Texas Teams...

BobbySanchez

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

But he didn't.  Nowhere did me mention the haves and have nots. 

Please show me the mention of the teams

He didn’t mention the teams, he used scores to identify the outcome of the have and have nots. He stated 6A is defined by them. Well who are these teams?  That’s  when I entered … 

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

You ran with,  the haves are the teams beating up on the semifinal opponents in a given year. There is 17 different teams that have done that in the 5 year span that shows depth. 

It actually doesn't show that. What it shows is there's a separation between a certain ranked team to a certain ranked team

Rankings are subjective.  Do you know what north shores rankings were at the end of the regular season?  Do you know the D2 favorite to make it to the finals based on rankings was Heath, the D1 favorite was SLC.  Neither made it. 

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Rankings are subjective.  Do you know what north shores rankings were at the end of the regular season?  Do you know the D2 favorite to make it to the finals based on rankings was Heath, the D1 favorite was SLC.  Neither made it. 

Yes they are,  but they're usually very close.  Northshore was favored to make the final.  I predicted that and that wasn't hard for anybody to guess. 

Division 2 I had Guyer playing Westlake.  All verified here.

Unless you have all your teams in a division vying for the same 🏆  claiming depth by using the different amount of semi finalists doesn't make sense

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Depth is defined by the differing teams that make up the lopsided wins as I listed, the quality of the games is a different issue 

What that tells me is that more teams "can" be good in a season, not that they "are".  

Also of interest in these numbers, there are 256 teams per year or 1,024 teams in the past four years.  NINE spots of the final 16 were from three schools.    Granted only nine of 24 for the past six years, but still pretty remarkable conistiency

2021: Westlake, Duncanville, north shore, guyer, 

2020: Westlake, southlake, cedar hill, Katy

2019: Westlake, Guyer, north shore, Duncanville 

2018: longview, Westbrook, Duncanville, north shore

2017: Cy fair, midway, lake travis, Allen 

2016: Desoto, Steele, woodlands, lake travis

Just now, steeler01 said:

Yes they are,  but they're usually very close.  Northshore was favored to make the final.  I predicted that and that wasn't hard for anybody to guess. 

Division 2 I had Guyer playing Westlake.  All verified here.

Unless you have all your teams in a division vying for the same 🏆  claiming depth by using the different amount of semi finalists doesn't make sense

I said already rankings don’t matter, results do  . North shore was ranked 7th going into the playoffs and Heath was the 3rd highest ranked D2 team behind Westlake and Katy.

this was an exercise in outcomes, not rankings 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I said already rankings don’t matter, results do  . North shore was ranked 7th going into the playoffs and Heath was the 3rd highest ranked D2 team behind Westlake and Katy.

this was an exercise in outcomes, not rankings 

Heath was ranked 3rd in one ranking, not everyone had them ranked 3rd in division 2

5 minutes ago, pied said:

What that tells me is that more teams "can" be good in a season, not that they "are".  

Also of interest in these numbers, there are 256 teams per year or 1,024 teams in the past four years.  NINE spots of the final 16 were from three schools.    Granted only nine of 24 for the past six years, but still pretty remarkable conistiency

2021: Westlake, Duncanville, north shore, guyer, 

2020: Westlake, southlake, cedar hill, Katy

2019: Westlake, Guyer, north shore, Duncanville 

2018: longview, Westbrook, Duncanville, north shore

2017: Cy fair, midway, lake travis, Allen 

2016: Desoto, Steele, woodlands, lake travis

What’s considered good is subjective. Outcomes is reasonable and fair.  A team advancing far into the playoffs is a reasonable measure 

Those teams highlighted have been more consistent. We’ve always had teams go on a championship run for a few years. I’m not arguing that  

• Like 1

A perfect example that a team going deep means nothing about their quality of football

Well it shows how well did they vs their regional opponents. Lake travis was a regional power (region 4) not a statewide one. I think the state tournament generally reveals all of this at some point 

Let's take a closer look at how the top ap teams did in the playoffs in division 1

Carroll 1 Seed(Semifinalist)

Duncanville 2 Seed(Finalist)

Westfield 3 Seed(Thumped by Desoto)

NorthShore 4 Seed(none of the teams above were on their side of the bracket) Top Seed on their side of the bracket

Spring 5th Seed(Thumped by Duncanville)

But it proves the ranking aren't far off. 

Guyer the 2nd seeded team on their side of the bracket made the final

Based on rankings the D1 title should have been: SLC over NS.  D2 should have been: Westlake over Rockwall Heath. 

the rankings were right with picking 2 of the 4 teams and 1 out of the 2 outcomes. 

1. Austin Westlake10-0  (D2) Reg 4

2. Katy10-0  (D2) Reg 3

3. Southlake Carroll10-0 (D1) Reg 1

4. Duncanville8-1 (D1) Reg 2

5. Rockwall-Heath9-1 (D2) Reg 2

6. Spring Westfield10-0 (D1) Reg 2

7. GP North Shore9-1 (D1) reg 3

8. Spring9-1 (D1) reg 2

9. Denton Guyer9-1 (D1) reg 1 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Based on rankings the D1 title should have been: SLC over NS.  D2 should have been: Westlake over Rockwall Heath. 

the rankings were right with picking 2 of the 4 teams and 1 out of the 2 outcomes. 

1. Austin Westlake10-0  (D2) Reg 4

2. Katy10-0  (D2) Reg 3

3. Southlake Carroll10-0 (D1) Reg 1

4. Duncanville8-1 (D1) Reg 2

5. Rockwall-Heath9-1 (D2) Reg 2

6. Spring Westfield10-0 (D1) Reg 2

7. GP North Shore9-1 (D1) reg 3

8. Spring9-1 (D1) reg 2

9. Denton Guyer9-1 (D1) reg 1 

Going by those rankings yes.  Going by calpreps,  the right teams were in the finals

6 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Let's take a closer look at how the top ap teams did in the playoffs in division 1

Carroll 1 Seed(Semifinalist)

Duncanville 2 Seed(Finalist)

Westfield 3 Seed(Thumped by Desoto)

NorthShore 4 Seed(none of the teams above were on their side of the bracket) Top Seed on their side of the bracket

Spring 5th Seed(Thumped by Duncanville)

and NS won the whole thing, better than the 3 seeds ahead of them. So what does that say about rankings?