Calif Under Armor Bowl Series Schedule 2017

Sammyswordsman

8/31 – Chaminade (California) vs. Mountain Pointe (Arizona), 8 P.M.

9/1 – Servite (California) vs. American Fork (Utah), 5 P.M.

9/1 – Vista Murrieta (California) at Mission Viejo (California), 8 P.M.

9/2 – Orem (Utah) vs. Bakersfield (California), 12:30 P.M.

9/2 – Timpview (Utah) vs. Del Oro (California), 4 P.M.

9/2 – St. John Bosco (California) vs. Garces Memorial (California) 8 P.M.

All games at Mission Viejo High School

Bosco playing St. Thomas Aquinas the week before, boy will that be a good gauge for the rest of the year as far as Cali vs Florida.

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

SJB tends to schedule one of these games every year -- was La Canada, which is not pronounced like that country up north

Have no problem with scheduling a tune up game but being a " bowl series ", was hoping for a good opponent , someone who could beat them, like Folsom....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Have no problem with scheduling a tune up game but being a " bowl series ", was hoping for a good opponent , someone who could beat them, like Folsom....

I think Folsom '15 would have beaten them

I wouldn't bet on any other Folsom team since they started recruiting hugely (to quote the president)

37 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Folsom couldn't beat Sac or St. Mary's last year. I think Boscos physically play would be a really bad match up and it would be ugly. Just a bad match up IMO. SJB is not a good match up for several teams.

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

Did Garces memorial find a bus of transfers to be playing SJB? 

The coach of Garces is AJ Gass who was the previous coach at Servite. Maybe him and Negro are friends and Gass wants to play against the Trinity League. Besides, Garces can't possibly do any worse against SJB than Servite has the past couple of years.

41 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Folsom couldn't beat Sac or St. Mary's last year. I think Boscos physically play would be a really bad match up and it would be ugly. Just a bad match up IMO. SJB is not a good match up for several teams.

Sammys favorite team is Folsom, only reason I made comment. They need a sarcasm symbol! 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Ararar said:

That was the last time they were good as well 

Yeah that's from what I remember. Too bad. They use to be pretty good for those few years. Now they're just a shell of what they use to be. I thought when Todd went there to coach he would revive that program. Just want to see somebody in that league challenge Cen10.  

Anyone know the history of this?

seems like it started not long ago

that's a pretty good line-up but would be cool to have all the marquee teams in CA (like add MD, CC, DLS) and maybe attract some more interesting opponents -- sort of a CA Herbie

have no idea why DLS hasn't been -- or whether they've been invited