Texas Teams...

BobbySanchez

1 minute ago, WILKINSON said:

Put one of Louisiana’s best teams against St. John Bosco and let’s see what they do to them. Allen is a good program, but they’re not a national powerhouse with an elite roster. 
The game might not end up being pretty but I’m glad we’re seeing these type of games being played, OOS games that is.

Allen has been trending down for a while. They were blown out twice last season, by 2 teams that ended up blown out themselves. And that was with DJ Hicks. Lol

This is not Kyler Murray’s Allen teams 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WILKINSON said:

Put one of Louisiana’s best teams against St. John Bosco and let’s see what they do to them. Allen is a good program, but they’re not a national powerhouse with an elite roster. 

Allen has an Elite Student Enrollment...over 7,000...how many football teams does Allen field?.......meaning how many Freshman teams and J V teams, whatnot....how many total players are in the Allen program? 300 or more?

Don't be scared.....

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Why is it not looking good for Allen?

They are one of the best programs in Texas and have been for quite a while.

Have you seen them lately???  They haven't been able to keep up with dynamic offenses as of late. (Acastocita, SLC, Rockwall, etc)

And Prosper for some reason just gives them fits. 

Their current district isnt like the old district they were in where they could just walk all over the Plano schools.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Have you seen them lately???  They haven't been able to keep up with dynamic offenses as of late. (Acastocita, SLC, Rockwall, etc)

Their current district isnt like the old district they were in where they could just walk all over the Plano schools.

This, that and the other. Allen beat Guyer last year which was a good win.

5 Guyer [John H.] (Denton, TX)   team preview   trend Texas 6A Region I District 5 6A 14-2 5-1 (t 1st) 13-2 66.2 47.4 133-66
WINS: #55 Atascocita (Humble, TX) (46-35), #116 Ryan [Billy] (Denton, TX) (14-7), #202 Tomball (TX) (59-14), #209 Prosper (TX) (25-22), #209 Prosper (TX) (35-7), #273 Boyd (McKinney, TX) (35-10), #411 Nelson [Byron] (Trophy Club, TX) (43-36), #454 Braswell (Little Elm, TX) (35-14), #474 Dallas Jesuit (Dallas, TX) (56-7), #678 Little Elm (TX) (45-21), #680 Flower Mound (TX) (34-14), #879 McKinney (TX) (44-26), #923 Hebron (Carrollton, TX) (46-17), #1542 Lake Ridge (Mansfield, TX) (37-6), LOSSES: #5 Westlake (Austin, TX) (40-21), #65 Allen (TX) (38-31)

I expect Allen will give CA Bosco a game or better game than people think. There's really NO need for Texan's to be scared or pretend they don't care at all.

East St Louis, IL gave CA Bosco a game after all the smoke cleared last year. 42-26. ESL played a terrible 2nd Quarter, but they won the 2nd half. SO.

They lost one game in three of the last four years since winning the title in '17:

• 2018  (14-1)
    • 44-35 Duncanville
  • 2019 (11-1)
    • 60-59 Rockwall
  • 2020 (10-1) 
    • 49-45 Trinity
  • 2021 (11-3) 
    • 41-20 Atascocita
    • 28-23 Prosper
    • 49-21 SLC

One district loss, one non-district loss, and four losses in the playoffs for a 46-6 record is still phenomenal outside the weird world of only national elite HS football teams.  

Prosper has given them good games the past two years, but still 3-1 over them.

5 minutes ago, pied said:

They lost one game in three of the last four years since winning the title in '17:

• 2018  (14-1)
    • 44-35 Duncanville
  • 2019 (11-1)
    • 60-59 Rockwall
  • 2020 (10-1) 
    • 49-45 Trinity
  • 2021 (11-3) 
    • 41-20 Atascocita
    • 28-23 Prosper
    • 49-21 SLC

One district loss, one non-district loss, and four losses in the playoffs for a 46-6 record is still phenomenal outside the weird world of only national elite HS football teams.  

Do you think Allen will be better than last season?

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I can't say for sure, but when you start a soph QB for a year at a school like Allen, he likely is pretty good and Hawkins appears to be so.  

Can only think one more year is going to help him out and certanly would expect improvement in Chad Morriss' second season. 

Losing Hicks isn't great, but yeah, I would say Allen will be a better team than last year.  

