BG coach arrested

Ararar

9 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ima be honest here. I dont wanna belive he did something like that. Because to be honest it sounds like something out of a lifetime movie.... 

Then again I didnt wanna believe what Bill Cosby did either.... 

If Kenny Really did do this then he's gonna get what he deserves.... 

If he didnt then why would she lie like that? 

However.... 

I dont Think she'd go through the trouble of lying on him like this.... 

But you never know.... 

You are still young and haven't been exposed to the crap people will do to each other.  Wait till you sit in court listening to some of these cases.  You will be amazed at what people will say and do to get back at someone.  It is really sad.

By the way, I'm not judging the merits of this case or any other case, just commenting in general.

Timeline of events per USA Today

- Incident happened Dec. 25
- Complaint made Jan. 23
- Sanchez failed to show for a Feb. 21 hearing
- Warrant Issued 
- Sanchez called the police in regards to a "separate incident" and was arrested for the outstanding warrant
- Arraignment was Apr. 6
- Suspended pending review by school Apr. 7
- Bench trial set for May 30

• 4 weeks later...

Ex-girlfriend of Coach Sanchez has recanted her story.  

Quotes from the ex:

“Contrary to my report to the police, Kenny simply came over on Christmas to pick up” their toddler son “and left without any physical altercation,” Brooke Stewart wrote in an affidavit released by Sanchez’s attorney, Ross Goodman. “He never punched, pushed, scratched or grabbed me on Dec. 25, 2016, Dec. 17, 2016 or any other time.

“It is my desire that no further action is taken against Kenny Sanchez based upon my actions.”

"With my history of being on anti-depressants on and off for four years, I made a bad judgment call and made up allegations of domestic violence against Kenny,” she wrote. “I’m sorry and embarrassed for my actions. He does not deserve this and is a great father.”

Prosecutors still intend on pursuing the case. 

(H/T NevadaPreps)

9 minutes ago, sportsnut25 said:

Quotes from the ex:

“Contrary to my report to the police, Kenny simply came over on Christmas to pick up” their toddler son “and left without any physical altercation,” Brooke Stewart wrote in an affidavit released by Sanchez’s attorney, Ross Goodman. “He never punched, pushed, scratched or grabbed me on Dec. 25, 2016, Dec. 17, 2016 or any other time.

“It is my desire that no further action is taken against Kenny Sanchez based upon my actions.”

"With my history of being on anti-depressants on and off for four years, I made a bad judgment call and made up allegations of domestic violence against Kenny,” she wrote. “I’m sorry and embarrassed for my actions. He does not deserve this and is a great father.”

(H/T NevadaPreps)

Omg are you fucking KIDDING ME! She admits she made it up. Yet theyre still pursuing legal action.... 

This be some real BS.... 

He is continuing to coach?  I am sorry - but innocent until proven guilty does not mean they have to wait to fire - or at least suspend - him.  It just means he does not go to jail until convicted.  If he stays, the Bishop needs a house cleaning. 

Edit: saw above, so disregard this.

I wanna know what they're gonna do? 

He did nothing she admits it. And yet you still want prosecute him. 

For what on what grounds. 

If anyone should be in trouble its her! 

But that wont happen. I promise you.... 

She already has an excuse. 

She has the law on her side. 

She'll get away with ruining Sanchezes career on a false story. About Something that never happened!. 

2 hours ago, sportsnut25 said:

Quotes from the ex:

(H/T NevadaPreps)

Can you say payoff!!!???

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Doesn't really matter if she recanted.If the state feels there is any evidence it's a go so I'm going to say something happened...exactly what is only known by two parties.

The LV Sun article was a bit more in depth, and made it seem like she provided photos along with the statement.  

Something doesn't smell right.

3 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

The LV Sun article was a bit more in depth, and made it seem like she provided photos along with the statement.  

Something doesn't smell right.

Well there you go if she gave photos of any type of injury they will prosecute.If there are photos and they come up for public scrutiny I believe he will be fired.

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Well there you go if she gave photos of any type of injury they will prosecute.If there are photos and they come up for public scrutiny I believe he will be fired.

I'd be shocked if he's prosecuted and even more shocked if he's fired. 

This is going to go away and he will be coach this season week 1. Any other outcome id be very surprised. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ararar said:

Doesn't really matter if she recanted.If the state feels there is any evidence it's a go so I'm going to say something happened...exactly what is only known by two parties.

They'll initially go forward with it, most likely offering a plea hoping he takes it. Minus a serious criminal history on is part (which I doubt he has) the DA is not going to go to trial with a uncooperative victim in a he said / she said case they cant prove BRD.