Yet there are people who think Venice did something amazing.

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

So now educating someone on football is considered "petty insults."

Don't even try to play off like you show respect in your posts

Calling people clowns and retards are full on "petty insults" 

The moment you use that kind of childish behavior is the moment everyone knows you can't win arguments without going for cheap low blows