The game that shocked the world, Miami Central blows out Don Bosco 50-21

BobbySanchez

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

I wasn’t making a case for DLS

that game should have ended the Norcal streak — DLS was down 14-7 with about 3 minutes left and Serra kicking a FG

serra is a good team that plays DLS as well as anyone (pound for pound) — their coach held DLS rushing record for 20 years and was star of first streak team (I know you know this but FYI for the crowd)

ive already said many times this DLS team very talented but didn’t ever hit on all cylinders — I think top 6 fair but wouldn’t argue 7 or 8 

was clearly speaking about SJB 

But isn't SJB's big win a close one vs DLS?    BTW best win is a team that also did something.  The teams they beat did something, and those teams did something.    What did DLS do or any of their opponents?   You're clueless.   

Did DLS travel cross country to play multiple OOS powers?    Did SJB?    I got them beating Chandler at home.   What else we got?  ON PAPER that is of course.

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

A stud or two?   We are talking stacked teams.   

CP should have missed on DLS then, but no, they had superior SOS's back then.   Such and such Valley were monstars nobody wanted to play.   Please.  

University school (AKA easy opponent)

DE Brian Burns NFL

RB Jordan Scarlett NFL

DB Quincy Wilson NFL

WR Sam Bruce Miami

QB Sean WHite Auburn

DE Richard Yeargin III  Clemson

CB  Rashard Causey   UCF

DL Brandon Boyce  Duke

CB  Marco Wilson   UF

RB Lajuan Hunt Utah st

LB  Brandon Russell    Rutgers

LB Bradley Clement   FAU 

Oline was big too and also had some guys go on to play.   

Give me the boynton roster — I know I niversitu was a talented team (that didn’t beat anyone)

CP shits on DLS for the local competition too relative to your perception of CP and CA

they has DLS 9th in the state at start of 2012 playoffs 

they won the comp poll that year and their 4th straight Open 

dls gets juiced when they play socal champ and/ or good OOS team just like everyone else — dls’s advantage that frustrates the guru and you is they have played the best team in socal for their last game the last 14 years — that’s the sort of built in poll advantage someone getting s big win in September enjoys — hell, JC won most of the human pills that year by beating Plant which wasn’t near FL’s top 10 but somewhat highly regarded in September 

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

DLS state champ gets blown out by STA in 2011, then hides against quality OOS until they are stacked in 2015.   LOSES.   Yet we are supposed to believe that they were great in those years they hid OOS?

In 2013 they were busy scheduling Clayton Valley, Serra, St, Mary's, Del Oro, Servite and Logan. The usual collection of slapdicks that are sold as world-beaters.

In the meantime, BTW scheduled Norcross, Bishop Gorman and Central all away from home and won all of them by double figures.

The Central game was a national #1 vs #2 .

Pop thinks this is a minor point because the game was played in September. You know it's called the Pop rule: If you don't play your best opponent in the last game then it doesn't count.

16 minutes ago, Pops said:

a stud or two doesn’t make a great team — joe mixon Gained 4 yards on DLS as a junior in a 70-7 loss and he wasn’t even their best offensive skills guy — that was a senior WR that I think went to UW but forgot his name — he returned the kick off at 70-0 for a TD — I remember because he was towing the goal line and had to eelreach above his head to even make it returnable — 2 best players on the field and they get crushed worse than league teams that usually have more capable players on field 

Here we go.

Bringing up one good player on a sorry ass NorCal team to make some kind of dumb point.

17 minutes ago, Pops said:

CP misses some for sure, but it’s usually because they didn’t play anyone to show themselves better (ie JC ‘12)

But this is not the case for BTW. They beat three top 100 teams by double digits.

CP misses on teams that don't have a lot of overrated filler opponents like DLS.

15 minutes ago, 954gator said:

No it wasn't lol.  

Well, upon your post, I can certainly acknowledge a case for IMG

bit SJB went from nowhere to MNC thru Jason negro and a massive talent infusion which created a socal arms race which is fueling much of the emerging national academy Tier (basically USAT’s top 7 — not north shore)

18 minutes ago, Pops said:

I wasn’t making a case for DLS

Pops *not* making the case for DLS

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Add allen, de Soto, and DLS

and those 6 were all in someone’s top 5 and no one else was 

2 hours ago, Pops said:

SJB beat the most talented DLS team that had ever been beaten after navigating the toughest playoffs in country 

2 hours ago, Pops said:

the 2013 DLS team was MUCH bigger than 2011 and had the 2nd most D1s of any DLS team (behind only 2003) — I think they would have beat SJB if they had come together half as well as most DLS teams but they had a lot of egos and didn’t 

20 minutes ago, Pops said:

that game should have ended the Norcal streak — DLS was down 14-7 with about 3 minutes left and Serra kicking a FG

Yeah, and Serra is garbage.