1 hour ago, pied said:

• 2018  (14-1)
    • 44-35 Duncanville
  • 2019 (11-1)
    • 60-59 Rockwall
  • 2020 (10-1) 
    • 49-45 Trinity
  • 2021 (11-3) 
    • 41-20 Atascocita
    • 28-23 Prosper
    • 49-21 SLC

But who did they lose to? Those losses were to teams that were far from state title contenders. They also are replacing their entire OL.  (Last year they fell short of expectations/hype imo) 

every OOS game doesn’t have to be some headliner, highly anticipated matchup. Allen will be solid in Texas but in this game vs a national elite, they won’t be. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But who did they lose to? Those losses were to teams that were far from state title contenders. They also are replacing their entire OL.  (Last year they fell short of expectations/hype imo) 

every OOS game doesn’t have to be some headliner, highly anticipated matchup. Allen will be solid in Texas but in this game vs a national elite, they won’t be. 

• 2018 - Duncanville - runners up
  • 2019 -  Rockwall - semifinalist
  • 2020 - Trinity QF loser to SLC
    • Atascocita QF loser to North Shore
    • Prosper QF loser to Guyer
    • SLC SF loser to Duncanville

The teams they lost to in six games over the past four seasons include:

• 1 Runner up
  • 2 Semifinalists
  • 3 Quarterfinalists

So, if these teams aren't quality teams, what does that say about the depth in the state?  Seems like you can't have it both ways.  

Will certainly be tough replacing the entire OL.

Totally agree about the OOS headliner games.  Seems pretty clear that SJB should be the favorite, but Allen should have a strong team, likely stronger as the year progresses and the line matures.  

I'm guessing a good experience for both teams though. 

Also predicting, many will place WAY more importance and ramifications on it than it deserves. :) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pied said:

• 2018 - Duncanville - runners up
  • 2019 -  Rockwall - semifinalist
  • 2020 - Trinity QF loser to SLC
    • Atascocita QF loser to North Shore
    • Prosper QF loser to Guyer
    • SLC SF loser to Duncanville

The teams they lost to in six games over the past four seasons include:

• 1 Runner up
  • 2 Semifinalists
  • 3 Quarterfinalists

So, if these teams aren't quality teams, what does that say about the depth in the state?  Seems like you can't have it both ways.  

Will certainly be tough replacing the entire OL.

Totally agree about the OOS headliner games.  Seems pretty clear that SJB should be the favorite, but Allen should have a strong team, likely stronger as the year progresses and the line matures.  

I'm guessing a good experience for both teams though. 

Also predicting, many will place WAY more importance and ramifications on it than it deserves. :) 

I’m not just talking simple losses pied:

rockwall lost in the semifinals 56-14 in ‘19

trinity lost to SLC in ‘20 56-35

cita lost to NS in the quarterfinals last year 44-20

SLC was murdered by DV 35-9 in ‘21

How badly the teams lost that beat Allen speaks volumes, especially last season.  

now, why the hell would I think with Allen’s recent history (especially last year) they’d be competitive with a nationally top 5 team that returns quite a bit? (I was fooled after the trinity blowout win, but that was fools gold) 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I’m not just talking simple losses pied:

rockwall lost in the semifinals 56-14 in ‘19

trinity lost to SLC in ‘20 56-35

cita lost to NS in the quarterfinals last year 44-20

SLC was murdered by DV 35-9 in ‘21

How badly the teams lost that beat Allen speaks volumes, especially last season.  

You know I guess that is not surprising thinking of the score disparity in Texas playoff games, also shooting the mantra, that the depth in Texas is so great and the road to the state title is the hardest in the country.

It would appear that you believe those are not true.  Hard to argue with the scores I guess.

3 minutes ago, pied said:

You know I guess that is not surprising thinking of the score disparity in Texas playoff games, also shooting the mantra, that the depth in Texas is so great and the road to the state title is the hardest in the country.

It would appear that you believe those are not true.  Hard to argue with the scores I guess.

