It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

I last as long as I want.

You have no control over your emotions and so you engage in endless attempts to validate yourself. I can leave now, tomorrow or next week. Makes no difference to me.

You literally have nothing else in life and so you have to continue with this charade.

I can stop at anytime 

I stay to prove that unlike you I don't only appear when I have the upper hand

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

People want information from me because what I say always comes true.

It's been proven for years.

You always bring up this point because nobody will ever care what you think because whatever it is, it's irrelevant.

Any blob on a board can share what a coach tells them

Doesn't make them knowledgeable, only means they may be lucky to know someone who actually has something important to tell

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Three plays in which Lakeland had literally nothing to do with determined the 13-point margin.

Two missed short FGs and a kickoff that was half a yard from a touchback.

Even someone as blatantly dishonest as you can admit such an irrefutable fact. Lakeland was powerless to affect these things. Errors of commission on STA's part.

Everything else was even.

We've already played this game. LOSers make excuses as to why their teams were down three touchdowns with 2 minutes and change to play.

STA had nothing to do with Lakeland not getting a TD on the long play to Zipperer; STA had nothing to do with Zipperer later dropping a walk-in TD; STA had nothing to do with Bowman being penalized 15 yards for going beast mode on your defense. Two can play this game.

Why don't you provide us with a comprehensive list of teams who've had STA down three touchdowns (minimum 18 points) or more in the last 25-30 years. Shouldn't take much time.

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

We've already played this game. LOSers make excuses as to why their teams were down three touchdowns with 2 minutes and change to play.

No, I make perfectly factual claims that the opponent had literally nothing to do with while people like badrouter claim that his team "beat the brakes" off STA.

What I said has the added benefit of being true and demonstrable.

badrouter's is perfectly self-serving.

5 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Two can play this game.

Again, my claims are factual and not six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

They're not complicated or convoluted.

Maybe 6 feet total and it's a 26-26 game.

Not beating the brakes by any stretch even though you desperately want to say so.

You're going to have to settle on a consistent excuse so we can figure out if what you're saying is true.

First, you claim that Lakeland doesn't care about OOS games. Then you turned around and claimed that they won't play them any more. Why? Because they weren't getting any credit!

So which one is it?

Somehow you've managed to make a third different claim.

Now the school board won't allow it.

Most people think it's a coincidence that when Lakeland thought of themselves as a national power they played 3 OOS games in 5 years (2005-09) and the moment they didn't, they stopped playing them.

A little bit of both, with $ probably as important as either of the other two reasons. A home and home with schools like Manatee and Apopka (solid fan bases, reasonable travel distance) makes more sense than some team from a long distance away.

6 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Why don't you provide us with a comprehensive list of teams who've had STA down three touchdowns (minimum 18 points) or more in the last 25-30 years. Shouldn't take much time.

What does this have to do with anything?

If you give someone 13 points then it's easy to be down by 18 at one point.

An 18-point difference in that game would've been a misleading margin.

If you want more credit, then it might help to play better.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

A little bit of both, with $ probably as important as either of the other two reasons. A home and home with schools like Manatee and Apopka (solid fan bases, reasonable travel distance) makes more sense than some team from a long distance away.

But what about your initial claims that (1) Lakeland doesn't care about OOS and then (2) that they care too much and weren't getting any credit.

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

No, I make perfectly factual claims that the opponent had literally nothing to do with while people like badrouter claim that his team "beat the brakes" off STA.

What I said has the added benefit of being true and demonstrable.

badrouter's is perfectly self-serving.

When have I ever used the phrase "beat the brakes off..."? I'll help hear: Never.

What I have said a million times is that Lakeland beat STA by two-touchdowns, holding a three-TD lead with two minutes and change to go. Those are what we call objective facts. And it appears they burn you to your core 😂

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You're the self-described Guru. Surely this will be an easy task for you. Name all of the schools to hold three-touchdown leads at any point in a game over STA from, say, 1990-present. I'll help get you started:

1996 Lakeland, largest lead 34

2004 Lakeland, largest lead 24

2005 Lakeland, largest lead 29

2018 Lakeland, largest lead 19.

Now, fill in the rest. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

But what about your initial claims that (1) Lakeland doesn't care about OOS and then (2) that they care too much and weren't getting any credit.