Yet somehow you're trying to claim that DLS would've beaten "clearly the best team" that year if not for ego issues?

None of this computes.

Either De La Salle was overrated because they almost lost to Serra or SJB was overrated for almost losing to *that* De La Salle team.

20 minutes ago, Pops said:

Give me the boynton roster — I know I niversitu was a talented team (that didn’t beat anyone)

Honestly don't know as much about them.   I know they had Lamar Jackson and a lot of talented kids and bunch were D1. 

Here's the little bit of film I can find that shows the type of team they were.   I'm not saying they were amazing, but you act like because such and such Valley team was ranked as a good opponent, that it's the reality,   It's really not.   

I admittedly know a lot more of University because it's a lot closer so easier to look up all the kids.   Not even going to try for Boynton.   Shoot you haven't given me ONE roster lol.   

24 minutes ago, Pops said:

serra is a good team that plays DLS as well as anyone (pound for pound) — their coach held DLS rushing record for 20 years and was star of first streak team (I know you know this but FYI for the crowd)

No, they're not.

They lost to #1312 St. Francis (and gave up 41 points) and nearly lost to #2689 St. Ignatius.

Yeah, say hi to Pat "7-4" Walsh if you see him.

Shoot this Homestead team has a bunch of NFL players on it (I guess a bunch moved to BTW for 2014)    Devante Davis Texas (Seahawks), Antonio Callaway (Browns),   Ermon Lane cut from the Saints (FSU).   Even the QB was a future BTW player in 2014 lol.    Nobody though.   

9 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Shoot this Homestead team has a bunch of NFL players on it (I guess a bunch moved to BTW for 2014)    Devante Davis Texas (Seahawks), Antonio Callaway (Browns),   Ermon Lane cut from the Saints (FSU).   Even the QB was a future BTW player in 2014 lol.    Nobody though.   

That 2014 BTW was one of the most slept on teams in the polls. Went undefeated and all, but was still looked over for some reason.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 954gator said:

But isn't SJB's big win a close one vs DLS?    BTW best win is a team that also did something.  The teams they beat did something, and those teams did something.    What did DLS do or any of their opponents?   You're clueless.   

Did DLS travel cross country to play multiple OOS powers?    Did SJB?    I got them beating Chandler at home.   What else we got?  ON PAPER that is of course.

You are babbling 

you want to impeach SJB because MC was a more worthy opponent (they weren’t) when both are top 10?

while ignoring fact that SJB played 8 more competent opponents 

and then call me clueless 

my advice:  increase your meds 

20 hours ago, 954gator said:

How did I miss this.   You are clueless.     You think because some of Cali's best are playing great schedules these last few years that that is what is was like in 2013??   Oh man.   

FL has split their dozen best team into a half dozen different paths/ brackets for decades 

this is cause of biggest SOS deficit 

CA’s top dozen teams all in one bracket 

CA emphasizes playing well in December — FL emphasizes having the most transfers in August 

Different games and approaches but indicative of why CA has way more NFL coaches 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, 954gator said:

DLS state champ gets blown out by STA in 2011, then hides against quality OOS until they are stacked in 2015.   LOSES.   Yet we are supposed to believe that they were great in those years they hid OOS?   

Don't get me wrong they have stepped up their game in recent years, but don't make me laugh.  

STA the most under-achieving team in America 

Nobody does less with more!

dont know why you’re even speaking about DLS — not the subject and your comments self inflict you with a perception of lacking erudition 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, The Guru said:

In 2013 they were busy scheduling Clayton Valley, Serra, St, Mary's, Del Oro, Servite and Logan. The usual collection of slapdicks that are sold as world-beaters.

In the meantime, BTW scheduled Norcross, Bishop Gorman and Central all away from home and won all of them by double figures.

The Central game was a national #1 vs #2 .

Pop thinks this is a minor point because the game was played in September. You know it's called the Pop rule: If you don't play your best opponent in the last game then it doesn't count.

I was only ever talking about SJB vs BTW and you two STA dudes are jerking yourself off about DLS 

i get that it’s the greatest moment in STA football, but stay on point 

if you want to talk about DLS, explain to me how this forum favors them in August despite a 30-2 D1 disadvantage (or something like 20-0 for P5 programs)?  The perceived incompetence of the STA staff is beyond what I’d thought 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

You are babbling 

No, he's accurately describing the incoherence of your claims.

So SJBs big victory, their coup de grace, was a 6-point win over DLS but you think that DLS should've lost to crappy Serra.

Somehow, despite this, you think SJB was clearly the best team and that DLS was clearly in the top 5.