RedZone Preseason Poll #21: Deerfield Beach, FL Update

RedZone

Deerfield Beach picked up a 3* QB transfer from Boca Raton...now rolling with two 3* QBs and a host of serious skill players.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/palm-beach/fl-sp-hs-pratt-transfer-20190808-g3wkngwqlbe75dn3g5cr6kmzci-story.html

3* QB Tulane commit

3* QB Southern Miss commit

4* RB Florida St commit

4* RB Michigan, Auburn, Miami, Penn St, Oregon and a host of others.

4* WR Georgia Tech commit

3* WR Maryland commit

3* WR Pitt commit

3* WR Miami Hurricane commit

NR* WR Penn St, Boston Collge, Maryland offers.

They are loaded, but need to get better.  Defense looked very good tonight.   

Stars are overrated but they have a ton more with good offers (I count a total of 19 on 247 sports).  2022  6'2 350 DT Alton Tarber might not have stars yet but he has an Ole Miss offer and more will come.   

9071704.jpg

That all being said they have to improve on offense if they want to be able to compete with the big boys.    

9 hours ago, RedZone said:

Deerfield Beach picked up a 3* QB transfer from Boca Raton...now rolling with two 3* QBs and a host of serious skill players.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/palm-beach/fl-sp-hs-pratt-transfer-20190808-g3wkngwqlbe75dn3g5cr6kmzci-story.html

3* QB Tulane commit

4* RB Florida St commit

3* WR Maryland commit

3* WR Pitt commit

They lost their KOC vs Atlantic 12-10.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, RedZone said:

3* QB Tulane commit

4* RB Florida St commit

3* WR Maryland commit

3* WR Pitt commit

Another Red Zone Rabbit hole.

Your Poll turned into a train wreck before Aug, 16. LOL

But at least you tried. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Atlantic beat MNW 24-10 in their scrimmage and MNW is Preseason #6 in FL.

Atlantic may be a scrimmage warrior.

I'll get to see Atlantic play this year so I'll be interested in seeing what they got

That Bryant guy they have on DL a stud, saw some tape on him and was very impressed with what I saw

Western got blanked by Miami Palmetto 23-0  (who has talent, especially on D).   Not much offense in this game, with Palmetto forcing 5 turnovers.  

Carol City beat Norland 21-14  (CC has a new HC, as  the previous HC Hyppolite is an asst. coach under Ice Harris at Florida Memorial University).   CC played a freshman QB, who did well last night.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Western got blanked by Miami Palmetto 23-0  (who has talent, especially on D).   Not much offense in this game, with Palmetto forcing 5 turnovers.  

Carol City beat Norland 21-14  (CC has a new HC, as  the previous HC Hyppolite is an asst. coach under Ice Harris at Florida Memorial University).   CC played a freshman QB, who did well last night.   

Miami palmetto may be flying under the radar a bit TBH

The results last night were interesting to say the least but I'm looking forward to seeing some preseason results tonight as well 

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

I remember a few years back North Miami Beach beat up on MNW in one of these important scrimmages.

A lot of FL bought the hype and thought they might take down John Curtis.

John Curtis won that game 48-0.

These scrimmages are meaningless.

People thought highly of NMB because of what they did the previous season (12-1) not what happened in one kickoff classic.

Of course they went 6-5 the year they played John Curtis.

3 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

They lost their KOC vs Atlantic 12-10.

Deerfield Beach looked better in my eyes, but it appears Atlantic is getting better.   If they were to play in a regular season game I’d take DFB by 10-14 though.     DFB moved the ball well and would get some penalties or a weird spot when in the redzone.  Saw some blatant PIs that were getting ignored too.   Did the ref strike in Palm Beach County end or were these guys some replacement refs? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Deerfield Beach looked better in my eyes, but it appears Atlantic is getting better.   If they were to play in a regular season game I’d take DFB by 10-14 though.     DFB moved the ball well and would get some penalties or a weird spot when in the redzone.  Saw some blatant PIs that were getting ignored too.   Did the ref strike in Palm Beach County end or were these guys some replacement refs? 

I think Lee county the only one on strike atm

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, The Guru said:

People thought highly of NMB because of what they did the previous season (12-1) not what happened in one kickoff classic.

And Curtis did what they were supposed to do....thrashed them. I’m starting to get used to these weak comebacks from you. Don’t tell me that’s all you have, limp dick? 

42 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Probably a combination of both 

I remember people hyping that scrimmage though...... 28-0 or something like that? I can't be sure.