Reason #316 of why Mater Dei is different...

Eddyr2

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Camp Pendleton is s great camp for kids.  There are buffalo, freaking pocket Mice, more ground squirrels than one can imagine and the most notorious of them all the dreaded Drill Instructor

Pendleton is not boot camp.  Why drill instructors, dreaded or otherwise?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wosinc said:

Pendleton is not boot camp.  Why drill instructors, dreaded or otherwise?

I'm a Former Sr. DI  Recruits do their Field Training  at Pendleton and qualify at Edson Range.  Care to guess why I know that.  

Where is the crucible held at and where do recruits receive their EGA?  Go hump up Mt. MuthaFucka and ask any San Diego Recruit where it's at and who led his ass up there?  His DI's in Boot Camp..  

DI. School Class 2-96 MCRD San Diego.  I earned the title 

Mount Motherfucker- area 52 San Onofre Camp Pendleton California. A hill over which recruits at MCRD must run or march to complete the Crucible. The top is know as Recon Ridge.  Ask @thc6795 about It.  Oh by the way they are humping 60lb Packs too boot.

Fuck.This.Hill Anyone that's climbed her knows what I'm talking about!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I'm a Former Sr. DI  Recruits do their Field Training  at Pendleton and qualify at Edson Range.  Care to guess why I know that.  

Where is the crucible held at and where do recruits receive their EGA?  Go hump up Mt. MuthaFucka and ask any San Diego Recruit where it's at and who led his ass up there?  His DI's in Boot Camp..  

Mount Motherfucker- area 52 San Onofre Camp Pendleton California. A hill over which recruits at MCRD must run or march to complete the Crucible. The top is know as Recon Ridge.  Ask @thc6795 about It.  Oh by the way they are humping 60lb Packs too boot.

That mfer bitch. Part of my soul is still over there. I can say it was a bitch climbing her, but she was downright brutal coming down the other side. 

She may not look like much but trust me she will test your soul. I unfortunately not only had to haul my pack up but also I had to carry an ammo can fill of flash suppressors. Not fun at all. 

She teaches you a lot, I dare you to climb past a fellow recruit who is struggling. You learn really quick about leaving a man behind.

Thanks Gunny, great memories. The men who lead me up that bitch were: Senior Drill Instructor SSGT Daniels, Drill Instructor SSGT Munger and Drill instructor SSGT Dixon. I can still hear them today.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

That mfer bitch. Part of my soul is still over there. I can say it was a bitch climbing her, but she was downright brutal coming down the other side. 

She may not look like much but trust me she will test your soul. I unfortunately not only had to haul my pack up but also I had to carry an ammo can fill of flash suppressors. Not fun at all. 

She teaches you a lot, I dare you to climb past a fellow recruit who is struggling. You learn really quick about leaving a man behind.

Thanks Gunny, great memories. The men who lead me up that bitch were: Senior Drill Instructor SSGT Daniels, Drill Instructor SSGT Munger and Drill instructor SSGT Dixon. I can still hear them today.  

No doubt it is 2 times as a Recruit. Remember the 1st time you attack it as a Recruit is at night and you have no damn idea where the peak is because it is just 4 Companies packed going up it.  The 2nd time is in the day time.  I have trekked it 12 times.  

2 x Recruit

2 x DI School and this is the most insane pace you can imagine

10 x with 5 Platoons that I led. 

Every step a  Marine takes up it he says MotherFucker.  Thus is legendary name on Pendleton.     

I still remember my DI's from 1981.    My Sr. DI:  SSgt Suah (Big Somoan),  SSgt Williams AND SSgt Owens.  And those Marines that were my recruits reach out to me to this day.  One was a Sniper in Afghanistan and fought in the UFC.   Yet to this day says I put more fear in him than anyone.  Pretty damn Cool and now he could choke me out but I bet he still has that Respect

#Semper Fi Warrior.  Stay blessed and Healthy

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

No doubt it is 2 times as a Recruit. Remember the 1st time you attack it as a Recruit is at night and you have no damn idea where the peak is because it is just 4 Companies packed going up it.  The 2nd time is in the day time.  I have trekked it 12 times.  

2 x Recruit

2 x DI School and this is the most insane pace you can imagine

10 x with 5 Platoons that I led. 

Every step a  Marine takes up it he says MotherFucker.  Thus is legendary name on Pendleton.     

I still remember my DI's from 1981.    My Sr. DI:  SSgt Suah (Big Somoan),  SSgt Williams AND SSgt Owens.  And those Marines that were my recruits reach out to me to this day.  One was a Sniper in Afghanistan and fought in the UFC.   Yet to this day says I put more fear in him than anyone.  Pretty damn Cool and now he could choke me out but I bet he still has that Respect

#Semper Fi Warrior.  Stay blessed and Healthy

Thank you Gunny, you stay blessed and healthy as well. 

Semper Fi

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, DevilDog said:

That little bump don't look so tough at all!!

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I’d make quick work out that dirt hill in my....

much younger days. 😬

I’ve been told by several ex-military Rangers and Marines that I would’ve made a good D.I.,.

Because I’m a marshmallow.

But no, I wanted to hoop.

BGW

Plus you would need a waiver old friend you exceed 6'6" max Ht.  5'3" is the minimum height for a Male.  Hard to low crawl and use cover when you're a power forward.  🤣 Think about it real hard find a 6'6" Marine or Former one.  Leave it Marines to name a Hill MT. MuthaFucka and the other Hill is called the Grim Reaper.  Matter of fact that base was actually a Ranch before U.S.M.C and to this day it is the only undeveloped land from San Yisidro to L.A..  And symbols of the Ranch is still located throughout the base.  I have damn near humped that whole damn base. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Thank you Gunny, you stay blessed and healthy as well. 

Semper Fi

Remember you can buy a Canoe and be A Sailor, fly a plane you're an airmen, listen to any rap song or buy a Mattel toy you're a Soldier. 🤣 But to be called Marine you have to earn the title. 

Semper Fi till I die

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Don’t be so touchy.  I went through Parris Island.  Probably when you were in diapers.

So save the lecture for somebody that’ll be impressed by it.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Don’t be so touchy.  I went through Parris Island.  Probably when you were in diapers.

So save the lecture for somebody that’ll be impressed by it.

Then Leatherneck you should have known DI's are at Pendleton at least 4 weeks each Recruit cycle.  And if you went thru when i was in Diapers you probably survived the Ribbon Creek incident. 🤘 Dammit it was a long time ago that I was in Diapers.  There are no Hills in Beaufort,. SC just sand Fleas on the Island.