Congrats to the US "Democrat" Women's Soccer team

RedZone

This team lost to an under 15 boys team from Dallas. 

Not to knock the boys team,  but since the women won the championship that solidifies this being the most atrocious level of competition a professional sport could possibly have. 

At best they should be designated a summer Olympic sport and carry no more airtime or press than any of the other hundred Olympic sports out there 

• Thumbs Down 1

40 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

This team lost to an under 15 boys team from Dallas. 

Not to knock the boys team,  but since the women won the championship that solidifies this being the most atrocious level of competition a professional sport could possibly have. 

At best they should be designated a summer Olympic sport and carry no more airtime or press than any of the other hundred Olympic sports out there 

Really???  Link?

Watched the last half of this game in a bar in Prague.  A family of Americans came in and I let them have my table.  They were big fans of Rapinoe, it turns out.  They were also nice enough to buy me a beer.  I wonder if they would have had they had known I like Trump.  Anyway, congrats to the ladies - they did good.

2 minutes ago, ohio said:

Ha. You beat me by seconds. And of course it was a “scrimmage” what else can it freaking be? They aren’t even in the same league or even the same gender for that matter. 

By default it wouldn’t count towards anything. 

No self respecting professional would ever intentionally lose to a bunch of kids. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Honestly. I used to really like this team back in the day. But ever since Kap...I mean Rapinoe took over as Captain, the team has turned into yet another platform for the progressive left. I didn’t watch one game of the Women’s WC. Pretty turned off by their politicizing of yet another sport. And if they want equal pay? Bring in equal viewership and revenue. The women’s leagues and WC bring in lunch money compared to the men. It’s not rocket science. Simple economics. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

Honestly. I used to really like this team back in the day. But ever since Kap...I mean Rapinoe took over as Captain, the team has turned into yet another platform for the progressive left. I didn’t watch one game of the Women’s WC. Pretty turned off by their politicizing of yet another sport. And if they want equal pay? Bring in equal viewership and revenue. The women’s leagues and WC bring in lunch money compared to the men. It’s not rocket science. Simple economics. 

Womens sports useless to begin with. Than add in the bullshit and it's very easy not to watch it

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Ha. You beat me by seconds. And of course it was a “scrimmage” what else can it freaking be? They aren’t even in the same league or even the same gender for that matter. 

By default it wouldn’t count towards anything. 

No self respecting professional would ever intentionally lose to a bunch of kids. 

No need to get snarly.

The game was a tuneup for a game against team Russia.   No way of telling if team USA was trying to win ( though they likely were) or working on stuff in preparation for their next opponent, but they did get beat soundly.  A 5-2 loss is a beat down in soccer.

As far a equal pay goes goes, it all depends on how much your league can generate.  For instance, WNBA laddies cannot get as much pay as the men.   The WNBA generates only about 60 million a year while the NBA makes between 25 to 30 billion.  Same thing probably happens in soccer.

Simply put, if the ladies want to get paid more or even equal pay, they must first generate more revenue.

• Like 1