It’s official, STA at DLS on 8/23

DLS350

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Because they're better at this than DLS is.

To admit this would require you to admit that DLS' coaches are not good at something. Which you'll never do.

Instead you'll continue to wear it as a badge of honor as if DLS is David going up against Goliath when the truth is much simpler than that.

STA is better at that than DLS and everyone else, save maybe IMG — I think Negro can be (it’s WHAT he sells) but just doesn’t have the system either of you FL academies do

DLS coaches are not good at it (at least relative to STA and the 3 or 5 other academy schools in the country) 

DLS coaches coach as well as anyone and develop young men as well or better than anyone 

why wouldn’t I wear that as a badge of honor?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

A few transfers out who picked up FBS offers   

'20 Kevin Izquierdo - OLB  to Western HS  and just picked up a Kent State offer

'21 Sean Watkins Jr - DB to McArthur HS , seveal FBS offers... talented recruit but the transers in at DB was ridiculous.  

Edit:  Forgot '21 Tyrique Owens DE - FBS offers and is now at Carol City.   Javon Ferguson was at STA a year and is now at Carol City (WR with fbs offers).  Xavier Restrepo (WR) also at STA a year and is now at Deerfield Beach (wanted to graduate early).  

and Darius Daniel WR  2020 who is now at Grayson HS may have offers, not sure.   He looks the part as a slot receiver and kickoff/punt returner type.  

Interested to see Quincy Skinner play this season at WR.   Rosemy and Freeman will be the main guys and only so many chances with their roster.   It may not be until next year if/when he breaks out.  

It's all Los on this board for inside info.   My guess the transfer from Naples (Dean) could be in the hunt, but he's coming from a small school and his stats weren't that good last season.   The backup from AHP last year (O'Dowd) maybe top 3.  In house, senior Michael Neal with no varsity experience no idea if he is a potential starter or not... also a junior  (Polivka) who performed well at a combine in terms of speed and agility, but how he slings it this spring (as well as the young soph Turner) not a clue.  

Two kids that will be hard not to notice in Cali will be OL Gilliland  (6'8") and Alperi (6' 10")  I hope they get to see some action, but not sure vs. DLS.  @BUFORDGAWOLVES  :)  

You mean the coaches giving him info through text has the inside info?

Because Los ain't getting no inside info from Tallahassee when he isn't even seeing the team play

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Edit:  Forgot '21 Tyrique Owens DE - FBS offers and is now at Carol City.   Javon Ferguson was at STA a year and is now at Carol City (WR with fbs offers).  Xavier Restrepo (WR) also at STA a year and is now at Deerfield Beach (wanted to graduate early).  

I was really hoping to see Tyreak Sapp and Owens become a nasty tandem.   I’m sure he’ll do well at CC.

Sapp is a monster.   Have a feeling he might play inside at some point (at least in HS)

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

A few transfers out who picked up FBS offers   

'20 Kevin Izquierdo - OLB  to Western HS  and just picked up a Kent State offer

'21 Sean Watkins Jr - DB to McArthur HS , seveal FBS offers... talented recruit but the transers in at DB was ridiculous.  

and Darius Daniel WR  2020 who is now at Grayson HS may have offers, not sure.   He looks the part as a slot receiver and kickoff/punt returner type.  

Interested to see Quincy Skinner play this season at WR.   Rosemy and Freeman will be the main guys and only so many chances with their roster.   It may not be until next year if/when he breaks out.  

It's all Los on this board for inside info.   My guess the transfer from Naples (Dean) could be in the hunt, but he's coming from a small school and his stats weren't that good last season.   The backup from AHP last year (O'Dowd) maybe top 3.  In house, senior Michael Neal with no varsity experience no idea if he is a potential starter or not... also a junior  (Polivka) who performed well at a combine in terms of speed and agility, but how he slings it this spring (as well as the young soph Turner) not a clue.  

Two kids that will be hard not to notice in Cali will be OL Gilliland  (6'8") and Alperi (6' 10")  I hope they get to see some action, but not sure vs. DLS.  @BUFORDGAWOLVES  :)  

Big dudes! Every once in while you see length like that but not often, length is not a favorable attribute for getting low and under your opponent.

