It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

14 minutes ago, The Guru said:

It's an irrelevant question.

It would be like me asking when was the last time Lakeland lost by 49 or had a running clock margin put on them by halftime.

I don't care because my team didn't disappear for a decade and doesn't need to seek attention on a message board.

But yet here you are, pathological attention seeking whore.... with multiple handles.

BGW

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

And yet if those same breaks went against any other team Los claims "they were just a garbage team and a irrelevant program"

You know the old school rule to a fumble? don't want the other team to get it, don't let the ball hit the ground

Canes is an excuse thread HOFer

STA should never lose with their roster so, of course, there’s always a spin 

— we got more yards

— they didn’t score offensive TDs

— we couldn’t find a better QB than a sophomore LB among our 30+ D1s on campus 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pops said:

— we got more yards

But, but, we led at the half.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Grant Daley continues to impress. This time in Nashville. With Daley and Hearns leading the way, DLS will have plenty of strong WRs for Hale to target. 

7B231ABB-A7B8-436B-821C-012854EBEE64.png

Interesting 

24/7 lists him as the 195th best player in class of ‘20 IN CALIFORNIA (tops on DLS and Garrett is only other in top 250)

plus, when is the last time a DLS kid attended any sort of Open that wasn’t in CA?

Here's the official tale of the tape, at least as far as recruiters are concerned.  

De La Salle

Grant Daley             '20.          WR            0*                       Cal-Davis +1

Shamar Garrett      '20            RB             0*                       Air Force +4

St. Thomas Aquinas

Derek Wingo         '20             LB             4*                       Penn St verbal

Marcus Dumerville '20.        OL              4*                      Alabama +36 

Devon Betty          '20.          OLB            4*                      Ohio St, Texas, Michigan, FSU....

Jahvante Royal.  '20             WR             4*                     Ohio St +18

Marcus Rosmy.   '20             WR             4*                      Texas +26

Tyreak Sapp        '21            SDE            4*                     Florida verbal

Riyod Wilmott.    '20.            SDE            3*                      Missouri +9

Jahmari Sylvester '20.         OL              3*                      Missouri +8

Andy Garcia        '20             LB              3*                      Boston College +7

Marion Martinez '20.          OL              3*                      Ohio St +25

Xavier Restrepo '20.           WR.            3*                      Oregon, Michigan +23

Colby Dempsey '20            DB              3*                      Michigan +12

Griffin Lampton '20            ATH.          3*                      Oregon +12

Boaz Saint-Vil  '21             DT              3*                      Georgia +10

Brian Brewton.  '20            "RB             2*                      

Jamari Maybin '20.           DT              2*                       Illinois

Bobby Washington '20.   DT              2*                        Louisville

Dontae Lunan '20             ATH           2*                       Syracuse, Kentucky

Joey Kirner. '20                 TE.            2*                       Louisville +3

Theandis Freeman '20.   WR           2*                        Kentucky +7

DJ Humes '20                   LB.          0*                         Pittsburgh

Keion Smith '20               DB           0*                         BC, Pitt Mizzou +7

Jalen Moss '20                DB.          0*                        Kentucky

Quincy Skinner '21.        WR          0*                         Kentucky +2

Jonathon Bowlees '21   WR          0*                         Southern Miss

Christian Opalsky  '21    WR           0*                         Northern IL, Southern Miss

Tyson Russell '21.          WR          0*                        Mizzou +6

Anthony Hankerson '22 RB          0*                         Southern Miss

Julian Armella '22          OL           0*                        Ohio St, Oregon +12

Zion Turner '22              ATH         0*                        Southern Miss

Breaking D1s down by position:

Position                                  DLS                            STA

QB                                               0                                0

RB                                               1                                2

WR                                              1                               8

OL                                               0                               4

TE                                               0                               1

DL                                              0                                5

LB                                              0                                4

DB                                             0                                3

ATH                                          0                                3

TOTALS                                  2                                30

DLS has a history of overachieving its roster (proof = 7 championships and 6 runner-ups in CA in SBG era, without ever having a top roster) and STA has a bit of history of underachieving (to be fair, they have to finish top 5 nationally or they underachieve), but this appears to be a bridge to far to this DLS fan.  Hope I'm wrong.