They gave it a shot. They traveled a LONG way to play OOS three times, and they won all three. What more is there to do? Other than blow $$.

8 minutes ago, badrouter said:

When have I ever used the phrase "beat the brakes off..."? I'll help hear: Never.

But your claims are of the same ilk.

Be handed 13 points and then claim that the game wasn't close.

Dishonest as always.

You haven't changed a bit in a decade of irrelevance and exile.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, badrouter said:

They gave it a shot. They traveled a LONG way to play OOS three times, and they won all three. What more is there to do? Other than blow $$.

You are so lame.

Each year new kids come through.

Yet they played an OOS game in 2009 so why ever do it again, right?

They won 2 of them by the hair on their sack. Bill Castle was pissing in his pants on that DLS 2-point play.

Yet you play it off as three wins, been-there-done-that, no more to prove.

Dealing with you is just boring because you're such a obscurantist.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, badrouter said:

You're the self-described Guru. Surely this will be an easy task for you. Name all of the schools to hold three-touchdown leads at any point in a game over STA from, say, 1990-present. I'll help get you started:

1996 Lakeland, largest lead 34

2004 Lakeland, largest lead 24

2005 Lakeland, largest lead 29

2018 Lakeland, largest lead 19.

Now, fill in the rest. 

Yeah, they were much better in the first 3 and were gifted 13 points in the last one.

You'll certainly ride the randomness of luck all the way to the moon. Lakeland was just fortunate enough to meet STA teams that shouldn't have been there (1996, 2004) or were out-matched (2005).

Yet, in turn, Castle has never been good enough to get his lesser teams to states to get smashed by STA (2007, 2010, 2012, 2014-16).

On 5/16/2019 at 11:24 AM, 954gator said:

Not sure to be honest.   Only that I have no idea who their QB is going to be.   @golfaddict1 would probably know more.   They have a bunch of guys on the roster who I'm sure are competing for the spot.  

Los is the insider, but last I noticed was 5 on the roster.  I couldn’t even name a top 3.  As every year, it’s in the QB’s hands at STA as to the season gauge, last season Casteel really improved (Harvard commit)and it was the D that faltered when the games were tight.  Vanilla play calling isn’t Casteel’s fault either.  I think a Harvard commit can handle a playbook.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Yeah, they were much better in the first 3 and were gifted 13 points in the last one.

You'll certainly ride the randomness of luck all the way to the moon. Lakeland was just fortunate enough to meet STA teams that shouldn't have been there (1996, 2004) or were out-matched (2005).

Yet, in turn, Castle has never been good enough to get his lesser teams to states to get smashed by STA (2007, 2010, 2012, 2014-16).

Probably a bit true, but last years STA definitely deserved it.   Thought they had shitty breaks on O.   Rosemy landing on a guys leg popping the ball out for example suuucked.

23 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You still haven't provided us any other teams to have STA down three touchdowns. I am aware of exactly one other instance.

Its funny... Every time STA loses, its never because the other team beat them.

You made the same excuses when STA lost to DBP. Well the 1st time you did, you disappeared for a while after the 2nd time & came back with the same excuses 6 months later.

Centennial didnt beat STA either Im sure.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Probably a bit true, but last years STA definitely deserved it.   Thought they had shitty breaks on O.   Rosemy landing on a guys leg popping the ball out for example suuucked.

And yet if those same breaks went against any other team Los claims "they were just a garbage team and a irrelevant program"

You know the old school rule to a fumble? don't want the other team to get it, don't let the ball hit the ground

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

You must be blind or stupid, I'm thinking the latter one

I clearly bolded the comment that I said was accurate or priceless

Which was you being the errand boy at STA that consisted of you folding towels, doing laundry, cleaning jockstraps and wiping asses in the shower 

Au contraire my priceless poster. 

Canes is concierge testicle massage and washer. 

BGW

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, badrouter said:

You still haven't provided us any other teams to have STA down three touchdowns. I am aware of exactly one other instance.

It's an irrelevant question.

It would be like me asking when was the last time Lakeland lost by 49 or had a running clock margin put on them by halftime.

I don't care because my team didn't disappear for a decade and doesn't need to seek attention on a message board.