Meanwhile: Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.

TheRealCAJ

54 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I'm not excusing bad behavior.  I'm pointing out the similarities of the religions.   If we lived back then there would be nothing to forgive, that was what life looked like.  

Keep shaking your head and your hair ribbons will fall out.  

So, you believe that if a belief system/religion is young, violence is understandable but you don't condone it. Important caveat.

1 hour ago, concha said:

You are even less relevant than Cajun.

How often do you provide links to actual facts and data? Answer: virtually never. You provide nonintellectual mental flatulence.

Congratulations being one of the site fools.

The Caj always links up or in your world "facts up"...example: this thread.

There are over 4,000 religions and they are all NOT the same.

I don't even have to argue it.

Peace, my brother.

PS. If you need some help though let me know.

9 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

There is no such thing as a "religion of peace"..  All of them will use violence to achieve their goals.

9 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

[...] I was pointing out all religions are pretty much the same.  None are better or worse...than the others.

Communists, fascists, and classical liberals will all use violence to achieve their goals.

But we don't want to say that communism, fascism, and liberalism are all basically the same with respect to value.

So why would we say that about religion? 

5 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Only your opine.  You need to study up on the subject.

Rufus>>

Probably was close to your house.....xD

Nuwaubianism is an umbrella term used to refer to the doctrines and teachings of the followers of Dwight York. The Nuwaubians originated as a Black Muslim group in New York in the 1970s, and have gone through many changes since. Eventually, the group established a headquarters in Putnam County, Georgia in 1993, which they have since abandoned. York is now in prison after having been convicted on money laundering and child molestation charges, but Nuwaubianism endures. York developed Nuwaubianism by drawing on a wide range of sources which include Theosophy-derived New Age movements such as Astara as well as the Rosicrucians, Freemasonry, the Shriners, the Moorish Science Temple of America, the revisionist Christianity & Islam and the Qadiani cult of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, the numerology of Rashad Khalifa, and the ancient astronaut theories of Zecharia Sitchin. White people are said in one Nuwaubian myth to have been originally created as a race of killers to serve blacks as a slave army, but this plan went awry. Here is a list of some of the more unusual Nuwaubian beliefs:

1. It is important to bury the afterbirth so that Satan does not use it to make a duplicate of the recently-born child
2. Furthermore, some aborted fetuses survive their abortion to live in the sewers, where they are being gathered and organized to take over the world
3. People were once perfectly symmetrical and ambidextrous, but then a meteorite struck Earth and tilted its axis causing handedness and shifting the heart off-center in the chest
4. Each of us has seven clones living in different parts of the world
5. Women existed for many generations before they invented men through genetic manipulation
6. Homo sapiens is the result of cloning experiments that were done on Mars using Homo erectus
7. Nikola Tesla came from the planet Venus
8. The Illuminati have nurtured a child, Satan’s son, who was born on 6 June 1966 at the Dakota House on 72nd Street in New York to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis of the Rothschild/Kennedy families. The Pope was present at the birth and performed necromantic ceremonies. The child was raised by former U.S. president Richard Nixon and now lives in Belgium, where it is hooked up bodily to a computer called “The Beast 3M” or “3666.”

The Nuwaubians built a city modelled on Ancient Egyptian buildings in Putnam County, Georgia (pictured above). It has now been demolished.

tama-re-49-filtered_1-tm.jpg

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

[..]

Both religions have their extremists and it's not even debateable. Hence that they are the same to that effect

It may well be the case that all religions have extremists or violent extremists in particular.

But I don't think it follows that all religions are basically the same or that none is better or worse than any other. 

A and B can be the same with respect to C and very, very different with respect to D, E, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

It may well be the case that all religions have extremists or violent extremists in particular.

But I don't think it follows that all religions are basically the same or that none is better or worse than any other. 

A and B can be the same with respect to C and very, very different with respect to D, E, etc. 

I can can almost agree with this....

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Your point has some truth to it but when thinking of religions I think it's important to step back and take in the larger view.  When Christianity was at the age Islam is now, we were just as violent and used religion to support whatever agenda we had.  

My point is it's relatively the same given how long the religions have been around.  It would be like expecting the middle age Christians to behave in the way we do today.  I'm not trying to excuse terrorist because that is all they are.  I am trying to say that 99% of Muslims are peaceful and don't take a extreme twisted view Islam.  But like we all know, it only takes 1 bad apple to spoil the rest.

