It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

No, they don't. If they did then they would have more marginal kids with some kind of college offer.

For a school of 1,000 boys and over 120+ kids in their football program to only have two offered kids is a disgrace.

Agree to disagree 

there are lots of big schools around the country that go decades between having a single D1 — there’s 100 of them for every academy school that skews your perspective 

DLS plays with local parochial kids and that’s above average 

what DLS kids really accelerate at is SUCCEEDING at the next level — DLS’s NFL/ D1 ratio may be tops In country — in fact, DLS owned the “most players currently in nfl” title before sta took it over when your ‘08 team started getting there and has never had more than 7 D1s in any class — they had a total of 2 BCS kids from ‘04-‘09 but sill sent 3 to NFL (and they owned title DURING this period).  I think that’s attributable to coaching.  

College coaches don’t look for what’s been developed — they care about raw talent — and DLS coaches don’t get involved in that department the way they do at STA and other academies 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pops said:

Be a good boy and reread the exchange — I’ll allow a multiple response to that post because you clearly weren’t following along 

I was describing your frequent insults especially how many people you call out for being the dumbest guy here 

am pretty sure the rest of us gathered that in the first pass thru superior reading comprehension 

Sorry for staying on topic.

I promise that I will keep doing it.

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

It's just silly you calling out someone for "excuses", skippy. You really shouldn't do it. Anyways.

St Aug (NOLA) is a NFL Football Factory..

DLS wins a lot of norcal games. xD

If STA manhandles DLS yet again you always have norcal to fall back on. Impressive streak!

And yet they dont rep well in marquee oos high school football games. 

11 minutes ago, Pops said:

Agree to disagree 

There's really no room for disagreement.

You can't keep pushing the "DLS does better at developing men" narrative when high school exists to prepare them for college and yet your coaches are historically bad at getting their kids to college.

I don't think the most important development in a kids life is learning about the mesh point of the veer. Apparently, DLS fans think it is.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

A 5* QB not playing his senior season is not an excuse...

You get bent out of shape if one of your little rugby RBs gets hurt. xD

Anyways. Don't you have some newer material?

OMG Fluffer!

yours aren’t excuses because you think they have more legitimacy somehow???!

How about a 4* QB that actually hurt his team by playing thru an injury sustained while earning Elite 11 recognition that required off-season surgery (and who had more success in college than your boy)

How is that different?

you crack me up 

16 minutes ago, Pops said:

there are lots of big schools around the country that go decades between having a single D1 — there’s 100 of them for every academy school that skews your perspective 

D1 is a big place, Pops.

Most of the P5 offers and some of the G5 offers can be directly attributed to physical talent. But it doesn't account for the rest of the D1 offers, FCS offers Ivy League offers, etc.

It's bad enough that a big school with as many competent high school football players and name recognition as DLS is this bad at getting their kids looks.

But it's another thing to be so dopey that you brag about it.

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Sorry for staying on topic.

I promise that I will keep doing it.

the entirety of the post I responded to was a personal insult 

don’t keep being a jackass — I know you’re smarter than you usually appear 

20 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS plays with local parochial kids and that’s above average 

Cut the "aw shucks" routine.

DLS is a big school (1,000+ kids) with a national recognized football program that once had the most players on NFL rosters.

They are not some slapdick like Modesto Central Catholic.

Them having 2 offers in May before the 2019 season is a disgrace. You bragging about it might be even worse.

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

There's really no room for disagreement.

You can't keep pushing the "DLS does better at developing men" narrative when high school exists to prepare them for college and yet your coaches are historically bad at getting their kids to college.

I don't think the most important development in a kids life is learning about the mesh point of the veer. Apparently, DLS fans think it is.

College is college 

D1 football is D1 football 

they are different things 

virtually every DLS kid goes to college of some sort 

the most important things DLS kids are learning aren’t about football

I know this must sound like Swahili to you

different values/ different perspectives

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

the entirety of the post I responded to was a personal insult 

don’t keep being a jackass — I know you’re smarter than you usually appear 

Food for thought

Just because STA Is a strong academic, Catholic school doesn't mean that Los is smart or a good Catholic 

Another good example is just because a school produces a solid number of NFL players don't mean they are going to be a strong program

Lakewood has I think 4 or 5 active NFL players but haven't sniffed winning a title 

23 minutes ago, Pops said:

what DLS kids really accelerate at is SUCCEEDING at the next level — DLS’s NFL/ D1 ratio may be tops In country — in fact, DLS owned the “most players currently in nfl” title before sta took it over when your ‘08 team started getting there and has never had more than 7 D1s in any class — they had a total of 2 BCS kids from ‘04-‘09 but sill sent 3 to NFL (and they owned title DURING this period).  I think that’s attributable to coaching.  