If you factor the whole season not just the playoffs there is depth.  

and my thought is DFW is less competitive compared to the rest of the state. (Specifically Houston) 

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

5 Guyer [John H.] (Denton, TX)   team preview   trend Texas 6A Region I District 5 6A 14-2 5-1 (t 1st) 13-2 66.2 47.4 133-66
WINS: #55 Atascocita (Humble, TX) (46-35), #116 Ryan [Billy] (Denton, TX) (14-7), #202 Tomball (TX) (59-14), #209 Prosper (TX) (25-22), #209 Prosper (TX) (35-7), #273 Boyd (McKinney, TX) (35-10), #411 Nelson [Byron] (Trophy Club, TX) (43-36), #454 Braswell (Little Elm, TX) (35-14), #474 Dallas Jesuit (Dallas, TX) (56-7), #678 Little Elm (TX) (45-21), #680 Flower Mound (TX) (34-14), #879 McKinney (TX) (44-26), #923 Hebron (Carrollton, TX) (46-17), #1542 Lake Ridge (Mansfield, TX) (37-6), LOSSES: #5 Westlake (Austin, TX) (40-21), #65 Allen (TX) (38-31)

I expect Allen will give CA Bosco a game or better game than people think. There's really NO need for Texan's to be scared or pretend they don't care at all.

East St Louis, IL gave CA Bosco a game after all the smoke cleared last year. 42-26. ESL played a terrible 2nd Quarter, but they won the 2nd half. SO.

Well Allen is 9-0 all-time vs Guyer. So there's that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pied said:

So there's a lot of depth, just not in the playoffs?

Allen has only lost two non-playoff games in four years, right?

Playoff games have been less competitive over the years... especially in DFW (Why are we talking playoff games when the issue is allen vs SJB?) 

Allen’s worst regular season was last year. I’ve pointed out several times last season was not a good barometer for them. That’s the relevant carryover to this season not what graduated players and old coaching staff did in ‘18 abs other years   

2 hours ago, pied said:

• 2018  (14-1)
    • 44-35 Duncanville
  • 2019 (11-1)
    • 60-59 Rockwall
  • 2020 (10-1) 
    • 49-45 Trinity
  • 2021 (11-3) 
    • 41-20 Atascocita
    • 28-23 Prosper
    • 49-21 SLC

Should be 2-2.  But things happened with a couple of second left on the clock.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Playoff games have had less parity over the years. (Why are we talking playoff games when the issue is allen vs SJB?) 

Allen’s worst regular season was last year. I’ve pointed out several times last season was not a good barometer for them. That’s the relevant carryover to this season not what graduated players and old coaching staff did in ‘18 abs other years   

LOL, who knows?!? I think it got started, at this post and the bolded comments for me

3 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

To me, this seems to be alluding to them not doing very well.  

To me, three undefeated seasons and losing to teams that did well in the playoffs is pretty good.  

To me, losing two regular season games last year to teams that did well in the playoff and your playoff game to a QF team, isn't terrible.

Now, it seems the conversation has turned to, ~well yeah those teams went far in the playoffs, but they weren't any good anyway.  

15 minutes ago, pied said:

LOL, who knows?!? I think it got started, at this post and the bolded comments for me

To me, this seems to be alluding to them not doing very well.  

To me, three undefeated seasons and losing to teams that did well in the playoffs is pretty good.  

To me, losing two regular season games last year to teams that did well in the playoff and your playoff game to a QF team, isn't terrible.

Now, it seems the conversation has turned to, ~well yeah those teams went far in the playoffs, but they weren't any good anyway.  

Let’s cut to the chase pied. Do you think this Allen team the past few years is comparable to the ‘17 team or the one in ‘18 that was #1 for most the year? 

and I didn’t say SLC, Rockwall and others weren’t good, but Allen clearly was in a tier below the best. Hell, even your playoff score, depth analysis shows that much 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Let’s cut to the chase pied. Do you think this Allen team the past few years is comparable to the ‘17 team or the one in ‘18 that was #1 for most the year? 

and I didn’t say SLC, Rockwall and others weren’t good, but Allen clearly was in a tier below the best. Hell, even your playoff score, depth analysis shows that much 

I think you're the one making it more complicated than need be.  This stems from a very simple question and a relatively (for me lol) straight forward answer.

4 hours ago, steeler01 said:

4 hours ago, pied said:

I can't say for sure, but when you start a soph QB for a year at a school like Allen, he likely is pretty good and Hawkins appears to be so.  

Can only think one more year is going to help him out and certanly would expect improvement in Chad Morriss' second season. 

Losing Hicks isn't great, but yeah, I would say Allen will be a better team than last year.  

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

Allen doesn’t defense, 

so Yes, they’re in trouble. Their only hope is to either, get into a shootout or hope Thing 2 is afraid of the Allen Escadrille.

• Haha 1