I've seen you post a version of this a few times.

I take it that your view is that Islam is about 600 years younger than Christianity. So the best explanation of the difference between Christian nations and Muslim ones is that Christians have had an 600 extra years to "figure it out," as it were. 

But I guess I'm not convinced by that. 

I would have thought that 1,400 years is long enough. 

That's about as long as Christians had political power, from Constantine to Locke. Muslims had political power immediately. And they've had it ever since. 

I'm thinking that there has to be a better explanation, which may or may not be external to the religion itself. 

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

[...] I'm not trying to excuse terrorist because that is all they are.  I am trying to say that 99% of Muslims are peaceful and don't take a extreme twisted view Islam.  But like we all know, it only takes 1 bad apple to spoil the rest.

As a Christian who is often embarrassed by the Christians who get all the attention in the news -- the ones holding signs that say "God hates fags", or the ones who insist that the universe is about 6,000 years old etc. -- I'm guessing that there are also a lot of Muslims who are embarrassed by the Muslims who get all the attention in the news. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Actually...I didn't.  

My post wasn't sarcasm.  I was pointing out all religions are pretty much the same.  None are better or worse...than the others.

Rufus>>

Actually I'm catholic and I don't ever remember going to church and hearing that murdering was ok and will have 7 virgins waiting in heaven. .. so no not all the same. 

9 minutes ago, Kingwill said:

Actually I'm catholic and I don't ever remember going to church and hearing that murdering was ok and will have 7 virgins waiting in heaven. .. so no not all the same. 

Dude I am Catholic as well, believe me we don't want top get into the atrocity's the Catholic church has committed in the name of Christianity.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

The Caj always links up or in your world "facts up"...example: this thread.

There are over 4,000 religions and they are all NOT the same.

I don't even have to argue it.

Peace, my brother.

PS. If you need some help though let me know.

Be that as it may, not many religions have the mandate, that you either get on board with our philosophy, or you DIE! THAT'S ISLAM!

47 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Dude I am Catholic as well, believe me we don't want top get into the atrocity's the Catholic church has committed in the name of Christianity.

The point isn't whether you are are doing something "in the name of".  The point is whether or not those actions "follow the teachings of".

You can list "Christian" atrocities all you like, but unless you can link them to Jesus' teachings, you've proven nothing.

On the other hand, linking Muslim atrocities to Muhammad's words and examples tends to be easy. Hence the number of Islamic terror groups in the world.

9 minutes ago, concha said:

The point isn't whether you are are doing something "in the name of".  The point is whether or not those actions "follow the teachings of".

You can list "Christian" atrocities all you like, but unless you can link them to Jesus' teachings, you've proven nothing.

On the other hand, linking Muslim atrocities to Muhammad's words and examples tends to be easy. Hence the number of Islamic terror groups in the world.

Pretty much.

There is NO radical Christianity that compares to radical Islam......

That said every Muslim is not radical.

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Right there with you on this one.  Proud to be Catholic but I also am not going to lie.  Lots of bad things have been done.  But again like NOR said its because people are the followers.  Humans are far from perfect.  Except for me and maybe a couple others on here.  Let y'all guess who those 2 are. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, concha said:

I was trying to find some of the teachings you speak of online about Muhammad and violence and I can not find any.  Well besides on your breibart foxnews type websites.  But from what I have been able to gather only reference is to defend yourself when needed but thats it.  Links would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Kingwill said:

I would never put down your religious beliefs.  You are more than welcome to them.  But honestly, do you think for a second that the Catholic church has never had people murdered?

Rufus>>

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I was trying to find some of the teachings you speak of online about Muhammad and violence and I can not find any.  Well besides on your breibart foxnews type websites.  But from what I have been able to gather only reference is to defend yourself when needed but thats it.  Links would be appreciated. 

The Quran is not biographical in nature....tells us nothing much about Muhammad.

Try some of this stuff for kicks.

https://opaquehues.wordpress.com/2004/05/10/understanding-the-historical-context-of-the-quran-through-hadith-and-sira-literature/

https://sunnah.com/

8 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I'm sure links would be appreciated. If you can't find them I'm thinking you could be put in a boat in the middle of a lake and you would complain about being unable to find water.

Try, from the Quran, 4:95, 8:60 and 9:29. Just for starters.

58 minutes ago, concha said:

[...]

That seems right to me too.

It won't do to point to cases in the Old Testament.