It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

26 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Berry is tall. But a little skinny still. Like I said, if he fills out...💪🙏

I agree with your assessment. There will be some drop backs, but Hale is a really good athlete with a strong/accurate arm. The coaches know it. He’s got other solid athletes to throw to. They’ll get him moving around a lot and delivering the rock from many formations trying to create space. Coaches say he’s got pretty much a mastery of the offense already. Just needs to get experience, and get bigger and stronger. The playbook will open up (and I’m sure more wrinkles will be added) as he progresses. This MAY be a DLS squad that we haven’t recognized before. 

Whatchu talkin’ ’bout, Willis!? You’d BETTER make it down. 😎

You think the o-line will be any good , hopefully better than last season ?

2 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

You think the o-line will be any good , hopefully better than last season ?

They have 2 returning starters. Roe and Vranesh. Tasi, J. Puckett, Crespi will likely fill out the line. The kid to look out for though is J. Taofaeono. He’ll only be a sophomore next year but is already got a man body. He’s the real deal being compared to Boss Tagaloa. We can only hope. 

Theyll be young, but the talent is there. It’s up to them to make it happen. They’ll be really good next year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

They have 2 returning starters. Roe and Vranesh. Tasi, J. Puckett, Crespi will likely fill out the line. The kid to look out for though is J. Taofaeono. He’ll only be a sophomore next year but is already got a man body. He’s the real deal being compared to Boss Tagaloa. We can only hope. 

Theyll be young, but the talent is there. It’s up to them to make it happen. They’ll be really good next year.

Why, are some of them going to be  juniors next year  besides Taofaeono ?

13 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

To clarify, did you mean the o-line next year will be really good or the team as a whole ? Or do you mean the " Next year " to refer to Hale's senior season and o-line being really good ?

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Why, are some of them going to be  juniors next year  besides Taofaeono ?

Yes. Next year, Puckett and Tasi will lead a strong senior group. And there’s a lot of good OL pedigree coming up through the classes right now. If these guys pan out like some of their big bros, DLS will be alright along the line for a few years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

To clarify, did you mean the o-line next year will be really good or the team as a whole ? Or do you mean the " Next year " to refer to Hale's senior season and o-line being really good ?

I think DLS will be good this coming year. I think they’ll be better in ‘20. The OL has talent for the next few years. It’s going to be about commitment and work ethic. A lot to be excited about for the next few years if you’re a DLS homer.👍

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I think DLS will be good this coming year. I think they’ll be better in ‘20. The OL has talent for the next few years. It’s going to be about commitment and work ethic. A lot to be excited about for the next few years if you’re a DLS homer.👍

Thanks for update. Have you heard if any Asiasi's  have enrolled?    I think I heard there were a couple but not sure if they are headed to Dela

Sammy forgets that Florida is a tier above Cali given the 24-7 lifetime record and 5-2 record in Cali-Florida Bowls including chopping down 2 state champs with watered down playoff losers. 

So taking that into consideration, and the fact that STA beat the number 2 team in Cali when they were number 12 in Florida it is crystal clear that all STA would have to do to beat DLS is be ranked anywhere between 20-30th in the state of Florida. 

Don’t blame me. Blame the tiers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

STA will be horrendous on offense (as usual).

They scored 682 points last season (2nd most all-time) and scored 95 touchdowns (also 2nd most).

Their offense wasn't stopped by anybody last season.

sammyswordsman is incompetent as usual.

(or his trolling is inept)

9 minutes ago, The Guru said:

They scored 682 points last season (2nd most all-time) and scored 95 touchdowns (also 2nd most).

Their offense wasn't stopped by anybody last season.

sammyswordsman is incompetent as usual.

(or his trolling is inept)

LOS!

How you been, buddy?

• Haha 2

On 5/16/2019 at 9:55 PM, Thomas Roach said:

STA will be loaded but I haven't been that impressed with their coaching since George Smith retired. Cassulo and Harriott have underachieved. With all the kids they send to D1 and the NFL, you would think they would have performed better with all that talent.

Name any other program with as much perceived D1 and NFL talent that has performed better.

They're 96-17 with 4 state championships since Smith retired. They either win the state championship or lose in a close game to the eventual state champion (7 of the 8 years).

On 5/17/2019 at 12:53 AM, badrouter said:

But, I realize that, because Lakeland didn't schedule a slapdick from a state other than Florida, nobody wants to give them much credit.

There it is again.

Tried and true.

So instead, Lakeland played 13 Florida slapdicks.

How noble of them.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, badrouter said:

Just thought I'd point something out in case it wasn't obvious: STA isn't playing DLS to try to get better and climb back to the top in Florida. Or, at least they'd be fools if that's why they were playing this game. There are absolutely ZERO teams STA may face that look anything like DLS. Totally different animals. Of course there are other reasons to play the game. But an honest discussion about reasons  for playing this game should involve those other things, not the idea that DLS is going to somehow prep them for Lakeland or Columbia or Armwood or Miramar.

I don't think people who are almost completely unfamiliar with OOS games should be commenting on the reasons for playing them.

Certainly exposure for their players is one of the factors but the main reason is team-building (traveling 6 hours by plane, staying several days, working through adversity, etc.)

That's a real thing that escapes fans of teams that play Tenoroc and Hialeah-Miami Lakes.

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

More players with D1 offers than IMG academy and couldn't win state in a class you claimed just a few years ago was full of weak garbage

How's that for facts dick head

STA could win the state championship in 2018.

And Guru has never said the class was full of garbage.