You really need to look into the concept of un-falsifiable arguments. It speaks to it's weakness, not strength.

So DLS putting so few players into college and one them going NFL and being non-BCS is attributable to coaching but if they put more into the college ranks you'd undoubtedly attribute it to coaching as well.

A perfectly un-falsifiable argument.

And how does the coaching at DLS get credited when a non-BCS college player makes an NFL roster? They seemingly didn't maximize his ability in high school if that's the case.

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

College is college 

D1 football is D1 football 

they are different things 

virtually every DLS kid goes to college of some sort 

I know this must sound like Swahili to you

different values/ different perspectives

Students at DLS who play football are the primary responsibility of the football coaching staff.

Don't be lame and use the cover that all DLS students go to college. So do 99.999% of students at all the good Catholic schools.

Do they get a free education? Do all the players who desire to play college football get a spot somewhere?

That answer is undoubtedly, no.

11 minutes ago, Pops said:

We have no evidence for this cliched claim.

Apparently, learning the mesh point of the veer is among the most important things that DLS players get out of their experience.

It certainly isn't college scholarships or a chance to play at the next level.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

Cut the "aw shucks" routine.

DLS is a big school (1,000+ kids) with a national recognized football program that once had the most players on NFL rosters.

They are not some slapdick like Modesto Central Catholic.

Them having 2 offers in May before the 2019 season is a disgrace. You bragging about it might be even worse.

You’re unraveling a bit earlier than normal — don’t get frustrated by my routine, I can hold it for years 

Clearly I know enrollment and NFL stats so you are clearly ignoring the point in my post that stressed there’s 100 big schools in country with zero recruits for every Academy team with 30+ D1s

I’m makimg the point to you about the NFL as a positive for the coaches to do so much with so little — if a kid is capable of making the NFL from DLS, he does.  MJD said he never worked harder at football than at DLS, not at UCLA and not in nfl.  One thing DLS coaches teach well is how to actually work when you are supposed to be working.  There’s a huge difference between spending 2 hours on the practice field “practicing” and working your ass for 2 hours in a way that will make real work look easy the rest of your life.  

Them having 2 D1s in May is normal, even for the team that held the title of most players in NFL pre STA — here’s an article from 2014, where they’re listed 5th (pull Caj’s head out of your lap and tell him higher than St Augie’s) and that’s with 2 BCS players in the previous 6 years (‘’04-‘09 kids would have been the last 6 classes for that study)

I know you never concede points, so I expect a topic change 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Food for thought

Just because STA Is a strong academic, Catholic school doesn't mean that Los is smart or a good Catholic 

Another good example is just because a school produces a solid number of NFL players don't mean they are going to be a strong program

Lakewood has I think 4 or 5 active NFL players but haven't sniffed winning a title 

The guy is not a dummy 

he’s not half as smart as he thinks he is but he’s no dummy 

we’re making same point about NFL 

2 hours ago, Pops said:

I know DLS coaches aren’t about camps that aren’t about team — wonder if they’re changing or whether Daley family made own decision.  In any event, this looked like it clearly helped him and he ought to pick up a couple or three stars on that performance alone.

This is an underrated post for exposing the exact thing I'm talking about.

Discouraging their own kids from going to camps that might give them more exposure and therefore a better chance to get a scholarship.

All in the name of some fake "team" dynamic.

Then when you have two players with offers you brag about being the untalented underdog.

9 hours ago, The Guru said:

Yes, some schools use their programs to prepare their kids for college.

Others teach the mesh point of the veer and then tell you that you're a better man for it.

Go mock a Marine for his Simper Fidelis 

I’d  pay to see that 

i don’t want to get political because I have friends on both sides and your side (caj and you) are particularly uptight about our current leader, but I wouldn’t expect an liberal Atheist to put a lot of stock in Brotherhood 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

Clearly I know enrollment and NFL stats so you are clearly ignoring the point in my post that stressed there’s 100 big schools in country with zero recruits for every Academy team with 30+ D1s

There aren't 100 Catholic schools with more than 1,000 kids who perform as poorly as DLS in this metric.

And it's not just D1 offers, Pops.

STA has more of everything than DLS. More FBS, FCS, D2, D3, Ivy.

The DLS culture is obviously one of "not going out of our way to help you, kid."

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

I’m makimg the point to you about the NFL as a positive for the coaches to do so much with so little — if a kid is capable of making the NFL from DLS, he does.

DLS coaches don't have a direct impact in putting kids onto NFL rosters.

They do have a direct impact in putting kids onto college campuses.

You're trying, again, to spin a positive narrative when the facts don't align.

DLS sucks at getting their kids college scholarships. It's irrefutable at this point.