BGW

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I was really hoping to see Tyreak Sapp and Owens become a nasty tandem.   I’m sure he’ll do well at CC.

Sapp is a monster.   Have a feeling he might play inside at some point (at least in HS)

I’m thrilled you have more monsters along the D-Line 

sure enjoyed watching our guys block Bosa, Hamilton and Cox in ‘11 

right now the strongest thread I have to grasp is your one and only apparent spot in roster that might not be filled (and backed up) by a D1 kid — QB.  An elite DL is common knowledge as what you’d most like to have to beat DLS, but imho a close 2nd is a mobile QB (think dual not pro) — Lescano was mvp of that game for sure 

36 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Big dudes! Every once in while you see length like that but not often, length is not a favorable attribute for getting low and under your opponent.

BGW

Hey!

another thread to grab onto — DLS ought to be lower than STA across both LOS’s all night

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

BGW

STA had another tall OL, but he never played varsity ball that I can recall.  He was learning the game and bulking up a bit and by spring ball for senior season he was getting some offers, perhaps FCS at the time and then moved to Cali.  :( 

David Swaby is now at Oklahoma and still 6’9” :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pops said:

Interesting 

24/7 lists him as the 195th best player in class of ‘20 IN CALIFORNIA (tops on DLS and Garrett is only other in top 250)

plus, when is the last time a DLS kid attended any sort of Open that wasn’t in CA?

By year’s end, I predict Garrett and Daley will be much more highly rated than where they are currently. 

...I think that McKenzie went to an Open in Oregon. Can’t think of anyone else though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

STA had another tall OL, but he never played varsity ball that I can recall.  He was learning the game and bulking up a bit and by spring ball for senior season he was getting some offers, perhaps FCS at the time and then moved to Cali.  :(

David Swaby is now at Oklahoma and still 6’9” :)

Really liked Oklahoma's offensive line last season, played stellar second half against Bama.

BGW

7 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

By year’s end, I predict Garrett and Daley will be much more highly rated than where they are currently. 

...I think that McKenzie went to an Open in Oregon. Can’t think of anyone else though. 

McKenzie was the guy I was thinking about and almost said west coast 

I know DLS coaches aren’t about camps that aren’t about team — wonder if they’re changing or whether Daley family made own decision.  In any event, this looked like it clearly helped him and he ought to pick up a couple or three stars on that performance alone.

(btw, not asking you to opine if you have inside scoop — that’s in-house laundry)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pops said:

DLS coaches coach as well as anyone and develop young men as well or better than anyone 

No, they don't. If they did then they would have more marginal kids with some kind of college offer.

For a school of 1,000 boys and over 120+ kids in their football program to only have two offered kids is a disgrace.

1 hour ago, Pops said:

We have always respected Coach Lad, Coach A, Coach Terry and the entire DLS staff.  They provide a quality football education to their young men.  We also appreciate that the DLS staff also emphasizes life lessons more so than wins and losses.  We support the emphasis on these valuable life lessons, and hope that the DLS staff will continue to increase the emphasis on life lessons.

#Dillydilly

#gofox

#RedDominance

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pops said:

They’re also undefeated against Louisiana in a not very competitive game against a highly touted team — oh yeah, there was about 10 pages of excuses from you on that game last week, Mr Kettle 

A 5* QB not playing his senior season is not an excuse...

You get bent out of shape if one of your little rugby RBs gets hurt. xD

Anyways. Don't you have some newer material?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Pops said:

McKenzie was the guy I was thinking about and almost said west coast 

I know DLS coaches aren’t about camps that aren’t about team — wonder if they’re changing or whether Daley family made own decision.  In any event, this looked like it clearly helped him and he ought to pick up a couple or three stars on that performance alone.

(btw, not asking you to opine if you have inside scoop — that’s in-house laundry)

I hear ya and agree on all accounts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Absolutely, positively false.

I have never once said that a team should never lose.

Only dumbasses like you make silly and obviously impossible claims like that.

Be a good boy and reread the exchange — I’ll allow a multiple response to that post because you clearly weren’t following along 

I was describing your frequent insults especially how many people you call out for being the dumbest guy here 

am pretty sure the rest of us gathered that in the first pass thru superior reading comprehension 

• Like 1