The game that shocked the world, Miami Central blows out Don Bosco 50-21

BobbySanchez

This is probably UNHEARD or THINKABLE for everybody to do this. At the time. DBP was fresh off 2 MNC titles and destroyed every OOS team they played. But Joseph Yearby and Dalvin Cook probably could have played in D-1 at this point and the DBP parents were thankful to never see those two nightmares ever again. They had "Jabrill Peppers" type speed and talent.

This probably sold me on Miami football.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

My fondest memory of that night was MC refusing to use their locker room at halftime. They all sat in the end zone and those that had to go to the bathroom used the woods behind the north end zone. #savage

IMO MCs true MVP that evening was its punter. He consistently pinned Bosco back inside their 20. 

Bosco was up 14-10 midway through Q2. MC outscored them 40-7 from that point on. In recent years SFA has been the only other OOS team to manhandle DBP at home like that. 

I remember them not using the locker room....best pair of hs rb's I ever saw...stop on a dime....then GONE!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

My fondest memory of that night was MC refusing to use their locker room at halftime. They all sat in the end zone and those that had to go to the bathroom used the woods behind the north end zone. #savage

IMO MCs true MVP that evening was its punter. He consistently pinned Bosco back inside their 20. 

Bosco was up 14-10 midway through Q2. MC outscored them 40-7 from that point on. In recent years SFA has been the only other OOS team to manhandle DBP at home like that. 

WHy did they refuse?

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Never in doubt. 21-7 from the 2nd  quarter till the 42 second mark of the 4th

21-7 even doesn’t warrant a description of throughly dominated. Perhaps saying beat soundly. Thoroughly dominated implies woodshed. 

That’s just me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2