Meanwhile: Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.

TheRealCAJ

6 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I would discuss but you are not interested in learning antything.  You already know it all and your too disingenuous.  Nor was right as was Hawg.  Hawg was trying to give a complete picture, giving context to a complex issue but you don't care about any of it.  Why would I waste time giving you insights to a problem that you have no interest in gaining insights to.  

So you are willing to say I'm wrong yet unwilling to say why or counter the evidence I have provided to support my points.

That's just grand.

Have a great day.

16 hours ago, noonereal said:

not sure how you figure this...

why you believe it I do understand:(

Not surprised.  There are oh so many things you don't understand.

But it is refreshing that you have gotten past the denial stage and accept yor shortcomings. ?

• Like 1

On 4/4/2017 at 7:37 PM, Wosinc said:

More probable than not?  Who are you channeling, Ted Wells?

Of course it's more probable than not.  So much more probable that it's definite.

One can debate Jesus' impact on history, and whether or not he was divine, but his existence is indisputable.

I'm curious as to how this is "indisputable." I've never seen anything that would make the existence of Jesus "indisputable." would love to learn, though. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I am leaving court for the day, but look forward to reading your answer.

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

when did this start.... something new? 

No, the opposite: it's very old.

Almost every single thinker responsible for the scientific revolution was a religious person.

And they didn't see any deep conflict between the new science and the old faith. 

7 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

No, the opposite: it's very old.

Almost every single thinker responsible for the scientific revolution was a religious person.

And they didn't see any deep conflict between the new science and the old faith. 

it alwaYS amazes me how people bend truths for wants

i do agree, religion did add an impairment to most all men of science

--------------------------------

i find it fascinating, seriously, how book leaned folks like you can take wild theory, magic if you will and convince yourself it has a place. 

--------------------------------

part of the  failed species model i see all around me  :$

20 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Give me a few examples of great scientists who scientific work was impaired by their faith. 

Maybe you'll get lucky and get a response from him.

Typically, nooner doesn't provide support for his mental diarrhea, unless you count substance-less pablum.

4 hours ago, concha said:

Maybe you'll get lucky and get a response from him.

Typically, nooner doesn't provide support for his mental diarrhea, unless you count substance-less pablum.

I think it's fun when NOR tries to be a sophisticated intellectual instead of some guy on a HSFB forum. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, playballintxandmi said:

I'm curious as to how this is "indisputable." I've never seen anything that would make the existence of Jesus "indisputable." would love to learn, though. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I am leaving court for the day, but look forward to reading your answer.

I've never seen anything that would make me dispute the existence of Jesus..

Of course one can always “dispute” any statement.  Is that what you’re taking issue with?

There are any number of papers, books, and historical accounts of a man named Jesus Christ.

Whether he was the son of god, or in any way divine, is above my pay grade. I made no claims about that.

So if you’re questioning me about the Catholic version of Jesus who supposedly rose from the dead you are imputing something that I did not say.

But in more years than I care to count, of reading about history and religion, I have encountered innumerable references to a man named Jesus, just as there are accounts of a Roman emperor named Nero, or a battle between 300 Spartans and the Persian Empire, or the Spanish Inquisition.

People don’t normally dispute every historical reference they run across, why this one?

Unless the authors of all these stories, articles, and accounts are in collusion and just plain making it up, which I doubt, then yeah, it’s indisputable that someone named Jesus existed.

I don't have a lot of theological discussions, so admittedly my sample space is limited, but the first person I ever heard question his actual existence was NOR.  So take that for what it’s worth.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I think it's fun when NOR tries to be a sophisticated intellectual instead of some guy on a HSFB forum. 

Now now bobby... tell us again of a misspelling.

He is an idea, look up the personality trait one is exposing when they do such a thing. 

peace my fallacy laden friend!

40 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Now now bobby... tell us again of a misspelling.

He is an idea, look up the personality trait one is exposing when they do such a thing. 

On behalf of the board, please go get some and find away to get it into your skull.

immod4jpg-8c77ff129d13c2be.jpg

18 hours ago, noonereal said:

i do agree, religion did add an impairment to most all men of science

16 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Give me a few examples of great scientists whose scientific work was impaired by their faith. 

16 hours ago, concha said:

Typically, nooner doesn't provide support for his mental diarrhea...

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

What a shock. 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

a link for anything is available... like the CRAP you always post. 

I'll not get dragged into that nonsense, never ending world. 

You play by yourself there. 

It should be noted that Nooner refers to actual facts, preferring to deal in nothing but his own brain flatulence.

Carry on, Nooner.