If DLS wins, Canes will again be able to again explain it away that they were insufficiently rostered at QB 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pops said:

— we got more yards

He didn't have to make many excuses when STA crushed DLS.

Oh wait, that was you making the excuses..

49 minutes ago, RedZone said:

He didn't have to make many excuses when STA crushed DLS.

Oh wait, that was you making the excuses..

You’ve always been a Canes apologist

i guess it’s a bond of annoyance 

i always get s kick out of you questioning a thread’s worthiness — no one brings less worthy stuff to the forum (just yesterday, “hey, did you guys know St Augie’s is the 6th top producing NFL school?!!!!” to most all of your drivel in your 10,000 posts)

19 minutes ago, Pops said:

You’ve always been a Canes apologist

i guess it’s a bond of annoyance 

i always get s kick out of you questioning a thread’s worthiness — no one brings less worthy stuff to the forum (just yesterday, “hey, did you guys know St Augie’s is the 6th top producing NFL school?!!!!” to most all of your drivel in your 10,000 posts)

It's just silly you calling out someone for "excuses", skippy. You really shouldn't do it. Anyways.

St Aug (NOLA) is a NFL Football Factory..

DLS wins a lot of norcal games. xD

If STA manhandles DLS yet again you always have norcal to fall back on. Impressive streak!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Here's the official tale of the tape, at least as far as recruiters are concerned.  

De La Salle

Grant Daley             '20.          WR            0*                       Cal-Davis +1

Shamar Garrett      '20            RB             0*                       Air Force +4

St. Thomas Aquinas

Derek Wingo         '20             LB             4*                       Penn St verbal

Marcus Dumerville '20.        OL              4*                      Alabama +36 

Devon Betty          '20.          OLB            4*                      Ohio St, Texas, Michigan, FSU....

Jahvante Royal.  '20             WR             4*                     Ohio St +18   (DB)

Marcus Rosmy.   '20             WR             4*                      Texas +26

Tyreak Sapp        '21            SDE            4*                     Florida verbal

Riyod Wilmott.    '20.            SDE            3*                      Missouri +9

Jahmari Sylvester '20.         OL              3*                      Missouri +8

Andy Garcia        '20             LB              3*                      Boston College +7

Marion Martinez '20.          OL              3*                      Ohio St +25

Xavier Restrepo '20.           WR.            3*                      Oregon, Michigan +23    trf to Deerfield Beach 

Colby Dempsey '20            DB              3*                      Michigan +12

Griffin Lampton '20            ATH.          3*                      Oregon +12

Boaz Saint-Vil  '21             DT              3*                      Georgia +10

Brian Brewton.  '20            "RB             2*                      

Jamari Maybin '20.           DT              2*                       Illinois

Bobby Washington '20.   DT              2*                        Louisville

Dontae Lunan '20             ATH           2*                       Syracuse, Kentucky

Joey Kirner. '20                 TE.            2*                       Louisville +3

Theandis Freeman '20.   WR           2*                        Kentucky +7

DJ Humes '20                   LB.          0*                         Pittsburgh

Keion Smith '20               DB           0*                         BC, Pitt Mizzou +7

Jalen Moss '20                DB.          0*                        Kentucky

Quincy Skinner '21.        WR          0*                         Kentucky +2

Jonathon Bowlees '21   WR          0*                         Southern Miss

Christian Opalsky  '21    WR           0*                         Northern IL, Southern Miss

Tyson Russell '21.          WR          0*                        Mizzou +6

Anthony Hankerson '22 RB          0*                         Southern Miss

Julian Armella '22          OL           0*                        Ohio St, Oregon +12

