Texas Teams...

BobbySanchez

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

my comment was to you specifically for saying TWHS recruited Gomez 

these kids play on 7on7 and know each other from around, it doesn’t mean coaches or school staff intervene to recruit them to attend. 

Who cares if it makes them better, if they can’t beat the top teams no one will care. This isn’t the first time Woodz got a quality transfer, and they didn’t capitalize on it 

this is the exact reason I started the transfer thread on the Texas site to show the order of magnitude of transfers in Texas. We are on page 9 and the woodz transfers are the only highlights 

That's a fair point.  I don't know that either of those players were "recruited" and didn't mean to say that they were, BUT the quote certainly shows me or implies an accusation of recruiting and that wasn't right for me. 

I can certainly be suspicious of any transfer and it not cross the nebulous line of "recruiting" so my bad on that.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Bishop Dunn tried and was on their way, but competing for kids with Duncanville, Desoto, Cedar Hill, SOC and etc proved to be a little much.

If Mater Dei was in Dallas they might even find themselves in battles for the best players in the Dallas/Forth Worth area.

I don't think so and the reason I say that is that they wouldn't be able to compete with the traditional powers for a title in the UIL.  That certainly could change, but it would take a few things to happen IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

@pied the biggest transfer, imo, this off season isn’t kids going to public powerhouses, it’s Desoto losing their top 4**** (rivals #115) recruit to parish episcopal. 

Probably so, so far.  Parish has  a good thing going.  They are committed to having an excellent athletic program.  It is relatively central and the campus, while unique, has A LOT to offer its students.  I'm pretty familiar with the school overall.  

Their Head of School Monaco is a very interesting and passionate guy.

5 minutes ago, pied said:

I don't think so and the reason I say that is that they wouldn't be able to compete with the traditional powers for a title in the UIL.  That certainly could change, but it would take a few things to happen IMO.

Nope.  UIL would say "Do not pass go.  Go directly to TAPPS."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Nope.  UIL would say "Do not pass go.  Go directly to TAPPS."

Probably so.  I don't think the transfer/recruiting train stops any time soon though and could see some of these schools getting in the UIL or some combo at some points, down the line.

The world is becoming smaller and smaller is so many ways.  The emergence of strength/speed coaches, QB coaches, kicking coaches, the "select" 7 on 7 teams are all driving us in that direction and are as parent driven as they are provider driven.  These kids know each other in ways we couldn't have thought of just a short time ago.  

• Like 1

Just now, pied said:

Probably so.  I don't think the transfer/recruiting train stops any time soon though.  

The world is becoming smaller and smaller is so many ways.  The emergence of strength/speed coaches, QB coaches, kicking coaches, the "select" 7 on 7 teams are all driving us in that direction and are as parent driven as they are provider driven.  These kids know each other in ways we couldn't have thought of just a short time ago.  

Fair point.

On 4/4/2022 at 12:03 PM, Horsefly said:

@pied the biggest transfer, imo, this off season isn’t kids going to public powerhouses, it’s Desoto losing their top 4**** (rivals #115) recruit to parish episcopal. 

Lol, that one didn't last long.  #1 player in Texas and top five in the nation.  Think he moved to Allen from a different Katy school when his dad got hired by Allen.  Guessing something similar here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, pied said:

Lol, that one didn't last long.  #1 player in Texas and top five in the nation.  Think he moved to Allen from a different Katy school when his dad got hired by Allen.  Guessing something similar here.

I wish Paetow the best in trying to hold their own in 6A 😞 That never tends to work out well;

Unless you’re Carroll.

8 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I wish Paetow the best in trying to hold their own in 6A 😞 That never tends to work out well;

Unless you’re Carroll.

There have a been a few with some success, but it's typically a tough transition.

Getting the #1 player in the state/country  per some sites helps a little though.  :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pied said:

Coaching staffs hiring 5 star kids dad. Seems legit. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pied said:

Yes, it’s similar, his dad was hired as assist HC. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Yea from Morton Ranch to Allen back to a Katy school. 

The new thing is former players that were standouts coaching kids in some way and HS hiring them to acquire these kids. This one just happens to be his son

Paetow last year got Isiah Villanueva from Langham Creek.  Villanueva is at North Texas this year

17 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Not looking good for Allen in their first game of the year next year. They’re gonna need all the help they can get. St. John Bosco is gonna come and knock the doors off at Eagle Stadium. Their roster is looking very intimidating. 

Yeah Allen is toast.  I’m not even excited about this one. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, WILKINSON said:

Not looking good for Allen in their first game of the year next year. They’re gonna need all the help they can get. St. John Bosco is gonna come and knock the doors off at Eagle Stadium. Their roster is looking very intimidating. 

They are oven-roasted-and-toasted either way.  Unless they suddenly quit being stubborn on defense and had an offensive overhaul.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

Why is it not looking good for Allen?

They are one of the best programs in Texas and have been for quite a while.

37 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Why is it not looking good for Allen?

They are one of the best programs in Texas and have been for quite a while.

Put one of Louisiana’s best teams against St. John Bosco and let’s see what they do to them. Allen is a good program, but they’re not a national powerhouse with an elite roster. 
The game might not end up being pretty but I’m glad we’re seeing these type of games being played, OOS games that is.