Zion Turner '22              ATH         0*                        Southern Miss

Anthony Johnson '21    TE                                        Kentucky

Caden Martinez  '21       LB                                        Kansas (they offered as many as GA Southern did)

Breaking D1s down by position:

Position                                  DLS                            STA

QB                                               0                                0

RB                                               1                                2

WR                                              1                               8

OL                                               0                               4

TE                                               0                               1

DL                                              0                                5

LB                                              0                                4

DB                                             0                                3

ATH                                          0                                3

TOTALS                                  2                                30

DLS has a history of overachieving its roster (proof = 7 championships and 6 runner-ups in CA in SBG era, without ever having a top roster) and STA has a bit of history of underachieving (to be fair, they have to finish top 5 nationally or they underachieve), but this appears to be a bridge to far to this DLS fan.  Hope I'm wrong.

If DLS wins, Canes will again be able to again explain it away that they were insufficiently rostered at QB 

Some juniors heading into senior season  for STA. with recent Ivy offers (might be missing some recruits and more Brown offers)

Damion Anderson DB - Columbia and Brown 

Landon Grier DB - Columbia and Brown 

Tyler Mackey DB - Columbia 

Derrick Gordon - OL/DL  Colombia 

Kyle Gililand  OL - Columbia and Brown

Nate Alpieri OL - Columbia and Brown

Mathew Taylor OL - Columbia 

Joey Kirner TE - Columbia 

Ethan Corbyn WR - Columbia 

Andy Garcia  LB - Columbia and Brown    

Jake Ray TE - Columbia and Brown           

Girffin Lampton LB - Columbia 

Jaedon Henry RB - Columbia and Brown

Dontae Lunan LB  - Columbia and Brown 

Jalen Moss RB - Columbia 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RedZone said:

It's just silly you calling out someone for "excuses", skippy. You really shouldn't do it. Anyways.

OK, fair enough, Mr Kettle 

32 minutes ago, RedZone said:

St Aug (NOLA) is a NFL Football Factory..

I’m happy you feel it warrants a banner headline saying so until you read the thread and find out they’re 6th, well behind LBP, who DLS is 4-0 against

35 minutes ago, RedZone said:

DLS wins a lot of norcal games. xD

They’re also undefeated against Louisiana in a not very competitive game against a highly touted team — oh yeah, there was about 10 pages of excuses from you on that game last week, Mr Kettle 

18 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Some juniors heading into senior season  for STA. with recent Ivy offers (might be missing some recruits and more Brown offers)

Damion Anderson DB - Columbia and Brown 

Landon Grier DB - Columbia and Brown 

Tyler Mackey DB - Columbia 

Derrick Gordon - OL/DL  Colombia 

Kyle Gililand  OL - Columbia and Brown

Nate Alpieri OL - Columbia and Brown

Mathew Taylor OL - Columbia 

Joey Kirner TE - Columbia 

Ethan Corbyn WR - Columbia 

Andy Garcia  LB - Columbia and Brown    

Jake Ray TE - Columbia and Brown           

Girffin Lampton LB - Columbia 

Jaedon Henry RB - Columbia and Brown

Dontae Lunan LB  - Columbia and Brown 

Jalen Moss RB - Columbia 

I gave it a laugh instead of a like because otherwise I’d be crying 

I felt sorry for some of the sta kids listed as prospects — STA has more prospects listed at rivals, 24/7, etc than DLS has roster players, but how does a 5’11, 300+ OLB or a 5’4”, 130 WR make the cut?  

and did I skim another thread correctly in that one if the 8 D1 WRs is a Grayson transfer?  If so, smh

ive read your back and forth on the QB — no one emerged in spring?

11 hours ago, Pops said:

Which has never been said by me....ever.

Pops knows that he's not very informed and so he only intervenes when he thinks that he has a point to make. 

Which is why it's puzzling that he constantly gets involved only to say stupid things like this.

5 hours ago, Pops said:

And you have a history of listing guys who are not on the roster (like you just did) and exaggerating the disparity so DLS can always come in under the low bar that you've set out for them.

Par for the course and something that everybody knows about you.

The fact that Joey Kirner might have a P5 offer is because DLS sucks at getting their kids offers. There are 8 Joey Kirner's walking the halls at DLS. The fact that they don't even have FCS offers is illustrative of something. But it's not that STA is "too loaded" or anything like that. It means that DLS sucks at advocating for their players.

But to admit that would require introspection from you.

44 minutes ago, Pops said:

I felt sorry for some of the sta kids listed as prospects — STA has more prospects listed at rivals, 24/7, etc than DLS has roster players, but how does a 5’11, 300+ OLB or a 5’4”, 130 WR make the cut? 

Because they're better at this than DLS is.

To admit this would require you to admit that DLS' coaches are not good at something. Which you'll never do.

Instead you'll continue to wear it as a badge of honor as if DLS is David going up against Goliath when the truth is much simpler than that.

2 hours ago, Pops said:

I gave it a laugh instead of a like because otherwise I’d be crying 

and did I skim another thread correctly in that one if the 8 D1 WRs is a Grayson transfer?  If so, smh

ive read your back and forth on the QB — no one emerged in spring?

A few transfers out who picked up FBS offers   

'20 Kevin Izquierdo - OLB  to Western HS  and just picked up a Kent State offer

'21 Sean Watkins Jr - DB to McArthur HS , seveal FBS offers... talented recruit but the transers in at DB was ridiculous.  

Edit:  Forgot '21 Tyrique Owens DE - FBS offers and is now at Carol City.   Javon Ferguson was at STA a year and is now at Carol City (WR with fbs offers).  Xavier Restrepo (WR) also at STA a year and is now at Deerfield Beach (wanted to graduate early).  

and Darius Daniel WR  2020 who is now at Grayson HS may have offers, not sure.   He looks the part as a slot receiver and kickoff/punt returner type.  

Interested to see Quincy Skinner play this season at WR.   Rosemy and Freeman will be the main guys and only so many chances with their roster.   It may not be until next year if/when he breaks out.  

It's all Los on this board for inside info.   My guess the transfer from Naples (Dean) could be in the hunt, but he's coming from a small school and his stats weren't that good last season.   The backup from AHP last year (O'Dowd) maybe top 3.  In house, senior Michael Neal with no varsity experience no idea if he is a potential starter or not... also a junior  (Polivka) who performed well at a combine in terms of speed and agility, but how he slings it this spring (as well as the young soph Turner) not a clue.  

Two kids that will be hard not to notice in Cali will be OL Gilliland  (6'8") and Alperi (6' 10")  I hope they get to see some action, but not sure vs. DLS.  @BUFORDGAWOLVES  :)  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Something so stupid that only someone like Pops would say it.

Hey Jackass

It’s not like you get a clean slate 

You posted that verbatim 1,000 times to 200 people in last decade 

The post adds nothing and is lazy and unworthy of The Guru if you are hoping this character any better than the last dozen you’ve made up in an effort to reinvent yourself 

I’m just been Pops the whole time and am happy to compare community opinion ratings (or IQ or net worth or good looks) — I yield that you’re a football savant at a level that none of the rest of us can appreciate and I mean none of us 

also, just fairly warned, i will ignore you if you start responding to all of my posts with 10 of your own 

as to your actual critique, I’ll stand by it and laugh at you 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

This is news to me (and cajun).

Shouldn’t be

Don’t you keep a dossier on him also?

Am certain you’ll find plenty of occasions where the two most prolific DLS haters on National hsfb message boards were supporting each other whether intentional or not — to be fair, you may not remember because your support was myopically unintentional while he likes to piggyback guys that agree with and have a larger vocabulary 

I think some of us older timers also just appreciate the entertainment you bring right up until you inevitably overdo it AGAIN — I’ve been a canes apologist on every thread about banning you and there have been a few